Mary Shelley imo

Nightmare mode: No muh stream of virginia woolf

pic not related

Gertrude Stein

More like Very Smelley, because her writing stinks

Belle Randall

Frankenstein is GOAT

Woolf is GOAT, so go fuck yourself.

Although the best female poet is Sor Juana tbqhwy blood relative.

me :^)

19th C.: George Eliot
20th C.: Willa Cather

Iris Murdoch
Anita Brookner
Marylinne Robinson

Virginia Woolf is the best though.

>Mary Shelley

Even Jane Austen is better. Some anons have already listed some examples of better female writers from the last century. How is your opinion so trash

Virginia Woolf is actually fucking amazing tho

the female joyce
too bad women have no ambition and she never wrote a ulysses

Mrs. Dalloway is better than Ulysses you fucking philistine.

what about flannery oconner?

Woolf is fucking trash compared to lispector

Oh look, the Lispector autist has arrived.

Anne Carson
Yourcenar

Djuna Barnes, Mina Loy, and Stein

George Eliot and Jane Austin

Read both. Love both.

You are being a contrarian try hard.

I've never read any of Ayn Rand's works. Is it worth it or just a meme?

Flannery O'Connor, by far.

enid blyton

Edith Wharton
Jane Austen
2 of the 3 Bronte sisters

>Female authors
>Good

>Females
>Good

Heh.

Basically this

>this crazy bitch is writing super hot literature, and basically you're a fucking loser
>click here to die

Shit, I only made it to Type-III

>Hindustani Classical Music
>Luk Thung
>Zeuhl

Ursula K. Le Guin is pretty good I think. I wouldn't call her the best, but I mean would you have an answer to the question "Who is the best male author?"

I've been boycotting women authors. All they write is click bait man hate shit. Fuck women writers.

Ya got me.

Elizabeth Anscombe.

Connie Willis.

Flannery O'Connor.

Wila cather sucks so badly yuck. One of the worst writers ever.

The wuthering heights bronte was good.

what is the source of this photo?

I don't get it, is it just progression towards freeform non-music?

/mu/ chart from 2013. 2016 /mu/ isnt worth it anymore

SAPPHO

we really need to accept that Austen is actually incredibly important.

She shaped the modern view of a good man/woman. She almost single-handedly alongside very few people in the same exact time period who were fully aware of her work, like Samuel Johnson with his Rambler newspaper. Her novels transitioned the common perception of a good man/good husband to one who is good hearted, even if they aren't as successful socially. I.e. men who say what they believe, not what is right.

This was incredibly radical and unacceptable in the time. Austen was a radical writer. There's a reason most of her work wasn't published until after her death - the social establishment was horrified by the influence and success of her early work.

I realize I worded this badly -

She made men who were good hearted rather than trained to be show dogs the desirable husbands in a world that, for 150 years, had the royal idea of "good breeding" leaking into lower and lower classes. In Austen's time farmer's daughters were going to events to show off their manners. It was an outrageous and disingenuous system that Austen inspired a movement against and brought down within a generation. Her influence on everyday life and thought about others is perhaps more than any man in her century. In terms of shaping views of character she is on par with Shakespeare. Austen can not be dismissed by any adequately conservative reader as a woman who wrote romance novels.