Oh, hello wageslave, enjoying your weekend? Getting a lot done on that big novel that's going to change your life...

Oh, hello wageslave, enjoying your weekend? Getting a lot done on that big novel that's going to change your life? Of course to me it's just another day to write and check in with some editors I sent work to earlier. There's just so much of it, you see, because I have so much time to read and write!

Oh, you need to make money. I suppose somebody does. Mine just appears in the mail periodically, but you keep doing what makes you happy. I'm sure your boss is very appreciative and your mother is proud.

No, I don't want to see the poem you wrote after work. I only do critiques for real authors. Full-timers. Nothing personal, but if you don't have time to devote to the craft, you should probably just stick to watching sportsball and playing CoD with your fellow wageslaves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gbg27oT8Z9M
youtube.com/watch?v=RheJW2nhkb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YOU THINK I HAVE A FUCKING JOB?????

>check in with some editors I sent work to earlier

Yeah, no real NEET would do this. You have a job, too.

Get out.

>muh wageslave/neet dichotomy

i fucking hate these threads

i'll still post in them though

>tfw in academia

If you're a writer, you're employed.

But user, I am a NEET. Why must you believe such negative things about free men? Would your entire worldview and sense of self worth collapse without that spite?

Where does your money come from?
Or how do you ensure monthly income?

A large investment fund saved up over time that earns passive income.

You said you sent "work" to your editors. Doesn't that mean you're a writer? Writer is an occupation.

Uh huh, and who is a writer's employer?

Nobody, that's who. Not in Education, Employment or Training. NEET.

How did you initially earn the investment money?
If it was from your daddy and mommy, you are not valid, or should I say, I am just envious?

>I only do critiques
>time to devote to the craft

lol, you are critic, you dont have a creative mind. Everything you write has a meaning, a significance that must be acknowledge by the reader at the end of the article or you failed. You write for others. Authors write for themselves.

You write about other's shit. You may use large words or get 200 words publish every other weekend... but at the end of the day what you do has no more significance than a tv critic.

Because want it or not... if your editor tells you "hey user, read the next Maze Runner, we need an article" you are just gonna bend over and eat that piece of shit.

a writer is his own employer. Or is it that all self-employed people count as "neet".

"I only do critiques for for real authors." =/= "I only do critiques ever."

It's okay though, your boss has got your stressed out and your two-day reprieve is drawing to a close. It's understandable, if pitiable, to be irrational under such circumstances.

Most self-employed people can't make a living by writing down utter bullshit for two hours a day.

I'm glad you're so satisfied with your life OP. Keep rocking and rolling.

jew meme

>neetu threads on Veeky Forums

nice

Financiers would want people to be productive though. It's all about nonstop growth.

In all of your free time have you ever chance to read Candide? If you did I think you would realize what a shit life you're subjecting yourself to.

Haha what

My life is so stupid I have to post in Veeky Forums about it to get validation from 15 year olds that fell for the DFW meme

LITERALLY A KEK

youtube.com/watch?v=gbg27oT8Z9M

>kek
top zez

youtube.com/watch?v=RheJW2nhkb8

this guy got it

chill dude

I have spent years and year of my life as a NEET. One thing I never understand is how some of you manage to get the motivation to create, or do things in general?

For me one day blended into the next. It was masturbation, internet, vidya games, movies, then an exceptionally long sleep (due to sleep deprivation) and then the cycle would begin again.

I don't understand where you gain the motivation to create? It was an awful experience for me.

I play two sports, have friends and actually like writing.

I commit a few hours a day to writing. Treat it like a job.

AHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

dumb redditfish poster

This is the funniest post I've seen on here in a while. Thank you, user.

I'm not a wageslave. I have an interesting book idea that actually works well and I work parttime at my university making music. I finished my semester recently so I have the summer to work on my book.

>that fucking image

AHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
AHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

MY LIFE IS RUINED!

Just wait you little cunt.

Just you fucking wait.

Oh, boy. Okay I'm done.
Sit down, buddy, because I'm gonna teach you about this thing called real life!
Where no one gives a fuck about your writing skill, how well read you are, or what your philosophical tastes are.
Literally fucking no one!
And while you're just staying in your studio apartment, living of literally just bread, with no real world skills other than being a pretentious ass, I am learning how to survive and make myself actually useful. I am gaining knowledge and wisdom through experience and action rather than sitting in my ass all day.
And I am also gaining the respect of other people that know the world better than me, because they've been around much longer than either of us.
So yeah, go ahead and live like a dog and pretend that you can write and relate to the human condition, I'm gonna be out and about actually knowing it and eventually becoming successful with a strong foundation to live off of.
And hell, iof I don't succeed, at least I can say I worked my damn ass off for a shot at being a great author. And no one can fault me for that.

And yet here we are, on a discussion board dedicated to the work of people with writing skill and interesting "philosophical tastes" who were often pretentious asses.

That's the irony of it, isn't?
These cultural icons that probably wouldn't survive an hour in day job.

