Cooking

>cooking
>2016

No seriously, lets have a "precooked" thread. What are some of the best cheap "precooked" frozen foods that are available?

Other urls found in this thread:

hormel.com/Brands/Refrigerated-Entrees.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cyanide

your shitty pre-cocked mom who raised a lazy asshole whose DNA was influenced by the remnant semen of her numerous sexual partners prior to accidentally creating you

are those hashbrowns really better in the oven? I usually do them on the stove top with a bit of oil

I still eat babyfood all the time. It's not frozen food but it is literally some of THE best value processed food there is. Up until ramen became mainstream baby food was the college student diet. It's like 50 cents for a little jar of gerber baby food, and that's the brand name shit. My local supermarket has their brand baby food in a little squeeze pack and it's 25 cents for roughly the same amount, but I like gerber better because they have great flavors. Seriously, vanilla baby food is some of the best shit ever, incorporated with apple sauce it really elevates it. It's pretty much the same texturally too, so it's worth trying.

Cheap food is generally shit nowadays. Stuff has gotten to a point where people are willing to sacrifice quality, flavor, and pretty much everything just because it's cheap. I went with a friend to dollar tree recently, to get some snacks for a movie theater trip, and we took a stroll down the freezer aisle and the little "pizzas" they have in there are pretty much glorified cardboard with "cheese-like product" and, surprisingly, real tomato sauce.

If you HAD to have some frozen shit though, i'd say go for texas toast. You can get a box at dollar tree, and while it's obviously not as good as just making it yourself, and it's pretty much the same cost, it's still pretty much the only frozen stuff I can tolerate anymore.

man just get some basic spices and sauces and a big things of rice and buy some flash frozen chicken and frozen/seasonal vegetables. i like the ravioli being on the list though.

do you wash it down with your mother's tit? the fuck is wrong with you grow up and eat real food faggot

I've been having some serious cravings lately for fucking ramen of all things, and I haven't eaten it in fucking years, should I buy a can of carbs and sodium tomorrow?

what the fuck is wrong with you

go to a place that sells ramen, they usually give you 3 servings for about 6-8 bucks.

i could live on this shit right here
also shin ramyun and frozen pierogis top tier

>What are some of the best cheap "precooked" frozen foods that are available?
This is refrigerated food, which I initially bought because my freezer is kind of tiny, but my fridge is huge. But, it's got a great crust. I've tried other of their foods and they are also high quality.

You might be surprised to know this but 20 years ago, in college, baby food was pretty much the go to poor people food. Literally no different than ramen is today, only it's not filled with carcinogens and salt.

I don't know if this counts, but chicken pot pies are amazingly decent. You can get a meal out of one. Meat, veg, starch. Got to bake it, though. They don't microwave worth a damn.

I'm gonna buy a deep freeze someday and fill it up with them.

you might be surprised to know this but you are a degenerate cuck who needs to be eliminated from the gene pool. You will hang first on the day of the rope.

I'm at a small town so we don't really have that, but I swear I've been wanting me some shitty store bought ramen
They're like a dollar or two

I buy a few things pretty regularly with sales and rotate them through my freezer.
Marie Callendar's Turkey or Mushroom pot pies
Screamin Italian stromboli, meatball flavor (their pizza is only so so, but the stromboli has great cheese and doughiness.
Brown rice steam-in-bag (publix)
Edamame steam-in-bag (publix)
Stouffers' welsh rarebit or chipped beef (great on some nice toasted artisan bread). Stouffers Spinach souffle or corn souffle, nice dinner side, esp with steak, hamsteak or pork chops on the grill.
Frozen whole baby onions from Birds Eye go into many dishes, but also good with a little cream after browning.
Cuban pasteles with pork, Goya. Nuke and amazing with a shake of hot sauce.
Alexia Waffle Fries, sweet potato They have a touch of curry or some hot spices that is subtle but delicious.
Finagle-a-bagel everything bagels are damn near fresh tasting, crispy crusted and chewy dense middles,when defrosted and toasted.
EVOL brand makes really yummy bagged skillet meals, my favorite being their butternut sage ravioli with kale.
Last but not least, a loaf of french bread from the deli, plus Michel Angelo's eggplant parm casserole makes a great sub, or two, or three, depending on which size eggplant you pick up. It comes in 4 sizes.

Best ramen will have that extra flavor packet with tamarind, umami, chili oil...mystery paste, really. Get that one! Nongshim noodle bowl. I get spicy chicken, which is not incredibly hot or anything intolerable. It's delicious.

crispy + cooked right @ 25-30 mins in my minivoven at about 375 temp. No preheating or anything, just put in for that much and eat it right after.

>375 degrees

My favorite premade frozen foods are country fried steak patties. I like to use them in burgers/sandwiches, they make for a good quick meal.

Frozen pierogis are great too.

Thats about medium setting. 375/350f is good/moderate temp.

That looks fucking molten.

What WAS that.

have some baby food and read the filename. then kill yourself.

Yeah I read you hostile fuck, there's literally no need for that shit grow up.

Goddamn how does milk and sugar become.....that

I used to drink those gerber yogurt drinks every once in a while when I was younger. They tasted fucking weird but they were so good. I moved and they don't sell them around here, but those Yakult drinks do the trick for me now. It's been too long and I don't remember if they taste similar though.

Walmart brand frozen spaghetti is really fucking good for a $1. Surprisingly high in protein for such a small serving too. Normally I pair it up with some veggies for an easy meal.

aww cmon, user. im just trying to fit in.

Not him but please lurk for at least a year before posting. That gives you enough time to learn the etiquette of each board you go to.

>be Veeky Forums
>how do you like your steak thread
>any answer other than "i eat live cows"
>47956348043 replies of hatred and ridicule

tell me how this is any better than /b/ or /pol/

uh, this is a thread about garbage premade food, you pushed that argument to it's absolute limit, it's clear you have been hurt by people saying you are lazy for not making your own food.

>baby food
>ramen

neither of these things are even cheap. you could even live off peanut butter sandwiches and oatmeal for cheaper.

I wouldn't call them "good" but man I am a huge sucker for those El Monterey chimichangas/burritos/etc. They just hit the spot sometimes.

Is this copypasta? If not, what the fuck.

What about those precooked cheesestakes or sirlon burgers? i tasted those and were decent.

Pic Related is about 90% of my diet.

Don't boil ramen just mash it down into a bowl cover with water and microwave for 3-4 minutes.

I don't need to boil ramen for that long. I don't actually boil the ramen. I get the water to a boil, then remove it from heat and immediately pour it over the noodles. Ready in about a minute.

Totino's party pizzas are life for me sometimes.

I really like those little breakfast bowls you microwave for 3 minutes and are done with too. Pretty filling for 3 minutes.

Only prepackaged foods I can stand to eat are random thai or chinese language ramens from the asian grocer, and cereal. There's some sort of shrimp and spicy vermicelli instant ramen in thai that is amazing.

I tried leanpockets and those frozen one-serve pasta dishes. They were both fucking awful. I'm dreading to have to eat the other leanpocket. Takes like greasy cardboard.

Those stuffed chicken breasts can be fucking delicious.

Honestly, all of these are surprisingly good, especially pic related (the roast is overdone, but the jus is awesome):
hormel.com/Brands/Refrigerated-Entrees.aspx

Tony Romo's has some great bbq in a dish like these.

The sides in a tub (like mashed potatoes) are generally pretty damn good too.

this

Handfuls of oats