Is this patrician?

Is this patrician?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/review/show/99607064?book_show_action=true&from_review_page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Has anyone on Veeky Forums read this?

no

I don't thinks so.It doesn't look very appealig to me.Anybody with a more in depth opinion?

some info pls?

Sounds like the author is Australian, a "humorist", and a video game critic. Not a promising mix. Not a promising mix at all my friend. A deeply troubling mix.

It was written by a videogame "critic" who is famous.
That is it.
I wouldn't even know about the existence of the book if it wasn't for the author.
As far as I know it's about the world being covered in thick layers of jam that consumes people.

Probably not man.
In the time you spent reading this you could have read a significant amount of Paradise Lost.

>anything to do with video games

This is a purple only board. Go wait for your bread in the gutter where you belong.

I used to watch his let's plays. They were kinda entertaining and both the hosts are more intelligent than the average let's player, and their best let's plays were the ones which they didn't talk about the game but unfortunately they started to get dull when the videos became more discoursed on the games themselves, so I stopped watching.

I prefer the TV show.

what's a purple board?

I don't even know what you're saying.

Patrician indeed, my fellow reader. mayhaps you take a gander some of his finely crafted videogame review, yes? Also, if you crave more excellently crafted stories I might have a recommendation or two. in any case, enjoy this fine tome. Ta ta!

I feel the same way when yo pseuds start talking about philosophy.

Holy shit, I've never seen a Goodreads review by that guy that didn't make me feel Fremdscham

Here's the classic of course: goodreads.com/review/show/99607064?book_show_action=true&from_review_page=1

>be me
>hop on goodreads to find the shit review
>rothfuss has read 368 books in 2014??
>how did he pull of that marvelous feat, let me click on that link
>it's all comics

sheeeesh

Why are fantasy writers all enormous faggots?

is he using his own book as a standard of comparison? lmaooo the madman

this actually seems alright for prose in fantasy, if a little verbose, is it any good? I havent read fantasy in years and everything that's out there right now seems like shit.

The Gentlemen Bastards series is pretty good, but it borders on being whedonesque at times. Lynch has nice prose that fits the world he's presenting and he's above average when it comes to story structure. The only issues I had with it was that it occasionally felt like it was trying too hard to be clever than it was to actually progressing the story.

>reading a book written by an actual fedora who reviews video games on the internet

Perhaps this isn't the board for you.

and miss out on all the semen slurping and memes? no way.

It's a fun low brow sort of thing, very relevant and approachable to people who grew up on forums.

I found it funny.

It's fun. His other book is fun as well. They almost remind me of Candide, in the capricious execution of their plots.

Needless to say, they're not members of the Western canon by any means. In both of them, for example, the transition into the dénouement shows signs of hasty resolution now that the author's had his fun (more so in Jam, I'd say). But the author's wit is more than enough to save it from that.

For a preview of it just watch some of his videos. Judging By The Cover would be better than his reviews to do so, I'd say.

It's a book about how self-replicating Jam eats organic matter and consumes the country of Australia
The focus is primarily on this autist who bounces off of every other character. The main character owns a Birdeater Spider and thinks that it talks to him, hence the cover.
It's not that amazing. It was fun to read, though.