Do people honestly belive that loosing all my extra weight and not being obese anymore will fix all my problems?

Do people honestly belive that loosing all my extra weight and not being obese anymore will fix all my problems?
Just because it's the only problem you see doesn't mean it's the problem that bothers me the most
Diet general I guess

People only care about the problems they see not your inner tirmoil.

*turmoil

It's the other way around for me

if you dont think getting to a healthy weight will solve a lot of your problems, you probably dont know all the negative effects caused by obesity.

Take it to Veeky Forums. We don't hate ourselves over food here. And honestly, you may have a whole mess of problems, but you're here talking about diets, so even you think it's among the worst.

Look, you can still love food. Just be more selective about it and learn to portion. Use a calorie cutting app like My Fitness Pal, and eat under your calculated Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It's not rocket surgery.

It won't even begin to fix what I care about
The problems that bother me the most are the ones i could never fix

>I need an app to not be fat
Millennials everyone....

>We don't hate ourselves over food here
Way to miss the point

Are you retarded or just pretending?

Numbers are the most reliable thing in the world.

Heh, millennial... I wish. I'm just a 40 year old who isn't afraid of technology.

Look, if OP is worried about his weight, he's probably tried every fad diet out there. He has no concept of what he puts into his body. Using an app for a few months to learn what mommy and daddy never taught you is fine. Once you have some idea on what a proper portion looks like you can go back to freeballing.

P.S. You're a jackass.

Stop thinking so one dimensionally.

Theres a whole lot of beneficial character traits that come along with losing weight, aside from actually losing weight and not being a hideous piece of shit that people point and laugh at.

You can develop self-discipline, knowledge of nutrition, knowledge of fitness and many other skills and character traits.
Without a doubt, losing weight and being healthy will help your self-esteem (even if its just a tiny bit), which in turn, will help you resolve your personal problems which no one else can see.

So think about losing weight (and any goal really) as a tree trunk, which branches of into other thing, rather than being a linear thing.

What about what I can't fix?
What about the things I lost?

No, don't take it to Veeky Forums, either. People who like their comfortable ruts belong in /r9k/.

Eat your rice and beans, you are getting cranky

Pretty much this. As someone who's been fat and lost it, I can tell you that the process of getting my shit together and losing weight through gaining dietary knowledge, acquiring cooking skills, learning to exercise, and finally learning to self-motivate were probably the greatest thing about the journey. Those are skills that have made me a better person, and have taught me how easy it is to learn new skills. Sure it's nice not to cart around an extra 140 lbs, but it's even nicer that through exercise, and just being in places where active people congregate, I've made a ton of awesome friends.

Upward cycles, OP. Good decisions beget better decisions. It ends up making every [art pf your life better.

>pay attention to me, I have so many mysterious problems, I'm a tortured soul
>if I say the word 'diet' that will make my pity party board-relevant for sure!!

>having something that can do the math and let you keep track of calories in your pocket is bad because a group of people you arbitrarily don't like might use it
Retards everyone....

>
>>I need an app to not be fat
>Millennials everyone....

You don't need an app to calorie count, but you'd be retarded to say it doesn't make it one thousand times easier.

Generally speaking, you can 'fix' the majority of things within in you (i.e most mental things), its mostly about mindset. Obviously you cant fix things like genetic disease or paralysis.

In regards to things you have lost, you're very vague here, but im going to assume its something very personal like a family member or something. That is very difficult to get over, but the fact of the matter is, everyone experiences loss, you have to get over it eventually and realise that there is a positive side to loss and change. You have to use these experiences to grow and strengthen yourself.
Im of the firm belief that some of the worst expereinces give us the biggest opportunity to better ourselves. Again, its all about mindset.

I really hate this keyboard...

Anyways OP. Have you considered therapy? Most therapists are so into hugbox philosophy that unless you mention your weight as a concern, they won't bring it up. If you decide it is a problem you want to tackle, then bring it up.

Also, delete this thread before a janitor does. it has so little to do with food.

If I can't fix the things I want to then there is no point in fixing anything.
At least someone listened once

Good attitude. There's only one answer. You know what you have to do. Be considerate abut whoever is going to have to clean it up.

Or you could nut up, and fix the shit in your life you have control over, and learn to live with the shit you don't. Again. Therapy can help if your hole of self loathing is too deep. If you aren't willing to pursue the available options, then stop inflicting your little bitchitude on others.

You sound like you're about 15 years old going through and angsty phase.
Ill give you a life lesson, try to think more about things that you CAN control rather than the things you cant.
Fix the things within your life that is within your capacity to fix, and the unfixable thing will look much smaller and you wont think about it as much.
I dont know why im trying so earnestly to help a stranger on Veeky Forums, but its probably because I feel I could so easily have been a low self esteem, pavement staring twerp like yourself.

Pick a goal and follow it through ASAP, or risk being a miserable piece of shit forever.

>fix all my problems

Of course not. But not being a fat disgusting slob with zero self-esteem who feels like shit mentally and physically and who would rather just stay home and get fatter rather than humor all them phonies by going outside and making an attempt at bettering yourself is complete, and obvious utter self-deception... blah blah blah.

