Why do gringos and fat chicanos think they know what Mexican food is...

Why do gringos and fat chicanos think they know what Mexican food is?90% of the mexican food in the states is mexican american and the other 10% is only 1/4th of what you can get in Mexico

Other urls found in this thread:

theworlds50best.com/list/1-50-winners/Pujol
phaidon.com/agenda/food/articles/2015/september/02/how-rene-redzepi-fell-in-love-with-tacos/
youtube.com/watch?v=k-iBhNfuZSU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You sure are going to reach the American populace at 2 AM on one of the slowest boards on a website that nobody takes seriously.

Are you telling me Taco Bell isn't authentic Mexican cuisine?

Why are Mexicans so hung up on birthplace?

>Oh, you're not a real mexican, you can't possibly make REAL mexican food
>you're a CHICANO

I use pic related to cook all my Mexican food and I guarantee 100%, that it tastes better than """""""""""authentic""""""""""" Mexican food.

They feel proud in being the "real" thing even though they live in absolute shitholes.

real Mexican food makes you shit fire and blood

if it doesn't then it's not authentic

Why do spics and fat wetbacks think they know what American fast food is? 90% of fast food in mexico is american mexican and the other 10% is only 1/4 of what you get in America.

Mexican "cuisine" is whatever you can find on a tortilla fried in lard.

Plus 3 2-liter bottles of coke you fat fucks

amerilard with no mexican cuisine knowledge

Dorilocos addict detected

I make my own tortilla's from masa, grow and dry my own ancho's, smoke my chipotle, make multiple regional varieties of mole, make tomatillo salsa from home grown tomatillos and make my own adobo.
Sure I'm not mexican nor have I ever been to mexico but the food I make is more authentically mexican than what the lazy housewives in mexico make.
Why do lazy and fat mexicans think that what they make is mexican merely because they live in mexico?

it's almost like national borders and familiar foods are not sacred

fried twinkie amerilard confirmed

because many ingredients are in mexico.and only mexico unless youre rick. you only know 30% of Mexican cuisine at best

>amerilard
>Mexico's actually fatter
You would think about lard wouldn't you fatty dingdongs

Mexican American uses more lard in their dishes than mexican. sht cuisine just like their other versions of other cuisines (chinese italian)

Hahahaha. For a "Mexican", you sure don't know much about Mexican cuisine or history. The Spanish forbade the natives of Mexico from having their own oil production, so the Mexicans used and still use lard.

Guess all that lard is blocking brain functions

""Real"" mexican looks tryhard as fuck.

It's as if someone learned that Chinese food in the US was Americanized so they started making dishes that look like authentic Chinese food to prove that they have a culture.

What does that have to do with anythng? Mexican american is still one dimensional and has a more overall fat/lard ratio in their dishes than the entirety of Mexican food from Mexico.

Nice try

I believe you. but just because it's not traditional doesn't mean it isn't good. Most mexican food is bastardized simply to conform the american palate.

nice shirt

>tamales
>refried beans
>carnitas

>because many ingredients are in mexico.and only mexico unless youre rick
So you're a mexican? Could you list some mexico only ingredients which are a part of the national cuisine and not just some obscure meme dish eaten in isolated parts like casu marzu is to italian cuisine?

>aguachile
>almejas preparadas
>chiles en nogada
>ensalada de noche buena

While Mexican American is 99.9% is made in fat or lard

Just go to Oaxaca and you can find chiles and herbs only native in the state.

Name some dishes fat fuck

carne asada fries
puffy taco
cheese enchiladas
mission burritos

Hahaha. Lard isn't even a necessity in any of those dishes. Unlike tamales, refried beans, carnitas and basically anything else that crawls onto the tortillas of Mexicans.

how is this called thats grilling on the picture??

>made in fat or lard
keep trying

That doesn't even make sense. What are you trying to say?

Jesus put the coke down and try to form coherent thoughts.

