When did you realize that the Islamic State is the living realization of the radical Traditionalist revolt against...

When did you realize that the Islamic State is the living realization of the radical Traditionalist revolt against modernity that men like Julius Evola dreamed of?

Other urls found in this thread:

katehon.com/1302-the-terrorist-attacks-in-paris-lesson-of-enantiodromia.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ISIS is pretty cool once you get down to it. Cyberpunk hackers, neo-situationist rebels taking denouement to extreme new heights, 21st century Rockstars badass tribal warriors and defenders of eternal tradition against modern degeneracy

Is evola the single most fedora tipping 'philosopher' there is?

I feel the same way honestly. At the very least I can't condemn them for resisting globalized modernity in the way that they are

I don't even know what fedora tipping is supposed to imply anymore. I thought it was supposed to refer to atheists

Al Qaeda could be, not ISIS. ISIS is based on canalizing the violence of youth into ideological conflicts. The fighters barely know anything about Islam and don't care that much as long as they can rape, steal and gain fame. It isn't about being well-read and holding traditional, conservative beliefs any more. Unlike Al Qaeda, ISIS is prospecting among delinquents.

General reactionary thought, especially with ridiculous 'edgy' overtones

I suppose they do completely lack the inner circle of initiated intellectual elite that would be necessary for any true Traditionalist movement. It's possible that I'm just not aware of their existence though

That's exactly how the Taliban and all AL Qaeda off shoots recruit in heavy fighting. They were doing thr same thing in thr mountains of Afghanistan just grabbing up villagers to fight. They just fed them hate and put them out with a gun.

I guess that makes sense, as fedoras are worn by those with neo noir fantasies in regards to their identity

If only Putin had listened to Alex Dugin, crowned himself Tsar and purged all those pesky liberals and 5th columnists Stalin-style. sad 2bh

>tfw you are the only poster on Veeky Forums who loves the post-everything cacophony that is globalization

Edgy opinion: the world needs a Catholic ISIS. Or at least the world needs some sort of Catholic 'extremist' group.

Did you actually read this? ISIS's traditionalism is far from Evola's vision.

That is basically what the Knight Templar were.

>Enter battle with disregard to inferior numbers/strategic position (God will protect you if he thinks you are cool)
>Don't leave as long as flag is flying
>Never get taken alive (unless you are that stupid faggot that made everyone march without water)
>Insha'Allah = Deus Vult
>OG religious extremists

start one. people will join.

>Edgy opinion: the world needs a Catholic ISIS. Or at least the world needs some sort of Catholic 'extremist' group.

It would need to be SSPX because anti pope francis would shut it down immediately

>Cuckholics
>doing anything in 2016

Kek

isj.org.uk/isis-and-counter-revolution-towards-a-marxist-analysis/

That photo reminds me of a scene in Gravity's Rainbow.

Yay, another thread full of Evola memesters; rather than people who have actually read him.

>

They're not. ISIS are not riding the tiger, they are trying to fight it and control it. They picked a fight with modernity and modernity, in its current state, is far too powerful for the fight to be deemed admirable.

When a man writes a book that is a "survival guide", it should be obvious that waging war against the world is not a tactic he'd espouse.

If anything, Evola was a fucking stoic; most of what he writes is about staying 'true to yourself' (in the metaphysical sense) whilst experiencing which is in total opposition to that which you believe, and what you are.

The stoicism ends when the tiger runs out of steam, after which you can safely dismount and put it down; metaphorically with the principles you have preserved along its course. The tiger of modernity is still going strong, however; and you'd be a moron to think it's getting tired so soon. We're only a few thousand years into the Kali Yuga, to which Evola subscribed and which goes on for tens (and hundreds) of thousands of years.

Evola is more about 'enduring' modernity than resisting it. Let modernity run its course; stay true to your own in the face of it.

>General reactionary thought

Evola isn't really a reactionary by any measure. Indeed, most of his life was spent in opposition to the 'bourgeois residues' to which reactionaries wished to return.

That is why, for example, he was so involved with Dadaism; 'Traditional' art was merely one example of the residues which betrayed the eternal values of Tradition.

According to Evola's thought, you could create an entirely new form of art/music/etc tomorrow; and it would be just as 'Traditional' as the bourgeois/past forms of art/music/etc (if not moreso), *provided* it was in keeping with what he believed to be the eternal values of Tradition (truth, justice, etc).

Other examples:

1) He didn't give a shit about marriage, which is what most conservatives/reactionaries cry about.

2) He really didn't like Christianity at all, and hated that it was purged of almost all esoteric elements.

