Is there a correlation between homosexuality and creativity/intelligence?

Is there a correlation between homosexuality and creativity/intelligence?

I don't know, but they seem to be a lot more creative than straight people such as myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/39373-left-brain-right-brain-myth.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>calling the Greek's gay

As a gay guy im not really creative in an artsy way, although I read a lot and love philosophy. Most gay men grow up more attached to women than men, and it's possible they pick up women's more creative instincts

>Being this new
Science has already proven that creativity and IQ are both elements of the male sperm: it's a well known fact that the number of dicks sucked has a direct linear relationship with the quality of your work and the success of your life.

It's a correlation between suffering and intelligence. It's more a result of social antipathy than fucking butts.

Because they are used to being 'different', gay people have a higher perceptive sense than the majority and find it easier to let go and forget about social rules.

And while this allows them to create works that speak to fundamental truths about humanity, it also leads to neurosis as the world is not a pretty place.

I think maybe because artistic communities historically would have been more accepting of homos then other industries and so they would flock to it so they could meet each other and not get killed.
Or maybe you could make a chart like that about any demographic since there has been great art/media made by people of pretty much every age, colour, sexuality and nationality, so it means nothing.

>tfw I will never be free from the female curse

Not really, gay is a mental illness. But there is a very real and proven correlation between White European genetics, Christian Faith and creativity/intelligence.

why is THAT the one bacon picture people always pick?

Achilles x Patrocles otp

i don't think you're allowed adopt a cynical expression until you've busted up a wine party, mr frog, and then you would know they are gay

is this a troll chart?
90% of these people were not gay

>But there is a very real and proven correlation between White European genetics, Christian Faith and creativity/intelligence.
hehe

This assumes that homosexuality has some social or manifest cause. Which it doesn't.

Homosexuality is a disease of both mind and brain, and has nothing to do with your perception of reality. If you have a certain imbalance in your brain, this will CAUSE a specific perception of reality, i.e homosexuality.

Just because some of your favorite writers are gay doesn't mean they are more creative or anything like that. Them being gay is completely irrelevant, and is a brilliant example of correlation not equaling causation.

having sex with men =/= gay

>they pick up women's more creative instincts
Women are usually not as creative as men in the sense of originality and unique ideas, even though they tend more to creative disciplines

Probably because gay man are more close to women, that makes they more sensitive and, who knows, maybe more attracted to little details.

Things relationed to feelings, like art, are a media to express themselves.

I fucking hate how stupid gays will claim every great person in the existence was one of them (gay), despite countless of proofs that none of them were gay.

The other day this one idiot at uni argued with a professor and in front of the entire class how Aeschylus was gay and how there is so much disguised gay shit in his works.

People like this is why I hate faggots.

silly anonkun, irish aren't White
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XnRF5zyIKE

it is if you're too good at kottabos or decorate your house like a persian.

>mind and brain
K

As a man, i think women are more creative than men, in a lot of ways. There's an Agatha Christie for every Arthur Conan Doyle

What kind of man would write about gay people and in great detail too?

A gay one.

They are more left brained (like women are) whilst still retaining the superior male sensibility. They are the master race

Is there an Agatha Christie for every Socrates, Mozart and Shakespeare?

+1

90% of these guys are not even a little bit poofy.

How so?

Absolutely.
But in those times, i find very difficult they could write a book, nobody would read something made by a woman. Things like philosophy were exclusively for men in those days.

Btw did u heard about Mozart's sister? She composed lot of "his" pieces.

>Mozart's sister? She composed lot of "his" pieces
*tips tinfoil hat*

redpill me on literature /pol/

Excelent argument user

Is there a correlation between homosexuality and a deliberate jewish plot to feminize white men through cultural marxism?

I don't think intelligence on its own means shit and it's a pretty overrated attribute.

The smartest demographic on average are male-to-female trannies with 121.7 IQ, even higher than Ashkenazi Jews (115 on average). And they're still suicidal, mentally ill useless people.

/pol/ is wrong. Jews and trannies are the master race.

it wouldn't surprise me if there was a slight correlation.

the whole "left-brain, right brain" thing is baloney famalam
livescience.com/39373-left-brain-right-brain-myth.html

>Gogol
>gay
Come on, in the history of all art surely there are enough homosexuals that you don't have to resort to ones for whom the only evidence is grasping reconstructions

Wittgenstein was bi, not gay. He also used to beat children.

