Fug

fug

How do i integrate either of pic related?

I ran both through my TI-Nspire CX CAS and no luck

Is it even possible?

For context, I'm trying to derive (not calculus derive, just create) a formula that gives an ellipse's perimeter given its eccentricity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_integral#Complete_elliptic_integral_of_the_second_kind

Other urls found in this thread:

math2.org/math/trig/identities.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The first step is to learn LaTeX

>not calculus derive
>calculus derive

lolwut

Why spends ages using [math] \LaTeX [/math] when I can just use a picture?

Pic related. Make sure you're actually smart before you throw your ego around like that.

Why spend ages learning math when you can just use a calculator?

the "calculus derive" as you call it is actually "differentiate". follow your own advice next time, pleb.

I can use [math] \LaTeX [/math] just like I can do maths. A picture, like a calculator, is just a time-saver.

'Derive' is so commonly used with regards to calculus that if I'd used it at all, someone would mistake it for the process of differentiation, hence why I made the distinction. I know what differentiation is, stop being a fussy faggot. You're just wasting time and space.

goddamn. use u-substitution. I'm a damn idiot when it comes to math and even I know this.

plus I think the second one looks a lot like arctan. just a hint there bud.

I think OP uses 'derive' instead of 'differentiate' like normal humans

>goddamn. use u-substitution. I'm a damn idiot when it comes to math and even I know this
>I'm a damn idiot
>idiot
Not u-sub you mong

If you're "a damn idiot when it comes to math", I'm sure my calculator could have figured out what they were. Yet, it just returns the input, leading me to believe that it's not possible to integrate these.

Let me clue you in on some advanced geometric principles that I learned while studying trilateral polygons in the two-dimensional Banach space equipped with the Euclidean norm:
math2.org/math/trig/identities.htm

Where did this start? Is it a third world thing? I only ever see it here.

well...I did say I was an idiot.

> Is it a third world thing?
quite possibly

don't think I've ever heard anyone use derive when they meant differentiate here (UK).

solve it numerically

/thread

He obviously wants an analytic solution, dumbass

but there isn't an analytic solution to the elliptic integral you stupid cunt

If there would be a solution, it wouldn't be called an "elliptic integral".

There is no analytic solution to that integral. It is known as the elliptic integral, because it is what you get for finding the arch length of an ellipse.

That's an elliptic integral son