3) His support for fascism was lukewarm as fuck; constantly sniping Mussolini and his followers for betraying what fascism should have been; branding them thugs/etc (though he nonetheless came to believe that 'a bad solution is better than none', thinking he could change fascist movements like the SS from within).

confirmed for not having lived near arabs

But having a respecful enemy is part of the traditionalist world. ISIS is the enemy we need to return to our truest Tradizion.

Daesh aren't traditional at all. They are extreme modernists, you fucking Fanonite Pol Pots.

Yes.

>Daesh
>respectful
Pick one. Feeding dogs with them would be called animal abuse.

>eternal tradition
>like 600 years old
wew lad

Get yourself a trip, m8.

We need more people on here who actually know what this fuck was talking about.

What is that even supposed to mean? What do you mean by "edgy"? Aren't you just dismissing the form and style of an idea, and not the actual content of the idea itself?

hello Veeky Forums
or is it /k/

/reddit/ or /pol/ please.

kill yourself, newfag

>respectful
half the western ISIS recruits are resentful gay babies buttmad at not fitting in in the west so they fly down to syria to chimp out

Yes that's exactly what we need, more fanatics who erase the complexity of the human condition, in favor of murdering for their primitive dogma.

Wew laddie.

What we actually need in the world is building one that isn't built on both exploitation of human beings and nature. Then we might start to actually build a society around freedom and solidarity. Until then, there will continue to be sectarian, land/resource, ideological, racial, etc violence.

All your plan does is add fuel to the fire. At least say we need a Jedi Order, the Jesuits who acted as peace keepers and advisors around the world might actually work, and they were considered warriors of God but the key is never attack, only defend. Not a crusade, be like the Jedi, not sith.

>What we actually need in the world is building one that isn't built on both exploitation of human beings and nature.
are you some kind of eco communist or what

>What we actually need in the world is building one that isn't built on both exploitation of human beings and nature. Then we might start to actually build a society around freedom and solidarity.
would it be possible for a quote to have more spooks than this?

It fucking not is. It's reactionary and unfundamented. Way too young and has not proven to deal with consequences it cast upon itsself. It instrumentalizes paradigm changes and promotes violence in every way as long as it helps destruction of unwanted other paradigms.

It's cute that Catholics think they're edgy and relevant.

I suppose eco communist isn't a bad label, but you diminish me, my views, and our dialog by seeking to label and categorize me rather than learn from each other.

Do you have am argument against what I said? Or are you not interested in dialog and learning?

In case anyone else is wondering, these are fascinating examples of how some people aim to be constructive, seek solutions, consider possiblities, and others cannot see beyond their noses and aim to pull them down. That is the essential fight of human history, and only when the former group out numbers the latter shall we be free, until then you have the present order.

I'm no catholic, but the church remains a massively powerful institution. The Pope alone has the ears of billions. That is immense power.

>exploitation is wrong
>freedom is good
>solidarity is good
>violence is bad
we've got a true free thinker on our hands here

Not an argument. If you want me to elaborate on anything, ask relevant questions.

I have. They're loud as fuck and smoke a lot but they're no worse than lower-class whites

>Or are you not interested in dialog and learning?
I am but I don't think I will find it in you

>That is the essential fight of human history, and only when the former group out numbers the latter shall we be free, until then you have the present order.
See, the thing is that the west has tried this. We, tolerant secularists, got together and we had a jolly party where humanist kool-aid flowed in abundance and we toasted an upcoming era of unprecedented equality where neither race nor creed nor gender nor religion would matter much at all and the world would look like a John Lennon song. Sadly, throwing down our guns so that we might embrace all of the world left us vulnerable. The sad truth is that there is no future where we all coexist according to reasoned debate and the rejection of tribal thinking. The future, as always, belongs to the virile and the violent.

this guy gets it

Sounds glorious, op.
And i thought it was just bored guys, whit iq of 75, who stumbled on stash of ak-47:s.

>If anything, Evola was a fucking stoic

Good, apart from this.

He was quite happy to get his hands dirty; throwing his lot when the Nazis/etc, when he wasn't LARP'ing 'magic' Roman rituals with audiences including the likes of Mussolini.

That's close minded, you aren't interested in dialog, too full of bias and prejudice.

That's defeatist. Also we aren't vulnerable, America is more powerful than everyone else by an order of a magnitude. Unless you mean the general vulnerability of society, that is a given.

