>he still thinks that philosophy isnt useless

?

>he still shitposts on Veeky Forums to hide the pain in his heart

!

>he thinks everything isn't useless

?

>he thinks

>he

>hurr durrrr is it a rabbit or a le duck hurrrrr hahaha ye i got you you dumb fucks lololool

holy fuck

>implying usefulness is subjective

I'm heading towards that position, and I majored in philosophy...

Even if I agreed with that, I wouldn't care much about its uselessness. Don't really understand the concern for it.

Philosophy's use is to help us understand the world. Science certainly gets most of that done nowadays, but there are still some parts of it that only philosophy can shed light upon.

name a part

I think the issue people have Sith philosophy is that, compared to other academic endeavors, it is pretty useless in the real world. You can't build a career or a get a job if you're just really good at what is essentially just thinking about stuff.
I'm not trying to talk shit, I'm just explaining what I see. Philosophy has its place in society and culture, but it's not a source of income.

The field typically known as "metaphysics". That isn't really an appropriate name for it, in my opinion, but there is much in it that says things about reality that science cannot, mainly for epistemological reason.

I feel sorry for the people who think that exploring how to think and how to feel are useless. I also feel sorry for people who only do things that are useful. It's okay to play, bros. I also feel sorry for ugly, short, and fat guys, as well. Maybe you feel that thought is useless because many people won't want to talk with you; it's natural that you feel that even your own ideas are useless. They're not, bros. You just need a radiant personality. However, you won't get that from constantly dismissing stuff.

>>that feel when you will never be a thoughtful, emotionally stable, wise Chad who literally delights everybody he graces, and gets laid whenever he wants.

>U CAN'T KNO NUFFIN

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Veeky Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Veeky Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

I'm sorry user, s-say again?

>when you finally realize that honest shitposting is more meaningful than nerdtard russels logic discourses

liberation

therefore he is?

My initial instinct was to attack the passion in your reply. That instinct is still there. However, you're right. Redditors are ironically often worse than channers in many aspects.

This. There's no world that's going to die if you don't do "something" with your life, don't be spucked by slave mentality.

I love arguing about this in NEET vs Wageslave threads. I'm not a NEET, but it's really disconcerting how many people seem to think that their job is actually necessary to the existence of the world as we know it and pretend they'd keep doing whatever it is they do even if they were a billionaire.

>contribute
>society

two words for sub 90iq spotting

No.

It's pretty sad really, how they use their suffering as a bargaining point.

oh?

"So if among excellent actions political and military actions are distinguished by nobility and greatness, and these are unleisurely and aim at an end and are not desirable for their own sake, but the activity of intellect, which is contemplative, seems both to be superior in worth and to aim at no end beyond itself, and to have its pleasure proper to itself (and this augments the activity), and the self-sufficiency, leisureliness, unweariedness (so far as this is possible for man), and all the other attributes ascribed to the blessed man are evidently those connected with this activity, it follows that this will be the complete happiness of man, if it be allowed a complete term of life (for none of the attributes of happiness is incomplete)."

Ok.

thanks for proving that philosophy is useless

That's a cute differentiation between self and other you have there, mister olive oil thighs; it'd be real sad if it was unfounded.

It's not totally useless. It's good as a tool for developing logic and reason.

you have no need of logic in a society where everyone thinks that they are smart

Let slide and keep moving my man.