1 Chicken, 7 meals

So I sprang for the organic 3 pounder. It's 12 moneys which is more than I spend on a meal, but bear with me.

you would get beat.

GOLDEN BROWN AND DELICIOUS OP!

First it goes in the oven on low for an hour or two with nothing but a little salt and a cup of water.

Then I turn the heat up high and as soon as it starts crisping it gets sprinkled with flour and ladled with its juices.

In the end I have a roast chicken. That's 2 breasts, 2 thighs, a bunch of pieces including wings, and lots of bones and cartilage.

One breast makes a nice dinner with some roasted rice and a sauce made from what souped out in the oven. It's a lot of sauce, a jar full goes in the fridge with the stripped meat.

Thank you!

At what?

The bones and cartilage go in a big pot together with celery, carrot, parsley, leek, laurel leaves, juniper berries, and a cup of white wine. Fill with water and keep on low for hours. Strain an boil out the water. It's almost pure gelatin with a strong chicken stock aroma that fills just one jar. It could make soup, sauce, and a spoon full will flavor any dish.

For lunch the next day I take half the bits and dice them with pickled cucumber, mayonnaise, turmeric, and a bit of sugar. It's great on wheat+rye sourdough.

Next: stir fry!

The second half of the bits go in the pan on low with all the veggies I have diced. After 10 minutes I add the leftover rice, Hoisin sauce, crushed garlic, and a few spoons of the stock one pot over. Divine!

Now I still have 2 thighs and a breast, a jar of sauce, and a jar of stock. I'd say that's at least 4 more meals. The only downside is a week of chicken. But chicken goes with anything. I'm considering making Lebanese wraps tomorrow. Pic from earlier.

you burned it. youd git your teeth kickd in.

Now I'm all out of chicken pics. But that's alright. Tonight I'm having a more rustic dinner.

So is there any meat as versatile or cost effective as poultry? I can get a piece of beef on the bone, but It will only make me 2 meals, reheating beef makes leather. And it will cost about the same.

Are there other animals like this in kitchens around the world?

That's the camera. It isn't charred or bitter at all. It gets so dark because that's a layer of flour after a Maillard reaction.

The camera is shit though.

I dont think so, chicken really is versatile

I always get a hot rotisserie when i go to the grocery store on Friday, pretty much can add it to anything

shut ur mouth bitch.

>layer of flour
>ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.jpeg

Isn't it past your bedtime yet?

I once baked a duck until the skin was crispy and brown. It was the mallard reaction.

no. but i think you cooked that a little past time to take it out.

ooooooh you got burned! and so did the chicken!

Duck is tricky. You really have to take it slow. 4 hours on low won't hurt it, and the grease that drops out is a revelation in any sauce, even on bread.

I don't get to make duck very often. It's expensive. But when I do it's usually with an orange twist.

heh

You can do this with any animal, from bear to zebra.

Aardvarks don't work?

Wth is roasted rice?

Never tried aardvarks, but I'm sure you could use them.

Fry/broil the meat, use the bones for stock, etc etc.

Even raising chickens is easy. They find their own dietary supplements and deliver eggs while they fatten. As long as you don't have a cock they even let you sleep. Make of that what you want, Veeky Forums.

You heat oil or butter in a pot, then put in the uncooked rice. Keep shifting it until it starts browning, then turn down the heat, add water, cover and go watch TV.

It's red meat. It's bad for you.

>Not spatchcocking the chicken

wow you really are a massive faggot.

Whats yer point

that chicken is burned.

>color on chicken is burnt

black is not "color"

No it isnt

yes it is.

Are we looking at the same picture? Looks perfect to me

that picture at the top of the page where the skin is black. that is burned chicken.

That chicken is burnt, OP. Sorry. w
Pic related is roasted. You burnt your skin to hell.

But thanks for reminding me to roast more chickens once summer ends.

What do you meant burned? Its fucking perfect, millennials i swear

thisis what not burned chicken skin looks like.

black skin = burned skin. you fucked it up, faggot. at least the meat underneath was probably fine.

>you

Im not OP you sperg

No it's burnt. The user in the second post was making fun of you.

Thats just color tbqh

I can assure you, the user in the first post was too.

Looks good OP, on the real i could eat chicken and potatoes every day until i die, love them that much

yes you are you humongous faggot. you just don't want someone to kick ur teeth in on the internet.

keep repeating it, but you wont unburn the chicken skin.

Nothing more comfy that a chicken on Saturday night lad

yes there is. ever try heroin?

This its not burnt, at least by my standards

you have low standards.

Looks edible to me

>no crust
pleb tier

really? i wonder why these posts saying op's chicken are so great keep getting posted almost exactly 60 seconds apart. probably because you are a maximum faggot.

Does organic make a difference op? Looks tasty

this, its just color on the top inside is probably perfect, color is essential to any good dish

keep saying it. doesn't make it true.

black skin = burnt skin.

I agree... Burnt? Maybe but the inside is probably glorious

Cant stand beef tbqh, chicken looks good though

OMG pls stop!

Here, a close up.

And let me just say: It's a blue/black dress!

There you go. #notburnt

Hey op I don't know if you know,but that chicken is burnt. Widdleyskuds

wow you are a humongous faggot. you burned the fucking chicken skin, get over it. we've all fucked up before.

Clearly not burnt

Not burnt

wow you burned the shit out of that skin.

the fuck didn't you add seasonings? herbs, garlic, mustard, roasted veggies, what the hell?

do you grow your own tomatoes?

Looks fine to me

jesus crust, who burnt you this chicken, OP

Looks good

Looks mighty fine

Looks good

op did you not get giblets with the chicken?

Looks mighty fine