All because something has failed once, doesn't mean it will again, especially given how different things are now. Te problem with saying it will fail based on the past is to forget how many enemies compassion, tolerance, and sustainability had and still has. Capitalism is still the eminent ideology, the fight won't be quick, and it won't be easy, but given current trends in social awareness, automation, and ecological destruction, something will give in the next 50-100 years without a doubt, potentially making way for a new world order, or the total collapse of society.

>America is more powerful than everyone else by an order of a magnitude
America is a fracture hellscape of self-serving hedonism that will balkanize in the near future because of disparate demographics. Bombs are good, but wombs are always better.

>All because something has failed once, doesn't mean it will again,

==JUST==

==ONE==

==MORE==

==TRY==

Thats just speculation. But I would agree that hedonism and self interest has gone way too far, and reduces our love and compassion for our fellow man. The primary cause however is our economic and cultural systems, both aimed at furthering capitalist ideology. Schools do not teach kids to think critically, money is not distributed with equity, and essentially has ensnared our political system to further te interests of the moneyed class.

Yes, love, compassion, etc are always wirth trying again.
This doesn't just apply to society but to personal relations as well. You strike me as a defeatist, the system as beaten you down so far you've love lost. I'm here to tell you that a better world can in fact be had, and we can build it, but if too many people like you lack the courage to fight for it, it won't happen. In essence your personal failure causes the failure of justice.

You are important, act like it, the good needs you.

PURE IDEOLOGY

>Yes, love, compassion, etc are always wirth trying again.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up.

I am not quite convinced that good feelings and kumbayah drum circles are the needed medicine right now.

Stay mad.

That's a strawman argument. Too bad you simply lacked wither the comprehension or genuine interest to learn and ask the necessary questions to understand my perspective.

That's partly what is wrong with the world, intellectual laziness.

>The fighters barely know anything about Islam
WTF is wrong with people who say this shit? Those are 20-30 year old cunts that grew up BREATHING islam since they were 3. Everyday they were forced to memorize the koran and live it in every gesture.

Then they would not do what they were doing. The Koran explicitly says not to be an aggressor against others.

But I guess given US military invasion, that would justify jihad, but what they are doing isn't Jihad, they are doing brutality against non violent peoples.

>laddie
SNP cuck detected.

>The Koran explicitly says not to be an aggressor against others.
And yet Muhammad was a genocidal warlord who owned slaves and diddled children. Were they just having a laugh with verses like, "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."
>But I guess given US military invasion, that would justify jihad
And what about the conquest of Spain by the Umayyads? Their further attempts at incursion into Europe? Islam and Christian Europe have been at loggerheads for more than a thousand years and it is sheer mental midgetry to insinuate that George W. Bush ruined some sort of loving relationship.

Nice try kiddo. Stay mad.

Irrelevant.

" Indeed, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression. He admonished you that you may take heed. (Al Quran 16:91)"

All this is digression away from the conversation though. We can create a peaceful world, but some people like you seem intent on repeating the mistakes of the past.

>Irrelevant.
It's irrelevant that their venerated figure, Muhammad, was, by all accounts, a very bad man? If he did in my home state a tenth of the things he did when he was alive, he would be condemned to execution without protest.

Islam is more Nietzschean than Evolian.

Islam literally means submission. Nothing Nietzschean about that.

That quote is nice, but in Islam subjugation of infidels is justice, or it's perfectly reasonable to hold that theological position for Muslims.
And there will never be a peaceful world with Islam. War is almost central to it.

>not an argument
Everything about you is a meme

Not that guys, and I'm not trying to pull any "religion of peace bullshit", but there's not any reason to believe there would ever be a peaceful world even without Islam.

more like 20 odd years old

Irrelevant.

It also says not to force Islam on others, and not to aggress against peaceful people.

Stay mad.

>throwing down our guns

when did this happen exactly?

Rasputin?

I can't find the link but Dugin wrote an article a few months ago describing the radical traditionalism of ISIS as completely inauthentic, noting it's universalist outlook. It is not a revolutionary movement against modernity, but only seeks an alternative one where Salafi Islam rules instead of the west

Here it is

katehon.com/1302-the-terrorist-attacks-in-paris-lesson-of-enantiodromia.html

>I suppose eco communist isn't a bad label, but you diminish me, my views, and our dialog by seeking to label and categorize me rather than learn from each other.

language exists because we can't mind meld our ideas you fucking moron. Special snowflakes like yourself will hang on the day of the rope

>I can't find the link but Dugin wrote an article a few months ago describing the radical traditionalism of ISIS as completely inauthentic, noting it's universalist outlook.

that's a bullshit notion

islam is an international religion, it's aimed at the international audience at its roots, so it's simply retarded to call its radical international movement inauthentic because it's international

Wow you sound buttblasted.