>Btw did u heard about Mozart's sister? She composed lot of "his" pieces.
Yeah, she was also black.

did you seriously just post an image which lists gogol as homosexual? schubert? xiu xiu? where is the evidence of sufjan being gay?

>Stewart's sexuality has rarely been easy. He finally realized he was gay when a kid at his high school whom he calls "a crazy queen" simply proclaimed, "You're a fag." A few years later, he finally came out to his parents, who, as best as he can remember, always had a lot of queer friends. They didn't approve: "My mom lost her fucking mind about it for a couple of years. I was pissed at my parents for being assholes."

We wuz poets n sheit

"Homosexual" wasn't really an identity until relatively recently, maybe around the start of the 20th century. Homosexual was just an adjective, not an identifier. One would do homosexual acts but nobody was A HOMOSEXUAL. People like Rousseau were fucking dudes. They were fucking chicks. They weren't "gay". They weren't 'bi'. They were just normal fucking dudes.

>he missed all the Caesar is gay banter
m8 de bello gallico is basic latin.

again, learn to differentiate the adjective "homosexual" with the noun

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

>suck my fucking dick you fucking retard
what would you gain from having an obese 34 year old with bad hygiene suck on your penis? Strange request, m9

I must ask for sources on Virgil's, Gogol's, Händel's and Schubert's homosexuality.

>le thing I'm not is responsible for others successes.

Even if we pretend all these are gay it still would not matter. The straight chart doesn't exist because it would be too large.

Why is it so hard for people to judge someone as an individual? Someone's success is not a result of their sexuality, race, height or whatever. It is a result all all those things coming together to create a unique individual.

Of course this makes me the racist and homophobic bigot. Fucking ridiculous.

One guy that gets it

Holy shit, Proust too?

Fag here. Pretty much agree with . I think the correlation between being gay and being creative is pretty fucking hazy. We have to remember just how many incredibly creative people were straight. You can be perfectly straight and still have many of the qualities that are often applied to gay people (effeminate, recluse, creative). We're all human beans here & we all have different features that may or may not be related to eachother in any way.

someone should have told that to the senator who called Caesar Queen and Pompey King. he also gets called ganymede. both nouns. when he's joking with his men that he could be wife to any of them, I doubt they took it as "i'm a grill when i'm wearing a tunic", tbhw/ufam. you just learnt some junk history and none of the ways to access primary sources.

I think Gay people tend to need to sublimate their frustrations and desires into creative outlets

Holy fuck, did you not know? Albertine is Albert.

Now In Search of Lost Time is ruined for me.

>he thinks feminine and gay are the same thing

>Greatest Artistic Achievements by Straight People
>Everything else

wew

also

>schubert
>gay

???

What's next, Shakespeare was gay too?

Well he definitely wasn't the man from Stratford.

Maybe the oppressive environment gives them more reason to express their feelings in artistic form? Someone who has everything handed to him with golden spoon doesn't need to shake the status quo.

This. Greek Pederasty was a noble and healthy custom far removed from today's degenerate homosexual lifestyle.

matt berninger isn't gay man

He's a numale which is probably worse

>Someone who has everything handed to him with golden spoon doesn't need to shake the status quo

This is some bullshit right here. I understand the sentiment and where you are coming from, but really think about it.

Who's life was harder Dostoyevsky's or Gogol's (was he even gay?)? That oppressive environment is not and have never been exclusive to gays or minorities or any other group.

While I agree that an oppressive environment might give someone more reason to express their feelings in artistic form, you forget that the largest group of people who are oppressed, which still true to this day, are those who think in a way that is different to the majority or those in power.

This is a great picture.

People don't realize that the only point the picture has is to make people consciously consider for a moment that some highly acclaimed works of art were made by gay people. It is showing that gay people have been around for a while and that they have contributed to culture. It's shaking up heteronormativity.

No, two of the greatest blockheads there is, Milo Malapolio of Breitfart and Dick Erixon of Erixon com are fagays.

>It's a correlation between suffering and intelligence.
Are fags thinking with their butts?

Yeah, is no one noticing this? Or are we all just playing along with the bait?

Where is he in that picture?

Wait- Douglas Pierce is gay?

Douglas P. is openly gay,[3] and says that 'being gay is fundamental to Death in June', and expresses discontent with this side of Death in June not being explored in interviews. He describes the lack of coverage of this as 'incredulous' [sic]. His literary influences include Yukio Mishima and Jean Genet, whom he admires 'not only because their work was brilliant but that they were also gay. It adds so much.'[4]

Also, gonna need a source on Mishima being gay.