>While Mexican American is 99.9% is made in fat or lard

mexican american dishes are either made in trans fat or lard

Lard isn't even a necessity in any "Mexican american" dish. Unlike tamales, refried beans, carnitas and basically anything else that crawls onto the tortillas of Mexicans.

You're not even trying to refute. Then again, with the type of nutrition your people get, I'm not surprised you can't think.

Once again you do not understand. It isn't just about lard , its about transfat. Mexican american cuisine is either in trans fat or lard. Do you not understand/

You never brought up trans fats until a post ago. Entire time we were talking about lard and how it's more prevalent in "authentic" cuisine. Then again, I'm not surprised you have shit memory. Sugar destroys your brain ya know. Put down the coke.

>What does that have to do with anythng? Mexican american is still one dimensional and has a more overall fat/lard ratio in their dishes than the entirety of Mexican food from Mexico

Nope.

> it's about transfat

> post doesn't mention transfat

I'm done. You're just gonna keep changing what you say.

Because this is what mexicans cook in America and then say its mexican food also people that know what food is know the difference you fat mexican

Is this haute prison cuisine?

Does anyone else think it's funny that #BLM is a thing with legitimate people on both sides of the issue, but we can all agree that literally nobody gives a fuck about mexicans?

The U.S. has a presidential nominee with a major part of his campaign being to deport mexicans, yet nobody in their right mind would have a multi-million dollar campaign based on sending niggers back to Africa.

I think i speak for everyone when I say "fuck you and your food, Mexico. We don't care."

I had shrimp el diablo in Matzalan

There's not millions of illegal Africa immigrants in and coming to America.
There's only hundreds of thousands. No candidate is talking about a Mexican American purge. Just the none citzens.

Are you drunk or just illiterate?

No, I get it, but fuck them, right? Like, I'll eat food inspired by them, but I'm not going to pretend to care about their culture. I've been to Mexico and walked their unpaved streets. This false bravado they're trying to cultivate is reminiscent of an abused woman finding solace in other abused women, and then screaming on the internet about how empowered they are.

You don't speak for everybody.

The Mexican food I've had is fucking dope. Idk what you've had that makes you hate Mexican food, but most - if not all - Mexican food I've had is good as fuck.

And as I understand it, Trump wants legal immigration, not mass deportation of all Mexican Americans in the US.

I live close to the border and have eaten a lot of all kinds of mexican food made by people who can barely speak english. Honestly it's nice and cheap when I don't feel like cooking, definitely better than fast food, but nothing special.

Why do you feel you have to care about their culture? Seriously dude, what the fuck are you going on about?

You've got me all wrong. I like their food. I will eat it. But a thread like this cannot be taken seriously. You see, Americans didn't make Mexican food. Mexicans did. They brought it over here and franchised that shit. It is, in all respects, Mexican food. I don't go to Dennys and say "hey, this breakfast skillet isnt made the same way my grandma made it. This isn't real white trash food."

We get it Mexico. There are some people in your family who make good homecooked meals. But don't get mad at us for eating the shit your people brought here. If the lazy brown fucks would cook it the right way, I'd eat that too.

Also, Mexican restaurants only sell the mainstream items because half the shit they REALLY cook in Mexico isn't made because it's delicous, its made because you guys are the definition of poverty. There's only so many food items you can stuff into a hollowed out chile pepper before it gets redundant.

I like this post. Pretty good stuff.

Still drunk from a wedding last night.

Authenticity is the least important aspect of food. I'm not sure why anyone would care if it's not done the same way as it is in some Mexican peasants house when it tastes good anyhow.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Mexico has one of the most diverse cuisines in the world

>Why do gringos and fat chicanos think they know what Mexican food is?90% of the mexican food in the states is mexican american and the other 10% is only 1/4th of what you can get in Mexico
Well, did you know that 90% of the statistics, that 100% of people quote are 90% made up on the spot and the other 10% is untrue?
Give it a rest. It's not even probable that first generation food workers forgot their native recipes that fast.