Go chill with your mom, she loves you unconditionally, you sound like you could use that in your life.

most islamic traditions are a lot older than Islam itself

I think you're looking for reddit

>DUDE COMMUNISM LOL

Hello kiddos, can you into discourse or too stupid to engage complex topics?

your topics arent complex at all

its good old dusty humanism, quite honestly not even trying to disguise itself as something a bit more subtle

I wouldn't plant this flag upon Catholicism. There are deeper and truer roots to draw renewal of our Traditional spirit from.

Good ol' trusty humanism. Love that shit.

But it is an incredibly complex topic, if you don't see that, you don't really get it user.

Yeah, i made up this new religion yesterday, but its traditions go back 100 000years, you know.

My new religion is based on biological propagation. Our traditions go back pretty far I must boast.

Islam is built upon Jewish and Christian scripture and theology. The Quran mostly offer commentary and reinterpretation of the already established canon of the Tradition, framing it in an Islamic context. Islam claims to be the true faith practiced from Adam, Moses, King David and to the Crucifixion.

Rene Guenon wrote extensively about how all ancient Traditions originate from the same transcendent principles despite aesthetic differences

Tradition is drawn from the supranatural user

huh, maybe yours

Tradition is necessarily the unification and realization of our body, soul and spirit, understood as the form of our completion. This is true of all Traditions of our world. Biological reductionism is not a Tradition

You should have read Ride The Tiger instead of Revolt Against The Modern World. In the first book, Evola truly realize the futility of resisting the modern age and reserves appreciation for traditions to his spirit. Evola is fucking great, but sometimes he gets a little spastic with his wordings. Maybe it's the translation.

It is not.

Fuck off and die red

The buttblasting continues. I'd give you a hug, but can't through cyber space, you sound like you need one.

Good night kiddo, Stay egdy.

The leader has a phd

It's not reactionary at all. It's modernistic. It's applied enlightment philosophy.

>Not that guys, and I'm not trying to pull any "religion of peace bullshit",
Was pulled by GWB's scriptwriter. Otherwise you're tru, m8. No one is as creative when it comes to violence as us humans.

Funny to agree with him on at least one point.

I'm sure you and the other circlejerkers in Saudi-funded Muslim-studies departments is smarter than the thousands of Islamic scholars that came before you, and I'm sure you guys know better than Muhammad what his own book means.

But that doesn't change the fact that the history of Islam since its inception has been violent.

>region torn apart by foreign empires
>disaffected youths united by demagogues
>using religious pretext to rape and pillage and seize land

>tfw ISIS isn't misunderstanding Islam
>tfw ISIS is basically exactly how Islam started

I realized this when I discovered #frogtwitter and became a volcel A E S T H E T I C bucolic ecosalafist bodybuilder

Conflating two things. Humanities' violent history, and the violence of specifically one religion. Secondly, you have to actually analyze what's happening now.

How man total Muslims are there? How many are actually in ISIS? Also Muslim scholars agree with me. Just listen to the guy that actually engages the wider audience on CNN, fox, etc forget his name.

>At the very least I can't condemn them for resisting globalized modernity in the way that they are

They are literally burning children alive.

Thank fuck I'm not as edgelord as you are.

>They are literally burning children alive.
usa does the same since 40ss, what do you think air strikes do to the childrens which they hit, pet their heads?

Semites and in general "middleman minorities" (Chinese, Armenians, etc.) have always been against tanning; alpha WASP play tennis in sun...
- @BronzeAgePerv (pbuh)

Cadre of Aryan Bronze Age surfer-philosophers ruling over the diverse masses of the world, breeding new races, gods and sprites returning
- @BronzeAgePerv (pbuh)

I'm not excusing the West on those accounts at all. But there is a marked difference between children dying in collateral damage and men specifically choosing to lead children out into an area for other people to see and literally setting those little kids on fire.

Both situations are horrible and inexcusable. But if you think both are comparable here then you're deluding yourself. If Western soldiers marched kids out into an area and set them on fire you'd see citizens all over the West cheering them on? Nope. Because that is what is happening here. ISIS men are burning kids alive and radicals all over the world are cheering them on. Obviously the majority of Islam would think this was abominable, but there are enough that are cheering them on for this to be surreal and deeply worrying for the rest of us - moderate muslims included.

The West has a history of imperialism, subterfuge, and really fucked up shit in general. I'm not glossing over that at all. But if you're sympathising with ISIS and the things that they are doing you're a fucking edgelord clown.