Can you guys give me your BEST variations of meat ball subs?

Can you guys give me your BEST variations of meat ball subs?

Eataly has a pretty good one on Fridays, I get it about once a month

It's pretty hard to fuck up making a decent meatball, provided you know how to procure a good sauce. The secret is the bread - French is good but it needs to be crusty, and have lots of the soft part inside (to hold all that sauce and hot meatballs with crumbling into sogginess). Broiling the bread with cheese before you put the meatballs in will help with that.

Use venison meat. That's the only way to improve meatballs on a roll.

jimmy johns subs are mostly shit but I like using their bread for making meatball subs at home. put mozzarella and parm on top and broil that shit.

Aldi has organic ground beef if anyone out there cares about the dead animals they eat.

>Eataly
omg, I went there, and what a huge disappointment that was

I always add rosemary to my meatballs. I find the earthy aroma really complements meat more than any other herb. Finely chopped or minced pancetta is also pretty good.

From bottom to top:

Split Italian sub bread
Sliced provolone
Pipimg hot meatballs in red sauce
Parmagiano Regiano, finely grated
A little dried oregano
Red pepper flakes

Wrap tightly in parchment paper and let rest for 5 minutes so the hot balls of meat melt the provolone

Serve with a small Greek salad and cold beer.

I've always hated subway but their meatball sub is one thing that keeps me coming back.

Can you actually get bread from there?

Yeah they sell fresh loaves and day olds for less $$

You seem to know what's up.

Use crusty, Italian hoagie rolls, brush with butter, broil a couple minutes to toast.

Use olive oil and tomato paste as your tomato sauce, base.

Use slices of mozzarella or provolone cheese.

And most importantly are the meatballs...never use breadcrumbs. Start with 1 loosely packed cup of white bread, torn in pieces, with crusts removed. Mince 1/3 cup of onion, per pound of ground meat, and let the bread soak up the onion's juice, then proceed with your favorite, ground meat(s), Italian seasoning, grated cheese etc. Make meatballs a good heaping tbsp size. Use 11/2 tbsp olive oil in pan to sautéed balls, brown, but do not cook the whole way through, as they will finish in your sauce for a good 15 minutes.

how bout I put my nutz between two breads and u eat that

Balthazar's potato roll in NYC is hands down the best meatball sub bread ever.

Go to dis place here.
Accept no substitutes.

Johnnies is good too

UUUUUUUUU

There's an Arby's like 30 seconds walk from me that I saw has 2 for $6 meatball subs. Anyone had theirs yet? I sometimes wander over there if I'm drinking or feeling particularly lazy. I actually like their philly cheesesteak equivalent and their fries are awesome, so I'm curious about their meatball sub.

my face when

i agree

That building is tight as fuck

It's okay

Cool, thanks for the input. Might be worth wandering over there one drunk night. At the very least I get some kickass fries outta it.

Just dump loads of cheese on it and you'll be good