I'm white. I'm anglo. I have an apartment in the DF for 30 years. And several homes in the US. I don't have statistics, but I do know what you say is untrue, and that you haven't traveled around the US in your shitty little life so far.

>I have an apartment in the DF for 30 years
Name 15 dishes from DF

If your food is so much better, then maybe you should stay on your side of the wall.

>gringos

Mostly know what they've learned from fast food. They make a lot of money so it must be right, right?

There's also the occasional mexican culture enthusiast who gets more autistic about the food than actual mexicans do.

>fat chicanos

Their immigrant parents or grandparents taught them. What do they know?

I mean, some wrap their tamales real shitty (letting the moisture escape) and they come out dry. "My grandma used to make them that way" is the usual excuse.

>Name 15 dishes from DF
I am guessing you have never been. If you had, you would know food in the DF is international (from french bread to pastries) and borrowed from other regions (all of the other regions), both, and has more than its share of haute cuisine/continental food such as San Angel Inn as well as pre-hispanic things such as Fonda del refugio. There are foods thought to be originating from the city, such as al pastor or birria from the lebanese immigrant, caldo Tlalpeño, or a dunked soggy torta sandwich. Everything is from somewhere else. It might even be that VIPS made some of the national dishes, such as the sopa de tortilla azteca or the mexicanized club sandwich.

The DF is mostly a melting pot.

while I'm sure trad mexican food has its bright spots I won't be trying any in the near future as I don't want zika or to get stuck on the other side of Trump's new wall

>FPBP

It always pisses me off how she handles the doritos as if she were handling some super expensive ingredient. You can tell that she feels like she's cooking some high class shit.

>I can tell how someone feels based on a grainy webm
Which is more likely: that a cook at a midnight novelty street slop stall thinks doritos are high class, or that she's hamming it up for the camera?

>Sugar destroys your brain ya know.

>doesn't brain's food source is glucose
>monosaccharide carbohydrate (simple sugar)
>your body even converts protein into glucose for your brain via a process in your liver called gluconeogenesis
>if you don't get enough SUGAR in a day your body will convert protein into SUGAR for you
>you think sugar is bad for your brain when it literally needs it to function
>you're projecting the dangers of fructose / HFCS onto a completely unrelated essential nutrient.
>you don't realize "sugar" is sucrose, a polysaccharide made of 50% glucose and 50% fructose, the glucose allows some of the fructose to get used by the brain safely. without it, the fructose floods your liver and gets stored as bodyfat.
>HFCS is on average 65%-75% fructose, in its free form, causing all the negative effects associated with sugar
>don't drink high fructose corn syrup but do eat sugar you moron they are not the same

Once again, aside from it having every regional mexican cuisine, name 15 dishes from DF

For the record

One of the main reasons I browse ck is to see how butthurt Mexicans get when people talk about their diarrhea and vomit inducing "cuisine."

News flash for the ass blasted mexican nationals that waste their time trying to convince ck that you guys have good food.

The rest of the world has already appropriated the best parts of your food culture - and adapted them to make them 409% better.

There are no Michelin started restaurants in the entire country of Mexico.

Several hemispheres of the planet haven't even bothered with your "cuisine."

The best parts of your cuisine were brought by Spain people that straight up CONQUERED your native peoples. The other parts of your cuisine were simultaneously discovered by black people in Africa, and the rest of the world, generally, ignores those cuisines almost as much.

No one gives a shit about your food, unless they eat it and literally give A shit by getting diarrhea.

this'ing this so hard

mexicans are neither humans nor can make cuisine

only garbage

>Once again,
Do you understand English or not? Stop posting, troll. Go google some menus on your own.

No one wants to eat your abuelita's super special goat rectum cooked with flies and prepared with piss hands, José

>There are no Michelin started restaurants in the entire country of Mexico.
Or in the continent of Africa or in all of Central or S. America outside of one city, Sao Paolo. Or in Australia, or in Russia, or in the Middle East or in Canada. And that they've been starring restaurants in the US for what, less than 10 years?

