Anyone here enjoys risky eating?

Anyone here enjoys risky eating?
Last night I remembered I had a pound of steak that was 5 days old in the fridge and it wasn't exactly the best when I bought it but rather the last day on a three day sale
I opened it and it was green and smelly but I thrower it whole in a pan for 25 minutes and ate it anyways.
Today I woke up fine, it's not always the case

My roommate thought I was crazy for just cutting/scooping off the moldy bits of bread, cheese, hummus, etc. and for eating stuff past the "best by" dates. I don't think my behavior is that risky but he flicked me maximum shit for that stuff all the time.

I wouldn't say I enjoy it but I'm fine with veggies, fruits, bread, cheese. Sometimes meat, never seafood or chicken.

My dad left opened ground beef in the fridge for god knows how long. More than three weeks. To the point where it was black and dry to the core. I accidentally ate some of it when he cooked it. I was fine, but it wasn't like it was unusual for us to eat actual expires food growing up so maybe it was actually fine or we have some crazy immune system since it wasn't uncommon for our electricity to be cut off so long I remember him once opening a thing of pork lion and asking me if it smelled alright. This was the first and so far only time I've liked because of a smell. He still fucking cooked it.

There's nothing special or surprising about that. You're probably misleading yourself into thinking that you have an iron stomach.

Beef is just one of those things that a lot of people don't get easily sick from. I can eat smelly ground beef, and I'll be perfectly fine.

Just don't go around thinking that you'll be invincible because one of these days, you'll encounter some bad fish or pork, and you'll be on the shitter for hours.

Doing this with breads and shit is fine. It's meats where it can get dicey. Especially with poultry and fish.

the stuff you can actully see with mold is the spores, the roots can be much, much deeper and close to impossible to see. if it's something like hard cheese so would it be hard for the roots to get deep but it would be easy with bread.

the reason you don't eat moldy food is that some(even if the norm is that they are safe, so are there still some kinds) are toxic, the entirety of them, even the roots.

so it's still risky, even if there is a low chance of actully getting sick from it.

Coule of days ago I ate eggs which were 2 weeks over the best by date.

Put your eggs in a bowl of water. If they float, they're bad.

Your a fucking idiot, stop pretending to be a mycologist on this Laotion metallurgy forum

You can eat eggs months past the sell-by date and still be fine

I go to an asian buffet once a week that costs 7 bucks for dinner. Every time I go I eat at least 24 raw oysters.

No, it means they dried up some. While an indicator of age it has nothing to do with them going bad. Eggs last for weeks in room temperature and months if refrigerated. If they didn't there'd be no chickens.

My dad got really fucking sick doing that once.
It's funny I have an iron gut yet my dad got really fucking sick a lot when I was growing up (he still dos) and my mom vomits from eating anything spicy.
I wonder where does it come from, I'm the person less promote to illness not only in my family but out of anyone I ever met

I'm thinking of making kombucha soon.

I've been hearing that experimenting with fermentation can be risky.

wtf is this? the blog it's from just says korean street food...

>roots
IT'S A FUCKING FUNGUS, THEY'RE CALLED MYCELIUM YOU FUNGAL PHALLUS FLICKER.

Not for american eggs. They pasturize it so you have to put it in the fridge.

there are so many things wrong with this post, i don't know where to begin

I cook up that farmed Atlantic salmon all nice and cool and pink inside. And I love it.

>I had a pound of steak that was 5 days
Steak is best when it's been aged.