Just read this for the first time. This book is really fascinating has anyone else heard of it?

Just read this for the first time. This book is really fascinating has anyone else heard of it?

non, je seulment connais «L'Étranger». C'est le meme or non?

what does this mean? sorry I don't speak french

Finished it yesterday
I didn't like it.

faggot

pretty interesting though, huh?

Stop memeing you asshole

why are you calling me that I just want to talk about this pretty interesting book I just finished, have you checked it out?y

what do you mean by that?

Are you racist against sandniggers or something OP?

Keep on reading Camus. He's an interesting fellow.

pretty interesting guy huh?

what the fuck is making you say something like that about me?

Get rid of the trip.

why I am trying to make discussion?

I like it.

Someone I know called the protagonist a deeply disturbed man and, by the end of the book, has gone insane.

To me, the protagonist has finally seen the light by the end of the book.

I am inclined to agree fellow I think he only finally becomes sane at the end

One of the funnier books I've read.

It was okay, but the whole premise was sort of absurd.

this thread

Not sure if this thread is irony or satire.

How many levels are you on, user?

haha, but it was pretty fascinating though?

lmao, i thought the same user

what do you mean by that

nice picture, i dont know what you mean, I want to discuss the book

neither does he

very strange of him to post something he doesn't understand, don't you think

heh

i know, right?

I haven't. What is it about, op?

He's on so many levels of irony he's become what he's been pretending to be

> or instead of ou
> seulment
>the word order
> no accents on the word meme, meaning he is just meming us

I really like The Stranger by Camus, but I actually prefer his book 'The Fall'. It's basically a monologue, but it's really interesting because it's like a secular version of the fall of man.

Do recommend it.

ta guele, putain

Toi ferme ta sale putain de gueule, OK? Juste chut, tais-toi, ferme la!

>has anyone else heard of it?
Yes--everyone.

It's a decent book, I finished it in high school and was considering reading the Plague back then.

>this fucking thread
10/10, OP

What an absurd statement.

I'm about to reread it thanks to the chill user in the new sincerity thread.

>has anyone else heard of it

No. How thick is it? I get bored after reading 80 pages XD

what the fuck has happened to this board

I heard of it. What did you think of it?

I considered Meursault to be a pretty chill guy living a pleasant life until the kebab removal scene.

Does that mean I'm autistic or something?

The same shit that happened to all the humanities: postmodernism

It was positively absurd.

/r9k/ and other miserable fat teenagers who had their taste insulted over the past couple of years

Same here. I was pretty on board with his behaviour and life choices right up to that. Didn't find him 'strange' or disturbing at all.

I thought it was a pretty good allegory of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

So what is the point of this thread?

both are accurate

but people are just having fun

There is always A Stranger thread, and it is either filled with pseudo-patricians who shit on Camus because he isn't obscure enough and/or people who fail to understand the book at all. He is probably wondering if the thread is satire because it's so hard to tell when people shit post about the book because it seems to be a book that drops lits IQ by 30 points anyway.

Merseault is completely disinterested in everyone, including his mother, and possibly even himself. The problem is I don't think he's entirely wrong.

Anyway, killing the Arab just helps push the story along to seeing how he'll respond to his own impending doom.

it's about a guy who i think kills his mom but others are suspicious of him and he tries to avoid getting caught

nope just want to have an enlightened discussion about this book that I read since all of my friends will refuse to read it

I will check it out, thanks user!

haha just wanted your guys's opinions

i was considering this as well

haha, keep going, it gets good!

Ok, I have a fascinating question for you guys about this book, please feel free to discuss this everyone:

Ok, how do they finally figure out that the guy killed his mom? What tips them off that he did it.

Discuss.

oui, c'est le meme

Is this a meme? He didn't kill his mom. What. My meme levels are off the charts.

I love memes xD

ils me appellent maître de memes

The Arab told them that he murdered his mom in his dying message. Reread the chapter OP.

. . . ça me hérisse

I completely agree with Merseault In the shooting scene. I live in Florida and the heat + sun can just fuck your shit up until you reach a breaking point

the heat can make you do crazy things

why do people even live where it's hotter on average than 25 in the summer and colder than -15 in the winter

holy fucking lmao this thread

I just started lurking today and what the fuck

Is this summer? Will a veteran il/lit/erate explain?

non, c'est pareil mais plus pauvre.

la langue des grenouilles

it's satire.

oui, c'est la meme.

is that why you lads have all that weird news?

>it's about a guy who i think kills his mom but others are suspicious of him and he tries to avoid getting caught

I watched the moive. It's a trash. Slice of life of an autistic guy. Very boring.

I also completely agree with Merseault In the shooting scene. I live in Europe and the North-Africans can just fuck your shit up until you reach a breaking point

>

How much of an influence Kierkegaard was on Camus?

Camus is like a Chad Kierkegaard without the genius.

>it's about a guy who i think kills his mom but others are suspicious of him and he tries to avoid getting caught
Wow, that's a very interesting interpretation. I never thought of it like that before. Does that mean his time at the beach was actually a flash back and the Arab was actually his mom? Never knew that this book was so deep.

>completely disinterested in everyone, including his mother, and possibly even himself
>tfw I know this is supposed to be wrong but I can't feel anything but vague relation to Merseault

I believe it is underestimated

Disinterested means you're not thinking about yourself. Uninterested means not interested.

I shouldn't have to post this on a literature board on the Internet.

Ceci n'est pas une meme

Well memed sir.

France est un mème

We read it in high school and two of my friends said i was just like Meursault

haha this thread, i'm in tears

Imaginary friends, probably. Fucking faggot.

Is this pronounced 'mehm' or the usual way in english?

Oui, on le prononce "mehm". Bravo, user, tu as une connaissance extraordinaire de la prononciation de la langue de Molière !

How does that make you feel?

Meursault did nothing wrong.

He was being a good bro that's all.

Categorizing Mearsault as sane or insane is by default a silly interpretation of the book

Stranger and Punishment

TEST

Yes he did. The prosecutor clearly proved it.

fuck off pierre

Read the myth of sysifus.

you watched the wrong one