>Hurr me eat fancy food and have big house
>you eat poor people food and live humbly
>Surely I am the superior artist
wageslave logic

>because I said literally any of that

>needing editors
>not being a naturally good writer insofar as you don't need editors
You're doing it wrong, faggot

>while you're just staying in your studio apartment, living of literally just bread

The point was that he couldn't afford food, because he's "too good" for an actual job, so he has to eat bare minimum literally slices of build.

So you mock people who make certain sacrifices to hone their craft? Seems an odd thing to take umbrage at.

This is literally every opinionated comic ever
>one guy is rational and calm and making logical points
>the other guy is frothing at the mouth and making an ass of himself
>totally not biased or one sided at all

upvote 4 truth

real #redpill shit here

I think your irony meter might be broken.

damn . . . .

Never said that. I work an eight hour job, so if I want to be successful I have to sacrifice as well.
What this guy is implying is that only his way of being a writer is the right way, and just because I want to live more comfortably means I'm somehow less dedicated to writing or somehow my writing is valid.
Honestly I don't give a shit how you live your life, it's talking shit that pisses me off.

Not Veeky Forums relevant. Reported.

Now go back to /pol/ you horrid little man.

These threads are made just to induce butthurt in people like you. If you're so satisfied, why do you care that some user is saying these things? Much dumber things are posted on Veeky Forums and this board every hour. Perhaps you should examine yourself.

Yup. That's what you do, guys, when you need to back out of an argument.
Just pull the "you shouldn't even care so much about this" card, that automatically makes you right.

trolled hard

What is the OP wrong about? All he wants is to read, write, and collaborate with other people who spend a similar amount of time reading and writing. Perhaps your feelings have been hurt because you feel excluded.

>he wants us to think he gets sex

That picture is a fantasy. You are living in your head too much OP.

If you don't understand the importance of being apart of society, can you please just leave?

>he sent editors his work unsolicited
>he doesn't have an agent
You do realize that those editors will never look at your novel again after throwing it in the trash this time, right?

>society

>laboring to make more money for a boss = being part of society
How sad that you can't imagine any other role for yourself

>he's never published in a magazine in his life

Chuck Tingle is that you?

>because this was ever my point
It's about talking shit, user.
He thinks he's better than 9-5ers, so I decided to give my two cents on how that's bullshit.

The publishing house. A few renegades aside (Jack London springs to mind), even highly successful authors march in step to the demands of the people who print and sell their works.

Does your ending test poorly with the focus group? Better readjust your "artistic vision"!

>practice does not make perfect
hmmm

He only thinks he's better at reading and writing, which is how he spends those hours that you spend doing your job. How is that so unreasonable?

Here are a few examples from just the OP as too where he is wrong:

>Oh, you need to make money.

I don't NEED to make money I WANT to.

>Nothing personal, but if you don't have time to devote to the craft,

In order to learn about a subject the best way to do it is to actually do the subject.

If you want to learn a different language, live in a place that speaks it. Want to learn how an engine works? Work on an engine. Want to meet interesting characters to base your fictional characters around? Meet interesting people.

These things can't be done living NEET.

>you should probably just stick to watching sportsball and playing CoD with your fellow wageslaves.

He's wrong about this also. He implies that because people are employed that these are the things they do with their free-time. I like to explore, I like to read, I like to work out. I enjoy PLAYING sportsball and I enjoy watching movies.

Besides all I've just said it's not even what he is saying, it's his arrogance around the matter that most have a problem with. He acts like the fact that he has all this free time some how makes him a better writer. Which there is no evidence to suggest this to be true. So, as the saying goes, either put up or shut up.

Never even said that. Ever.
Also: time=/= quality.
Just because I spend five weeks on a poem doesn't mean it'll automatically be better than someone who took five days.

>>he's never published in a magazine in his life
>publishing for a magazine
enjoy never having anything of substance published in your life

B T F O
T F
F T
O F T B

all me btw

A writer who spends 10,000 hours at his desk is going to be more proficient than one who's spent 2,000 barring an extreme difference in talent.

>I don't NEED to make money I WANT to.
More than you want to write, yes.

>If you want to learn a different language, live in a place that speaks it. Want to learn how an engine works? Work on an engine. Want to meet interesting characters to base your fictional characters around? Meet interesting people.

>These things can't be done living NEET

NEET =/= shut-in

>He's wrong about this also. He implies that because people are employed that these are the things they do with their free-time. I like to explore, I like to read, I like to work out. I enjoy PLAYING sportsball and I enjoy watching movies.
So you like to get BTFO at sports by guys with more time to train, explore places NEETs can also go and spend more time in, and consume the products of more dedicated artists. Impressive.

Does he contribute?

This is what makes me laugh about NEETs, they think every job is just you working for one person who makes all the money. Forgetting without certain positions they wouldn't have the comforts they are afforded.

The building you live in was built by carpenters/builders/electricians/plumbers. It was designed by architects and draughtsman. The computer you are using was made by technicians of various positions which I'mnot too familiar with and the power supplied to it was produced in a power plant of some sort which is looked over by operators and carried across conductor/cables which are maintained by linesman/ cable jointers/ electricians.