What do you think that means? It's only bad restaurants? It means you are stupid. They are a business, and Zagat and its competitors beat them to the game decades ago elsewhere.
#25Pujol is listed in the 50Best (in the world). I guess it means Michelin is too broke to travel and actually rate the world, or they're not invited to do so.
theworlds50best.com/list/1-50-winners/Pujol

OH SNAP!!!!!

>Mexicans

>And that they've been starring restaurants in the US for what, less than 10 years?

And yet they have several dozen stars?

Where is mexico's stars? Could it be that Michelin doesn't even bother because they know the cuisine is diarrhea inducing shit?

Zagat makes money by selling travel guides. The more places they can get people to travel the more money they make. Michelin doesn't have the same conflict of interest.

And its not just Michelin, many other world respected food reviewing publications dont even bother with Mexico. The reason is simple. There is no reason to bother with Mexico.

>"ey ese you're not a real Mexican holmes you just a chicano"
thank you lmao
who the fuck wants to be a real mexican

>i'll just ignore every counter-point made and dig my heels into this ridiculous idea that Veeky Forums tells me is true

>10% is only 1/4th

Math checks out

So the general consensus so far is "fuck Mexico, we do what we want", right?

>>i'll just ignore every counter-point made
>implying there were counterpoints made at any point in time

"I found one article where the entire country broke into the top 25 with a single restaurant"

From article:

>Using everything from chicatana flying ants to octopus, he brings out the flavours of Mexico

I bet he does...

>How it works: Diners at Pujol are given a daily menu that includes snacks for all, then a choice between items for the next six courses. Highlights include the barbacoa lamb taco, which oozes juicy barbecued flavour, and the egg ‘infladita’ with grasshopper sauce.

So barbecue... Real original Chicano flavor man.. No one else in the world EVER slow roasted meat.

>grasshopper sauce

Yeah. Keep your shit cuisine Mexico. We aren't interested

-the rest of the world

Even if Mexicans were responsible for the best food in human history with everyone agreeing that is was objectively the height of the human culinary experience, Mexicans would still be subhumans. Nothing they do will change that.

Looks like we have a lying cuck on /ck. the fact that you think that DF has no cuisine because it has a variety of other regional cuisines doesnt disregard the fact that it has no cuisine

It's been that way since the dawn of time

>the rest of the world

You don't speak for every one
phaidon.com/agenda/food/articles/2015/september/02/how-rene-redzepi-fell-in-love-with-tacos/

Funny how the best chef in the world called mexican american a shit and mexican food one of the best in the world. kek basement dweller cant even get out of his house yet outside another country

>The best chef in the world
Kek. If someone other than him had said it, he'd be the best chef in the world, right?

>the fact that you think the DF has no cuisine......doesn't disregard the fact that the DF has no cuisine

Christ you're trying way too hard to prove a point that means nothing to nobody, and you're fucking it up all the same. I'm not even the user you're arguing with.

>best chef in the world
>best food in the world
>best source website in the world
>best argument in the world

Nope. Mexican food is at best, economical.

>here is more anecdotal evidence of a one off article that praises tacos

>best chef in the world

Highly questionable

>spanish chef says Mexican food is good.

That's because his ancestors raped yours and made them eat Spanish food.

Keep going. You aren't helping your case.

You got any of those Michelin stars yet brah?

Sure, Cheddar cheese is not Mexican, but it's still delicious. a lot of countries enjoy foreign ingredients. Who draws the line that says what year the nationalists need to live behind to consider themselves pure?

>rene
>spanish chef

This is thepeople who I argue with on a daily basis.

He isn;t the only one but nearly every one whogoes to Mexico says the Mexican food in US is shit compared to it

>youtube.com/watch?v=k-iBhNfuZSU

>what would you recommend to eat in san diego
>I would drive to tijuana and eat there instead

kek

Nobody is arguing that food in Mexico tastes better than its San Diego counterpart. It's the "best in the world" we are chuckling at.

