Amerifat here. I haven't experienced too many dishes outside of the usual Mexican, Italian, or Chinese...

Amerifat here. I haven't experienced too many dishes outside of the usual Mexican, Italian, or Chinese. Can you non Americans do us a favor and post some of your favorite recipes that you think have ingredients we might have here in the states?

I want to start learning to cook new things and this would really help. Plus it might help us all to get to know each other a bit better.

These threads always degenerate into tendies eating manchildren who think that "authentic" means "gross"

In all seriousness the best and easiest cuisine to try to emulate in America is French. As long as prepared foods aren't a requirement (like certain sausages), it's pretty easy to get right.

Actual authentic is not what the retards on here think it is. Fried scorpions and mystery meat is authentic Chinese for example, not the cherrypicked images you always find on here.

Yeah and HFCS and pink slime are authentic amerifat, hyuk hyuk

Can we move on now or are you just going to hang out all night shitting up the thread?

OP here. I never used the word authentic. Just to be clear, this is not an "authentic" thread.

It's implied by your mention of ingredients available in the States

That does not imply authentic. Also, I'm looking for recipes from countries outside the US and other countries mentioned. Please read the original post before replying.

OP, what city are you in? Just hit up Yelp, pick a cuisine and go to a well-rated one.

I want to learn to cook more, not just eat more.

You would do better experiencing it from someone who knows the flavors, and then later trying to emulate them.

But how can you not see that it does? You can make a recipe with substitutions, and then it's not authentic. Or you can pick one for which substitutions are not needed, because you can get all the ingredients here. That would be authentic.

I get the feeling you've been bullied by neckbeards into behaving as though authenticity is bad. Authenticity is not bad, user. You had the right instincts.

holly shit man. Fine, I'll spell it all out in greentext

>be me
>fat lazy stupid shart in the mart go trump Murican!
>tired of the same old things available in th US of A
>curious as to what foreigners are eating
>whats being munched on in some place I've never heard of?
>what can I make that they are eating that doesn't involve ordering shit online

And I never said authentic was bad, I was simply pointing out that it wasn't the theme for the thread.

no it isn't what

yea this.
To build on that; cajun food. Cajun is spicy french-american. It's hard to do perfect but that's anything french. There's nothing you couldn't get outside of the states except certain sausages that might only be from lousiana.

Even further, what's wrong with "american".
meat loaf, tuna melts, hamburger, bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy. There's a lot you could play around with there if you're really just starting to cook.

Thanks. The only two useful comments yet. Holly fuck this board has gone to shit. All I wanted to know is what some guy whos name I can't pronounce made for dinner in some country I never heard of

God you millennials are a sensitive bunch
Can't say authentic, might trigger the flyovers
Can't say black, might trigger the "african Americans"
Can't say white, might trigger the stormweenies
Can't say sex, might trigger the rape victims
Can't say rape, might trigger the MGTOW crowd
Can't say women are people, might trigger the redpills
Can't say they're not, might trigger tumblr

Can we rollback the last couple decades worth of babies and just try the entire generation again? DBCC has detected severe consistency errors.

I just posted about it in a different thread but you could consider kedgeree. It's basically fish curry There a lot of Indian things that are damn good. Also worth considering is Thai food, similar to Chinese but also quite different in flavours.

An underrated choice would be traditional British food. Meat pies and pasties, or things like shepherd's pie.

Posted about it recently (yesterday or the day before), but this is as good a time as any to repost about it: hagymás rákragu es puliszka (hoh-djyee-mahsh rahk-roh-guu ehsh puu-lis-kah literally 'onion prawn stew and grits/polenta), which is Hungarian style shrimp and grits.

Authentically, it's made with European river prawns, but in the US, I make it with crayfish, which is a very good substitute. In lieu of crayfish, you can use shrimp so long as they have their heads. You'll need them to make stock.

All you need is the prawns, lard, onions, carrot, celery, salt, wine, paprika, cornmeal and parsley.

Traditionally, it's made 'half-sweet' where half the paprika is the mild sort and the other half is a mix of other varieties of generally pungent/hot paprika.
In the US, you can use sweet paprika, fine cayenne powder and, believe it or not, chipotle powder to mimic the taste of the variety of paprikas used in making the dish authentically. There are literally dozens of varieties of paprika in Hungary and the US seems to sell only two Hungarian-style paprika varieties. The rest are all Hispanic sorts, which aren't quite right.

With such few ingredients, the right technique is very important. First, make stock from the prawn heads, claws and carapace, then poach the prawn meat in the stock, then remove them and set aside.
Next, caramelise the veg in the lard using the wine then add lots and lots of paprika.
Add the stock to cover then, once boiling, reduce heat and allow to simmer until reduced to right thickness; meanwhile, cook the cornmeal in any leftover stock + water and stir in parsley at the end.
Finally, once the ragu is reduced enough, add the poached prawn meat and stir to warm through and serve up.

Pretty simple and very delicious. Takes about an hour, though.

it's ok gramps, we're cutting SS as soon as we get someone in office.

I do like a good shepherds pie. Maybe I should try more British food.

side note, I like to make a biscuit crust for the bottom of my shepherds pie. Also, when I reheat leftovers, I splash a good bit of hot sauce on it.