How was the second integral obtained? What rule was used? Why were we integrating with respect to distance...

How was the second integral obtained? What rule was used? Why were we integrating with respect to distance, and then this was switched to integration with respect to momentum (mv)? And was this a def. integral from 0 to s at first, but transformed into a def. integral from 0 to momentum?

pic related

The variable s denotes distance by the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

socratic.org/questions/how-is-momentum-of-an-object-related-to-stopping-distance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quick google search
socratic.org/questions/how-is-momentum-of-an-object-related-to-stopping-distance

[math]\displaystyle \frac{ds}{dt} = v [/math]

I know this already, and I still don't get it. I need a step by step explanation of how the second integral was made to appear.

Thanks, now I understand why they integrated with respect to momentum. But why was the definite integral changed as being from 0 to s to 0 to momentum?

Anyone?

oh my god integration is so friggin gay fuck my ass

>differential and upper bound are the same variable

absolutely disgusting

I think it's an issue of being rigorous. There should be two integrals, one for the range of position (0 to s) and one for momentum (0 to mv). But they just write the one.

Why is it not a definite integral of vd(mv) from to 0 to s? Why is it from 0 to mv?
I got how vd(mv) was obtained from d(mv)/dt ds. But why was the definite integral switched from being from 0 to s to 0 to mv?

Anyone?

bump

what class is this op

also, idk lel

Fucking subscribe to chegg man or type that shit into wolfram. Math is hard, but you can do it with help, also youre not going to use that shit in the field really anyways. If you do, you can look that shit up.

physics really pisses me off sometimes
if it's not some unexpected infinity showing up, it's some asshole textbook author that skips the important steps and just leaves out an integral sign entirely
why does this happen?

>why does this happen?
My professor was telling me they show double/triple integrals as single integrals in textbooks because they don't want to scare students.

are you serious

You guys are tards, i'm a NEET college dropout and even I can see that a) ds/dt =v b) its now summed to momentum because by doing step a) you've set s to be constant and c) they have done this so that they can integrate that final formula from 0 to v only seeing as m or s doesn't show up in it

>able to decipher textbook runes
>NEET dropout
you must hvae good kind of autism, like jacob barneet, or neil degrasse titan

i am extremely autistic.

somebody make this a Veeky Forums banner

Special relativity