Life goes on?

what is the current leading hypothesis for preservation of life (not restricted to organic) in our solar system?

Survive long enough for Elon Musk to nuke Mars into a global warming fueled temperate climate.

>hypothesis
Do you mean action plan or are you asking about hypotheses that explain how life goes on?

If we can't "fix" Earth, who honestly believes anything will come of terraforming Mars?

action plan

this picture is fucking stupid

Venus is what Earth will eventually become once the global temperature rises and the oceans evaporate

and why is there some random whore in the background

Uh yeah... An entire new planet...

Far more viable for permanent settlement than any space habitat or even the moon since the muscular/skeletal degradation will be less pronounced than in moon/micro gravity (will still be pretty bad though).

It's still firmly rooted at, "make it up as we go along, at least until we know what we're doing and can figure out how to design generation ships."

>global temperature rises and the oceans evaporate

When Earth formed 4.6 billion years ago from a hot mix of gases and solids, it had almost no atmosphere. The surface was molten. As Earth cooled, an atmosphere formed mainly from gases spewed from volcanoes. It included hydrogen sulfide, methane, and ten to 200 times as much carbon dioxide as today’s atmosphere. After about half a billion years, Earth’s surface cooled and solidified enough for water to collect on it.

Your statement is invalid

>because tits

>literally copying and pasting shit from generic science websites

just kill yourself now

Veeky Forums is for 13-25 year olds.
Reddit is for 22-35 year olds.
Very rarely are there any top level graduates online in forums anymore.
They jump to conclusions, straw man and contradict well known consensus-based concepts, and in some areas, they even reject axioms.

They don't seem to understand the importance of coherency or source.

In this case, user straw mans and then refuses to point to a source, just dictating anons memory justifies anons emotional retort and denial.

Debate etiquette calls for references, which I posted, and logical arguments without presumptions, which I posted, but I doubt anyone will take LOGIC for what it's worth when people can try to rely on self-serving biases and interpretations.

>Smithsonian
>Generic
Lurk more faggot

this information has nothing to do with the post you are replying to

we think Venus got its hellish atmosphere when its oceans evaporated

>calls for references
No, it calls for CITATION. When you mouth off stuff you copied from somewhere else without pointing out that you're a plebian shithead with nothing to contribute, and you don't cite *where* you got it from, that's called intellectual dishonest and it's a plague on all academic pursuit.

Look, if you're still going to troll or act retarded, that's fine.
- Swear
- Ad hominem; Call people names
- Don't provide counter-arguments
- Reject realism and the scientific consensus
That's ok.
Just don't loop.
Looping is cancer.

Personal incredulity and the argument from ignorance are fallacies. You're ignorant.
You imply you have no knowledge of the other kinds, therefore they don't exist.
That is wrong irrational.
:D

It is generic. It's 6th grade science text book tier stuff meant to apply to people like you. Planetary geophysics are complicated. There is a whole lot we still don't have a complete picture of, mainly magnetic fields. We assume Venus' core has either solidified or is matching the temperature of its mantle so the process of convection no longer makes the world act like a dynamo.

>shitposting on a chinese imageboard
>calling out faggots for plagiarism
>being this autistic
>mfw

Enjoy you tendies fuckface

Another wildly tangential reply that didn't address the post it quoted. What is this horseshit?

The current leading hypothesis is that earth is the only planet we will ever have and we need to save it. Nobody takes interplanetary colonization seriously, it will never be a viable alternative when we wreck this planet. We need to stop thinking it's an option and focus on preserving what we have. Or what we have left.

>plagiarism
It wasn't plagiarism, it was intellectual dishonesty. It signifies that that user had no intention of really addressing anything that anyone was discussing.

Veeky Forums doesn't benefit from shitposting the way other boards do. Just go.

Its "copypasta" you tool
OP is trying to "troll" you

Most likely he hails from r9k and just finished jacking off to traps and now for amusement tries to rope anons into some pointless logical fallacy
Bear with him, this is how people of lesser intellect amuse themselves

>Nobody takes interplanetary colonization seriously

Oh yeah that's why NASA totally doesn't dump billions into Mars One

>Bear with him
No. When I feel that Veeky Forums can't take a shill thread and make it decent, I'll just report the thread like everyone else does. Every board has a different way of making shills, trolls, bait, and general quality destruction go away.

I take it you don't have high reading comprehension?
I can post a test to check your knowledge of scientific principles and you can share the link of your results, timestamped of course.
:D

You have offered zero counter-point, zero counter evidence.
Therefore I see no reason to continue with you if only I have something to intellectually contribute.

Your denialism is fallacious.

I think the point of the generic science quote, in relevance to Venus, could be after a few billion years could the atmosphere of Venus cool, thus leading to oceans?

Your posts are utter shit regardless of the quality or intellect of any other posts ITT. Kill yourself.

There's no point trying to steelman for an user that has no intellectual honesty to exhibit in the first place.

That has never been proven.

Intellectual (me):1
Pseudo-intellectual:0

I am an atheist as well.
I'm just an educated atheist.
Here are my beliefs:
Empiricism, falsifiability, fallacy checking, the scientific method, the socratic method, humility, scientific consensus, etc.

I don't believe in jumping to conclusions or siding with an unproven concept and calling it proven with emotional fervor.
That's irrational.
The only rational thing is to remain neutral until something is proven true with experimentation or some form of evidence.
Presumption is never evidence.

Venusian atmosphere is 96% carbon dioxide
and 90 times more massive than Earth's atmosphere with roughly the same gravity
It's equatorial rotation speed is 4mph

The planet is permanently fucked

>The planet is permanently fucked

We can rebuild it. We have the technology. Better. Faster.

>Intellectual (me):1
>Pseudo-intellectual:0
>scores himself
>berates emotional fervor
You are demonstrably a hypocrite.

Either..

>user trying to pass this off as their own work

or

>thinking user tried to pass this off as their own

..full retard

So realistically, best case scenario for (human) life is to continue on Earth until the Sun explodes, but in the mean time we can use Mars as a test ground for developing extended extraterrestrial habitation, and Venus is pretty much moot.