xD so RANDUMB!!!!111222

ikr XD

Not your grandpa's literature

Oh god, those were the days.
>warosu is down

IS WAROSU COMING BACK UP?

>Read Gravity's Rainbow
>Tell plebs about it
>Oh wow, user. I think I might have heard about it (they mispronounce Pynchon as Pinch-in, the rabble). It's supposed to be real complex, right?
>Smile to myself as visions of bananas and turd-eating and cross-dressing krauts fill my mind

You wanna know whats in this book? Haha.... You reallyyy wanna know? Heh. Oh dear...

Book is fricked up,

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

lol none of the plebs you're talking about have even heard of this book

tbqh I don't know how to pronounce Pynchon

Pynchon must feel like such an alpha. All he did was put a hodgepodge of some of his most primitive, idiotic fantasies into a book and it propelled him into being known as one of the greatest modern authors.

one day when i went to my friend jackson's house for his birthday i strapped a bottlerocket to the area where my penis is (but outside of my clothes). we were outside and all my friends were like baha dude that's funny and i just said "i dare you guys to jerk me off. I double dog DARE you. just see what will happen." they were all like aha dude no you're crazy. scaredy cats wouldn't do it. so i went back inside and asked jackson's mom where the lighter was, telling her it was for the birthday cake. what can i say? sometimes i'll tell a little white lie when it's for one of my nutso pranks. anyway, when i came back out with a lit V2 on my groin, a screaming came across jackson's driveway. you shoulda saw their faces. i'd have to say that i've always done off-the-wall things like that, but ever since i got the book i've been just a little bit more... shall we say... bananas. ;)

>last hundred pages
>whoops, all these characters and themes are hard! If I try to write a real ending people will realize I'm a hack!
>40 pages of page long unrelated jokes and 58 pages of tarot card shit later
>ends book with a plagiarized German firing sequence

Bbuuuttss xxdddd iitssstsss gaat byyron da bulbbb xdxdxd

Lmfao

>tfw bought the penguin deluxe version out of ignorance

Don't be dismayed because of Veeky Forums memes buddy. That one looks really good and the paper quality is top tier.

You can find that edition with the missing line restored. Is your copy missing the line?

Which line is it again?

It's only one error in the book senpai lit just blows shit out off proportion

Your task in these dreams is to something cross under the whatever etc. before something happens. It's at the bottom of a right-side page in the first half, maybe page one hundred something, just flip through it and you'll find it.

Pine + cone

This isn't rocket science senpaitachi.

"Penz" said Slothrop, who was dressed as a women fucking herself with a neon Statue of Liberty.

BANE?

I never knew how hard my cock could get, before now.

If the word Bane wasn't there would you be less hard?

Made me laugh audibly

BANABA XD

Considerably.
Anyone want to see my cock?

That's a big ass...

sure they have, it's been mentioned in the sampsims

4u

If you don't like the Korn or the Insane Clown Posse, don't listen to these morons.

Gravity's Rainbow is awful. It's worse than reddit. It's funnyjunk.

I read V. and enjoyed it, so i picked up Gravity's Rainbow because morons like these recommended it. It's the worst book I've read in my adult life.

It was so bad that I lost all interest in satire as a genre.

If you've ever read a good book in your life, you'll hate Gravity's Rainbow. If you're not the embodiment of a jean-shorts-wearing-juggalo who believes himself to have a "totally sarcastic" sense of humor, you'll hate it.

If you like it, you probably thought people in highschool didn't like you because they didn't "get" you. The reality is you fucking stink because you don't shower, you fucking morons.

should I read some of his other novels first or could I just jump right in?

Reminder that anyone who mentions bananas has only read two chapters of Gravity's Rainbow and their opinions should be disregarded.

The book "ends" somewhere in I think part 1 when the rocket hits the theater and kills the guy who was at the center of the narration at that moment

might want to ease in with V or Lot 49

they fixed it

Read V (his most accessible work), then Against the Day. If you can handle Against the Day then you can handle Gravity's Rainbow.

how come we never have AtD threads? its even bigger than GR

>Stirner
>all those spooks

The person who made this didn't read Stirner, unless they mean to imply that the person they are describing didn't; that seems like a bit of a stretch though.

>he hasn't read Mason and Dixon

You know, I do have my issues with the book. Sometimes his prose, at least as far as I can tell is completely devoid of any intent you could reasonably expect the reader to discern, which is ok because the aesthetics themselves have merit. But to have so much of that seems a little self indulgent and unnecessary/ineffective for communicating ideas an emotions, which imo is what successful art does. That being said, I think you're being unfair. The ending isn't exactly satisfying, no, but at least it's interesting to think about what he meant by it.

What was the error?

This:

Honestly that was the same reaction I had.

This book is difficult but it is honestly the least boring book I have ever read in history, I was blazed as balls and I was in absolute agony I was laughing so hard. I couldn't breathe.

No discernible intent

I wish this much content came in my starter pack
All I got was Machamp

read Lot 49, then decide if you want more 750 pages

That's funny, 'cause a certain place filled with pynchon scholars has been going bananas overanalysing bananas lately

Is V a better book than Lot 49?

I read Lot 49 and I'd day it was like a B+ for me. I know Pynchon himself isn't happy with it. I just picked up a copy of V today and want to start it soon

Yeah V. is better imofam. It's basically alternating between this group of bohemian artist degenerates and stylized renditions of older eras. TCoL49 was even called shit by Pynchon himself in the introduction to Slow Learner in not so many words.

>TCoL49 was even called shit by Pynchon himself

Care to paraphrase what he said about it? I'm curious.

>The next story I wrote was "The Crying of Lot 49", which was marketed as a "novel", and in which I seem to have forgotten most of what I thought I had learned up till then.

Did the young girl on the orgy boat actually die? I searched the text and didnt find it stated, although it was taken as fact by a bunch of the secondary sources I read. Was it actually stated or is it open to interpretation as Slothrops disintegration?

So you haven't read GR have you?
It's neither overtly satirical nor sarcastic

It's mostly just witty puns and surrealistic humor where you laugh at the ridiculous situations characters are in

Most accessible???
That is Lot 49.