Why do teenagers at Wattpad always make their main characters "ordinary", as they declare they are...

Why do teenagers at Wattpad always make their main characters "ordinary", as they declare they are? Why even bother reading about the dull and unassuming?

They even get published in this shithole country.

her avatar looks wearing a night gown

also what language is it? spanglish?

It's Filipino with a dash of English.
Stories like these are unfortunately everywhere, and publishers actually publish them. And readers actually buy them. And filmmakers adapt them...

self insert

Looks fillerpeeno. She's probably publicly circumcising her brothers as we speak.

You have to go out on a limb to make interesting characters. The best things in my writing make me the most self-conscious when I show them to people, so I imagine a teenage girl fucking around with Wattpad would avoid anything that feels like actually asserting/exposing herself (in terms of talent/imagination/personality).

People often want characters they can relate to. You can self insert as the character and pretend you're the one going on poorly written YA ripoff adventures

It looks like they just make characters as they go, without concerning themselves whether they should create depth for them or not.

That's pretty sad, man.

It is, but that's how the entire Japanese Light Novel industry works

Is that why bland protagonists in anime are more prevalent than ever?

>Trailer made
y?

y not?

What ghastly part of the internet is this lad? Abandon

It's Wattpad, my friend. The greatest place for aspiring writers.

An acclaimed novelist I know recommended putting stuff on Wattpad because his husband (who's never been a professional writer) does it. I don't know if there's some secret community of serious literati on Wattpad that I don't know about or if this guy just didn't want to believe his hubby was a hack.

It's based off of JRPGs which are much better than their writing.

Aveyond is some of the most cliched crap I've ever played, but it's entertaining and works, and I don't see the issue with that.

The key difference is tradition versus self-insert fanfiction.

There's hardly any good shit in Wattpad, so I suppose that's why the publishing companies here just settle for the ones which are popular no matter how shitty they are.

There's talent scouting but the general idea is that Wattpad is a training zone where people can post and socialize without feeling any sort of pressure.

It may have alot of shit, but it serves a purpose.

to hook the readers in of course

Why can't autists on Veeky Forums understand that not every book needs to be the MOST COMPLEX AND GOOD BOOK EVER?

kill yourself retard

so what else do you read, YA books?

picture books?

That has nothing to do with what I've said

why do filipinos switch their language constantly
is it some kind of disease

They're not proficient with pure Filipino/Tagalog so they use Taglish.

>you will never find out your teenage philipino mail order bride is writing magical teenager fiction and drunkenly chase her around your bachelor apartment with a belt

Dude, Filipinos are the most powerful Race in the World, they can do everything

>most good
>autists on /li/

kek