By driving south you can catch the "seniorita fucks el borro" show and get a plate ok peurco pibli in tiakuana.

By driving north you could pick from 3 separate three Michelin started restaurants in California, united states.

Some people have different tastes. Mexicans just like what they like and "think" its world class because they like it.

No one here is going to convince anyone to change their minds. But objectively, Michelin stars are better than restaurants where u can also watch a woman pleasure a donkey.

This. This guy gets it.

Dude, I'm not naming 15 dishes from the DF for you. I discussed what I discussed instead. It's bait for you to go "ohhh! But that's from Puebla!" or whatever your intention is. Give it a rest. The DF is the largest city in the western hemisphere, and something like 3x the landmass size of New York City. Until the 'quake in the '85 and subsequent safety/economic decline, it was internationally visited more than most European cities, and you'd hear every language in the world in the Zona Rosa and other areas. If you think someone needs to list dishes for you, think again. It is international. It has Spanish roots. It has Hapsburg roots. It contains dishes from the entirety of the country and the world, both. Go there yourself, so you can understand what a big city dining scene is like, from chinese to lebanese to to russian to japanese to continental food. *shrug*

>I have never been to Mexico : The post

This is why threads like these are made. The rest of the world, who have been to Mexico will ALWAYS the food is superior compared the Mexican-American counter parts. And every time shit posts like yours are posted , Every chef every one with an authority in the gastronomic world will say that. And their opinion matters much more than someone who has never left their city or outside their moms home

>No one gives a shit about your food

Said no one relevant ever

Why would anyone travel to a third world country, a city in economic decline, a place with problems with crime and sanitation, just to try "a big city dining scene" with international flavors????

Why would someone go to a truly world class city with truly international cuisine... Like any large city in an actual first world country.

Mexico is the "sleeper cuisine" of the world because its so bottom tier everyone else tries everything else first. Only in a world where hipster millenials and contrarian bullshit is ruining everything, would this argument even be entertained for more than the 5 seconds it takes to realize, objectively, how stupid it is .

For the food you dumb fuck. Same reason why people go to thailand peru and thesuch

>Funny how the best chef in the world called mexican american a shit and mexican food one of the best in the world. kek basement dweller cant even get out of his house yet outside another country
If that's your takeaway, you have reading comprehension. You might as well watch Ramsey be an ass all over India in his quest for Butter Chicken's origin episode. Just because someone's had very limited exposure to fine food growing up, doesn't mean they have instantly found the mecca of good food, after what, a 20hr flight on the way home from the airport? He was hungry. That does things to you.

And, I'd like to mention that asking for pizza in Merida isn't a bad move. Some of the best pizza I've ever had in the world has been in Mexico. This guy acts like he's found the lost grail. Acts like they're fucking savages who haven't traveled either, completely ignorant of your world outside their own. They're not. They even have the internet. It makes for great writing to discuss gastronomy, but in a way it's insulting. They were dining well in colonial mexico long before his native brethren back in norway or wherever were still eating lactic acid preserved fish and barley gruel all winter.

There is nothing special about authentic Mexican food.

Is English not your primary language?

In the US? True

>implying the opinions you agree with are more important than the objective truth

I like how the Mexican apologists are now shifting their argument from "Mexican cuisine is workd class" to "Mexican food in Mexico is better than Mexican food in the united states."

Hahahah. Your best chefs all fled from your third world country and are now making delicious carnitas for their white American overlords.

Keep trying.

Too bad for Mexican cuisine globalization happened, I guess. I can walk down the street and get all those fucking peppers from my local south american market just the same as I can walk up the street and get authentic oriental ingredients from my oriental market.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you're only fooling yourself that your food is special to a specific location. Fuck, Texas and California each probably have more/better/equally authentic Mexican cuisine as the whole fucking country that created it.

People move, and take their traditions and cooking with them. Get over it.