You just see the end result not knowing the effort put in by a large number of people just so you can have your say on an anonymous chat board.

My agitation comes from the lack of respect you have for your fellow man.

But remember peoples influence nowadays is far different than it used to be.

When people actually had access to good educations where they were forced to read le classics, le greek, and so on they had a good starting ground and influence/building blocks for what they're working on.

Now you have lots of YA, stephen kings, harry potter types going around who write for years on end and still produce trash.

Trying to emulate keats for 10,000 hours will produce a different output then trying to emulate mira gonzales or tao lin.

It doesn't FUCKING MATTER
What writing requires is EFFORT
Actually putting thought and work into your craft.
If I spend ten minutes actually thinking through what I'm putting down, I'll get way the hell father than someone who sits there for an hour and just regurgitates the same stuff over and over again.

>The building you live in was built by carpenters/builders/electricians/plumbers. It was designed by architects and draughtsman. The computer you are using was made by technicians of various positions which I'mnot too familiar with and the power supplied to it was produced in a power plant of some sort which is looked over by operators and carried across conductor/cables which are maintained by linesman/ cable jointers/ electricians.
So, those guys did their jobs voluntarily, just as I voluntarily do not do them.

>My agitation comes from the lack of respect you have for your fellow man.
Not everyone wants to be an artist. It's not disrespectful to say they're not good artists.

if you were one of the few people who are NEETs who also have any kind of motivation to do anything other than jack off and watch anime all day then you wouldn't be shitposting on a Tibetan throat singing forum though

Fucking this.
You wouldn't be able to study this shit if it weren't for public maids like me.

W A L L A C E S T E V E N S
A
L
etc.

Also Spinoza.

Lots of writers would disagree with this though. "Just write and cut out the chafe later" is commonly given advice.

welcome to spook city

Except that's exactly what you're fucking saying.
You're saying that just because I do plumbing somehow means I'm less capable of creating great art.
Which is the most self righteous higher than thou thing you can possibly say.
You are taking a wet, loud, bear mace shit on all the people that put their time into keeping everything running.

But I am better than you at what I do, and you're a better plumber than me. You're the one placing those in a hierarchy.

>More than you want to write, yes.

I'm not claiming to be a writer, I'm claiming that in order for a society to run well everyone needs to put in effort to make the machine work, and in order for everyone to find there pave there needs to be respect for all the gears in the machine. NEETs don't have respect for this.

>NEET =/= shut-in

So how are you paying for all those experiences?

>So you like to get BTFO at sports by guys with more time to train,

If you're worried about losing you won't be great at anything, I pay spry for the fitness, comradery and the feeling of knowing I can improve. It's not about who's the best on the ground, it's about who has the biggest desire for the ball.

>explore places NEETs can also go and spend more time in, and consume the products of more dedicated artists. Impressive.

So again I ask where is the money coming from to go and explore these places and consume these products?

That doesn't even guarantee quality.
That's just a different method.
You keep working on this assumption that quality stems entirely from method, not the individual.

But you haven't proved that you're better than him, you've only said that. Like I said earlier put up or shut up.

>I'm not claiming to be a writer, I'm claiming that in order for a society to run well everyone needs to put in effort to make the machine work, and in order for everyone to find there pave there needs to be respect for all the gears in the machine. NEETs don't have respect for this.
So I have to be a plumber to be allowed to shit in the toilet? You would be a very popular philosopher in India.

>So how are you paying for all those experiences?
With money I made doing things years ago and supplement by doing things for a few hours at a time once a month or so.

And now we've come full circle, and you're trying to pin what your bullshit on me.
Congratulations, you're superior. You're the better intellectual. I now see the error in my ways.

>just post your work so I can tell you it's bad
lmao. Are you even published?

Except I never did say I was a superior man to you. I just said that full-time writers are better than part-timers, and you took that as some grave insult to your name.

>extrapolating this fucking much
It's called pitching in.

Honestly I think you guys need to actually work a day job for like, a month to get a taste of the real world.

Nice try, we all know you sit in the dark watching anime all day and sleep 16 hours a day.

>So, those guys did their jobs voluntarily,

And deserve a little respect for it.

>just as I voluntarily do not do them.

I don't understand why you don't want to be a part off life?

>Not everyone wants to be an artist. It's not disrespectful to say they're not good artists.

You haven't proved you are a good artist, nor have you proved that they're bad artists. All you've done is spewed veiled hatred at those who chose to be a part of life.

#memes

But I have worked a day job. I would prefer not to do so anymore.

>it's called pitching in
In exchange for a sum of money that is considered appropriate. If I've got enough money to not "pitch in" for a while, what duty do I have to continue working? Clearly I've already "earned" this time.

That's literally how this all started, implying that my writing is somehow less valid simply because I have a paycheck.
It's the idea that
>just because I do x y and z
Suddenly makes you better than someone

shut up commie