Just got a Kindle Paperwhite. Should I link my Amazon account, or just go offline and transfer ebooks using calibre?

Just got a Kindle Paperwhite. Should I link my Amazon account, or just go offline and transfer ebooks using calibre?

Do you really need us to tell you what you do ?

I wanna be a true e/lit/ist. So, yes, I do want you to tell me what to do.

The moment I linked my account I regretted it because the screensaver turned from some bland book related stock image to advertisement for embarrassing women's bestseller and there was something else I hated but forgot about.

Dude it's up to you, nobody here cares what you do with your fucking kindle.

I do, I care a great deal, do not speak for me

Is there a way to deactivate your account?

Dude, if you don't have advice, get the fuck out of my thread.

Yes, but the screensaver is fucked up now.

What a crybaby

If the 'free ebook' they offer to incentivise you is part of your thinking, disregard that. You don't just get to pick whatever, it's like a list of ten schlocky bestseller bullshit titles.

Eat shit.

GUIDE TO Veeky Forums

BAD POSTS (synonyms: retard, underageb&, summer, reddit)
GOOD POSTS (synonyms: good posts)

>GOOD POSTS
>synonyms: good posts

I linked my account but I still somehow don't get advertisements or changed screensavers, I don't know if something fucked up or everyone else was wrong.

It's worth it to link your account as sometimes(very rarely) you may actually need to buy a book if you can't find it anywhere.

You probably bought the ad-free version, or you live anywhere but the States (the ad version is only available in the US).

Noone is being paid to shill for kindle. That is a republican-funded lie and a pathetic attempt at smearing kindle's campaign.

Offline is the way to go. Calibre offers everything amazon does without the corporate stickiness.
Also take the time to jailbreak, it's 100% worth it just for the custom screensavers.

libgen + calibre = truly epic win

Link it if you want vocab builder
Helps me learn new words

lol i just got my special offers removed by simply asking customer support. good shit mayne

i live in the us too

I like to get free samples of stuff from amazon that cannot be found pirated, especially text books