The man was a fucking samurai and a nationalist who fought for the traditional Confucian values, no way he was gay.

>The man was a fucking samurai and a nationalist who fought for the traditional Confucian values, no way he was gay
His relations with men are common knowledge. They were even the inspiration for some of his work.

Mishima wasn't gay, if he was then it was in a super Greek way, which doesn't count as being gay.

Turns out folks have found ways to reconcile being gay with pretty much every value system, since gay people are basically normal except in their sexual attraction.

He had a wife and carried on quite decently with her, doesn't mean he's gay m80s.

Which would you prefer: for people to be aware of famous gays and to continue to promote the idea of gays being a separate group or to promote great works and be open about the fact that they are gay?

These works are only grouped by their sexuality. It is trying to show gay art rather than art made by gays. The distinction is important: In the first way, the emphasis is put on the fact that they are and in the other way, the emphasis is put on their art; the fact that they are gay is not hidden or looked down upon, but instead is seen as just one part of the person.

It does a great disservice to the artist to try and make them a gay mascot rather that an individual. These people don't represent gays, they represent themselves. It is way better to see a jazz musician in a chart for jazz because that is his art. He wants to be known for his music and not for something he had no control over.

Wouldn't it be insulting if you made some great work, only to have people which the same hair color be grouped with you rather than the artists you admired and took influence from? Your hair color does not define you or your work. The same thing can be said about your sexuality. You only have to see the massive variety all works ever made by straight people.

This is rambling on; I hope you understand a bit of where I'm coming from.

Think people are discussing it as if it were true. It's not "playing along with the bait" but using it to discuss the issues.

dude was the biggest fag on the planet, just look at those cheesy fedora-seque pics were he's prancing around with a sword lmao...if ur a fatherless chink looking for a male role model be like the guy from 2046 not some homosexual japanese musclebottom

C'mon, brother. This chart represents work by artists that people are assumed to already know (hence the lack of attribution on the image itself) and adds that those artists were gay. Is there any reason that being represented as a "gay artist" is more offensive than being represented as a "Spanish artist" or "English artist"?

>It is trying to show gay art rather than art made by gays
I don't think that's the case here.

>no Judas Priest

Was Wittgenstein gay?

Just like Wittgenstein, I'm completely straight and I'm not afraid to acknowledge that my bros have large penises and tight buttholes.

We shower together and jerk each other off all the time because we know we're straight so just because we occasionally suck each other's cocks doesn't make us homo.

>source on Mishima being gay
May I direct you to his autobiographical Confessions of a Mask. He was more explicit than Oscar Wilde. There's really no ambiguity

He mentions repeatedly his lust for rough brutal men. Dockworkers and criminals. Speculates this stemmed from his prepubescent sexual awakening watching a sewer worker, sweaty and muscular, carry buckets of literal shit down the road.

Saying Mishima wasn't gay is like the revisionist papers in Japan that for decades wrote alternate news pretending the US surrendered in WW2. Or the SJW who insist Shakespeare wasn't an Englishman, or that Beethoven was black

Are you ? I was trying to talk about the whole SJW way of looking at diversity in art. I assumed because that post used the word "heteronormativity" that that person would be sympathetic towards that line of thinking.

Maybe I got it all wrong though.

fixd

No, but I probably have what you call an "SJW way of looking at art." This chart is a mess because the gayness of some of these artists is seriously in question, but I don't why it's any more limiting to be grouped as a "gay artist" rather than an "English artist." Both categories are so hopelessly diverse that no one could hope to find some unifying principle, but both remain useful nonetheless.

>tfw you're not gay
>tfw you'll never be a great artist

My only hope is to pretend that I'm a closeted catholic gay.

it must be a requirement in the industrial-neo folk scene

If it were the case, I personally wouldn't like posterity to remember me for getting fucked in the ass

>literally not a single good film

>closeted catholic gay

Sujfan Steven's got that act down to an art

everyone assumes catholics got their asspussy taken by a priest, so everyone already thinks ur ass is stretched anyways

The Death in June guy is gay?

yeah but the way history is going in a another couple centuries straight ppl will probably be seen as horrible degenerate rapists and anyone who doesn't take it up the butt and buy a testtube baby from a jewish scientist will be seen as worse than hitler, so maybe being remembered as a queer who liked getting dicks slammed up his ass will will work in favor of ur legacy

Yeah, I missed that part too but it says it right on his Wikipedia page.

I was thinking of Mauriac and Green

*Julien Green
You never know on this board.

anyone know what kind of font that is?