Being a genius, i often am asked "what is it like to be smarter then everyone you know?"

being a genius, i often am asked "what is it like to be smarter then everyone you know?"

well i gave it some thought today and i have come up with this:

i have never found it difficult to conceive and manipulate 4th dimensional euclidean geometries. i can draw and mentally rotate hypercubes and other shapes in my head as easily as i can a cube (even 5th dimensions and beyond)

i have always been surprised at how much difficulty people have with even the idea of a hypercube or anything beyond 3 dimensional geometry.

so what is it like being smarter than everyone?

just pretend everyone else has the same amount of difficulty with picturing and manipulating 3D shapes that you have with 4D ones. imagine their confusion and awe as you draw cubes for them and tell them which face would be pointing up after x manipulation.

congratulations, now you know what it is like to be smarter than everyone you know.

>watched a video on that physics savant
>time to shitpost on Veeky Forums

I don't think you understand the question posed

I find it easy to visualize sorting algorithms. Does this answer the question? No. Then again, I'm slightly above average at best.

What is it like to be smarter than everyone you know in a social context?

You can't manipulate anything in 4D because spacetime doesn't exist in the form of cause and effect because when you expand the dimension of time, you step outside of cause and effect.
No cause and effect? No manipulation.

>what is it like to be smarter then everyone you know
>smarter then

Let's handle this claim scientifically then.
Draw man an animated 4D sphere.
If your predictive model of being hyper intelligent fails, then, according the falsifiability, you're incorrect about being hyper intelligent.

Wow congratulations OP you memorized the gifs on wikipedia articles for hypercubes
Wow good job OP so talented and skilled

Its not that difficult to wrap your head around a hypercube, picturing 4d is obviously gonna be unintuitive you fuck. In the same way a 3d cube is like a 2d cube moving outwards, a 4cube (hypercube) is like a 3d moving out at as well, like youve pictured. Wow so hard.

I regularly deal with nxn matrices, this kind of visualization jacking off is a waste of time pursued only by popsci kids who think that's what advanced math is really about.

>being a genius,
I stopped reading there.

Your picture is a projection of a hypercube into 3D space. You can't imagine its rotation in 4D space.

>being a genius, i often am asked "what is it like to be smarter then everyone you know?"

Stopped reading right there

Isn't it a projection of a projection of a hypercube in 3d space in 2d space?

OP quoted it, not his words

No one can fit humanity's full knowledge in their brain. Good for you and your higher dimensions. Maybe grow a sense of humility. Now make a testable prediction. Here, in front of the world.

Uh, "time" is not the only option for a "fourth dimension".

Mate, you're thinking of 3+1 space. 4D space has 4 spatial dimensions - a signature of (1,1,1,1) rather than (1,-1,-1,-1) for space-time.

Hi user,

I am writing this to inform you that you have just been admitted to the Harvard school for Geniuses with a full scholarship. Please email your credit card number and pin with a picture of you naked to [email protected] to confirm your admission.

Sincerely,
Harvard

Veeky Forums has the best bait

Finally someone who's actually smart.
Can you please explain to me what a pseudoinverse matrix is and how and when to use them? Preferrably give me an example
Thanks

i find it hilarious how nobody in this thread got the joke

>Draw man an animated 4D sphere.
Take the interval (a,b)
Associate to each point the same 3-sphere
Congratulations

>What is it like to be smarter than everyone you know in a social context?
Very miserable (radical introversion keeping me from productive relationships, not narcissism)

Not OP btw but this thread is shit

Holy shit user, I haven't seen a special snowflake like you in a while.
Did you just answer your own question? Such genius.

OP thinks we are cartoons?
I don't get it

> now you know what it is like to be more autistic than everyone you know
fify

Holy shit, another insane person that puts every sentence on its own line and doesn't capitalize. What the fuck. Why do almost all insane posters do this?

You mean it's a different metric space with 1,1,1,1 on the trace

I stopped after ..,I often am asked..

step it up op

Hello?

Op, if shit this basic makes you a genius, than I am too. So is most my math department. You are not special and most everyone I know can do this.

Post back some other time when you aren't referencing freshman linear algebra

Let there exist B, m by n matrix.
B has a pseudo inverse, B+ (an n by m), if
B(B+)B = B
this is to say that multiplying B(B+) gives the identity matrix in Rm. Similarly (B+)B give the identity in Rn.

Too lazy to give an example, haven't had my coffee yet. Also that seems like a pretty trivial question user. Don't think it makes me a genius (math undergrad, second year)

>as easily as i can a cube
Don't you mean 4-face?

No, diagonal signatures of that form are denoted by their eigenvalues. (1, -1, -1, -1). There was no error in my statement :).