Why do most americans drink the hell out of iced tea but never touch the stuff if it's warm?

Why do most americans drink the hell out of iced tea but never touch the stuff if it's warm?

Because that's the correct way to do it.

I disagree. Much better then coffee imho.

Why the hell would you drink a hot liquid if you live in a hot environment?

ding ding ding "lol why dont you drink hot drinks when its 103 degrees out?!"

This.
Ice cold chicken soup is amazing.
t. Canadia

A/C is a thing?

People generally leave their houses throughout the day.

Only the south drinks iced tea because it is hot and they are basically British.

Most of the south is too poor for that.

I prefer to keep my room a roasty 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

I find iced tea disgusting without sweetener, and with it. Hot tea is great with or without it, but I prefer it without it.
Coffee on the other hand is great iced and hot, light or dark.

We don't drink the same tea. Our hot tea is meh, and iced tea is better.

>putting sweetener in iced tea

I don't drink iced tea. Relax.

actually its a common practice in very hot countries. ever wonder why tea is so common across the middle east, central asia, India and China? its just a flavor additive for their hot water.

i went to Uzbekistan a few years ago and they rarely ordered cold drinks (even though most places have refridgeration). every meal on 100+ days started off with tea or just hot water, they felt that drinking cold stuff cooled off your body and just made the heat difference all the more obvious and unbearable.

Thank God the world isn't depending on the geniuses in China, India, and Uzbekistan

Sweet tea is just that dummy. He didn't say artificial sweetener you idjit.

I didn't say artificial sweetener, either.

just you wait roundeye...

Well that's jus silly and not true.
I start off every day with a big pot of HOT assam. If I don't drink the whole pot, I'll put it in a little pitcher in the fridge and drink it iced later on. Tea is tea, and tea is wonderful, whether it's hot or iced, and most americans who like tea like it both ways. I grew up in the South, and was drink tea (hot and iced) from the time I was maybe 4 or 5 years old. It IS the beverage of choice, besides good, clean, cold water.
Hot tea every morning, iced in the afternoons (during the summer, anyway), hot tea all day in the winter, and pots of hot tea and pitchers of iced tea at every holiday or other gathering.
>mfw samovars of tea 'erry where growing up

Not American, but the same is true of my country. Hot tea is rare, but iced tea is super common. Hot tea with lemon and honey is given to people who are sick, so many of us associate hot tea with illness. For this reason, the majority of us avoid it.

Don't know if the same association is made in the US, but I know that many Americans do tend to drink hot tea with honey when they're sick, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of it.

Americans, please confirm or deny if this association holds true in your culture, thanks.

Lol
Fuck air conditioners, why stay comfortable when you can just be uncomfortable all day long

>Why do most americans drink the hell out of iced soda but never touch the stuff if it's warm?
>Why do most americans drink the hell out of iced water but never touch the stuff if it's warm?

It's just a preference. Why the hell do so many people have trouble understanding that different people from different places like different things? My mother only drinks warm soda and I'm sure somewhere out there are people who tolerate drinking warm water.

It's kind of the same. Hot tea with lemon and honey is like a cold remedy. Hell thats pretty much the only time I drink tea. Plenty of people drink hot tea regularly of course. My dad's side of the family drink various kinds of hot tea all the time. My mom's side lives in Tennessee and overwhelmingly drinks iced sweet tea. Hot tea has kind of a cozy image associated with it, like hot cocoa or apple cider. Whereas iced tea's is more cool and refreshing.

Something similar with soda, my dad refuses to drink white soda (like Sprite and Sierra Mist). He calls it sick soda because it's a common practice to drink it when you have a stomach bug and I guess he just has a negative association with it. Whether it's warm or cold, bubbly or flat I think depends on the individual family.

American here. Hot tea with honey or hot chamomile tea is pretty much a common thing for the flu or a sore throat. Most people would just drink ice tea. Maybe more people would drink hot tea during fall and winter.

>Warm soda

You mean like room temperature or like microwaved?

Room temperature, but that varies on how hot that environment is. A bottle of soda left in a car on a hot day is going to be different than than one sitting in an air conditioned kitchen. Not that that will stop my mother from drinking it.

I guess it's not impossible for someone to enjoy hot soda though.

I barely drink soda and when I do, I don't care if it's ice cold or room temperature. The bubbly fizzy feels refreshing enough.

Room temperature is usually around 70F but its definition varies. It isn't literally the temp of a room.

I need soda to be cold. Occasionally after eating something cold like ice cream I'll take a big gulp of warm soda. I like the fizzy contrast between the two, but that's pretty much the only time I tolerate it.

Well then whatever the current temperature of the environment is.

that...sounds kind of nice...

Thankfully I live near Seattle so year round we have the perfect cozy tea drinking climate.

it's much warmer in the us.

iced tea was popularised in the south.

iced tea culture involved sitting on a porch overlooking your plantation while blacks bring you refreshments.

The antebellum south didn't have ice during the warmer months.

they had vaguely cold tea though...what are you getting at?

It's because it's not acceptable to put 4 tablespoons of sugar into a cup of hot tea, but with iced tea it's more or less the norm.

I'll be the judge of that.

Smells really good, needs something though.

Banana split marshmallows

reminder that neither brits or burgers can into tea

fucking O B S E S S E D

Don't user! Try it pure before contaminating it!