MADMAN

MADMAN

Yea I don't think people understand how cheap/easy they will be doing mars missions

mars rovers don't need to cost billions, they only do so because they are a government shitshow
If the first stages on the falcon heavy are fully reusable from the get go, then launches of them might cost under 20 million dollars for SpaceX

>dragons
this is what abeist like musk beleive in

Why did it took so long for space science to get into the hands of the private sector.

Because it's risky

B-but my invisible h-hand!

I'm confused by this image. Are they going to try sending a person or people to Mars? Or is 'Dragon' another rover?

It too much .I can't wait.

dragon is just a spacecraft
probably will be rovers & some sort of flying drones inside

Or maybe the dragon itself will be the rover, and it'll propulsively hop around

>Why did it took so long for space science to get into the hands of the private sector.

Incentive.

Now that they have a reason to go, they're going. And at a fraction of the cost.

Just land the dragon capsule. There isn't any confirmed cargo.

It's just to test the soft propulsive landing system on Mars.

I don't think there has ever been a soft Mars landing before. They just all kinda crash into Mars with large airbags.

> 2018
my penis is ready

One thing about Mr Musk and billionaires in general, they do what they say they are going to. It doesn't matter if it is manned or not. A dry run? In 2 years time? OUTSTANDING !!

>Red Dragons

Channeling Hannibal?

>yw go to mars in your lifetime

eat shit frogposters

>post yfw they send the empty Dragon capsule to Mars only to reveal it wasn't empty but in fact ELON WAS ONBOARD THE ENTIRE TIME

>Musk first man on Mars

Is SpaceX going to be the IRL version of weyland-yutani?

Didn't curiosity land using a crane system ?

First dead human body on mars you mean.

Still, having a spot on mars being the first human grave would be metal as fuck.

Elon will triumph where Weyland failed

So is everything Elon does around his mars autism?

Electric cars, autodriving, solar panels/batteries, cheap heavy lift?

For a full crew dragon they wouldn't be able to reuse the heavy if they wanted to go to mars.

No airbags on the curiosity lander. The Sky Crane is a work of art.

Wasn't falcon heavy supposed to have its first flight back in 2013?

He does end up doing things that he promised, but it usually takes 2 or 3 times longer than predicted. I won't hold my breath for 2018.