I wish I could shove food down my face all day to hide from my problems. Instead I'm an alcoholic and feel like shit if I come close to over eating. You have it good, OP, and am probably healthier than me. If I could stop drinking losing weight would be a fucking breeze; just stop eating, dumbshit. Food isn't a real addiction.

>telling someone with self-esteem issues and depression to go to Veeky Forums so he can be bullied about his weight
Don't ever post again!

That's what Veeky Forums is for, though. They're the biggest group of fatties on the entire site.

>fit people are fat
I get that a lot of fat people might lurk there for fitness advice but don't be a fool and label the whole board as a bunch of fatties.
All besides the point tho.

>fit people are fat

lrn2 reed

Things I learned today: Lazy people will look for any any excuse to avoid changing their habits and losing weight. Even to the point of considering suicide, because that would be so much easier than going for a fucking walk.

It's like they're holding a gun to their own head and holding themself for ransom.
>YOU CAN'T MAKE ME EXERCISE
>DON'T TRY TO FORCE ME OR I'LL DO IT

>Veeky Forums [a]re the biggest group of fatties on the entire site.
Elaborate. I wanna see you try to dig yourself out of this steaming pile of shit that you created for yourself.

Veeky Forums is actually very supportive of fat people actually trying to change and self improve. The hate is usually only directed at the people who seem proud of being fat fucks.

Not that user, but it's pretty much common knowledge that most of Veeky Forums is completely out of shape and just goes there to feel better about themselves and try to get motivated to start exercising. It's wanna be jocks circlejerking in their make believe bros club. The people who post pics of themselves and have actual experience and knowledge make up maybe 5% of the user base. Is this really news to anybody? I'd wager my left nut Veeky Forums's core user base is in better shape than the majority of people who frequent Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is full of virgins with terrible self-confidence who think that getting ripped will make them miraculously develop a personality along with muscle and women will finally notice them.

>Developing rape muscle just to be noticed
Look at this cu/ck/

>....
wow. fat people will tell themselves anything to avoid getting fit.

you poor soul.

>people who have a fascination with fast food and pizza are healthier than people who work out and see food as a source of fuel for their body
well i guess you won't be needing that left nut anyway so, hmm. nothiong to gain, nothing to lose.

>Veeky Forums's core user base
>fast food and pizza

Try again next year.

>one in a hundred posts isn't about fast food or booze
>those 1% are the core user base

to try is to fail. you must do!

>not using technology to make your life easier

get a load of this ape

oxymoron. the post!

it's your capitalistic addiction to convenience that made you fat in the first place. go for a walk.

this may shock you but women don't like to be fucked by fat guys. maybe it's not everything but you increase your chances 500% by being fit

>muh capitalism

capitalism is the reason you can shit post here user.

Weight links to a lot of issues. I lost 50lbs this year, and saw a lot of results. My sleep apnea went away, I no longer ever have any acid reflux, I no longer have any sensitivity to beef, and with that fat gone my leftover muscles are awesome.

>fast food or booze
>booze

There's a large overlap between the boozers and the industry people, and the industry people are the ones giving all the informed advice to the crossboarders and beginner cooks asking questions about basic recipes, techniques, and equipment. They are often the ones drunkenly cooking and posting elaborate abominations on their nights off just for the fun of it. Where the fuck do you get off lumping them together with the fast food shit posters who contribute absolutely nothing to the board?

use your same logic to determine if Veeky Forums's core user base is exactly how it was described above. i think we're finally making progress here. well done.

I was a fatass lost all the weight and it changed nothing, I was still the same fat person on the inside even though I was no longer fat on the outside.

Wow 500 times 0

I don't really go to Veeky Forums, but I guess I'd concede that, aside from the wildly different posting rate and how that affects overall board culture. If you think the two boards are at all comparable, whatever. I don't frequent any of the actual fast boards on the regular, so in my limited experience they're all pretty much shit.

that's not how percentages work retard

Veeky Forums is literally only good for the sticky. Everyone else is in a huge circlejerk.

Technically it would be six times zero which is still zero.

OP, go watch Gurren Lagann and if that doesn't get you fired up, see a psychiatrist because that's clinical depression.

fuck it. let's fight. macca's car park in ten minutes.

don't pussy out on me!

>gurren lagann

Not OP, but that's one of those shows that I've given half a dozen chances and never managed to make it past the second episode.

Sorry man, as much as I'd love to have a good rumble, I'm cross the pond. I'll fuck with ya when I come back to whales though.

>whales
lel. thread just went full circle. nice work!

Is it that one anime my friend who really let go of himself tried to get me to watch but it was just like watching Naruto all over again?

Well OP, you could try NOT being fat for a little while and find out.

Well you could try NOT being dumb for .. oh wait, you couldn't

You fucking retard it's just like keeping a food journal

>food journal

pfft, millenials

see, young whippersnappers, back in my day, we kept a food wall!

there is a whole layer of society you get access to when you're slim. doors open for you all over the place. no one thinks it's your biggest problem but it's probably the most solvable one.

then you should fix the ones you can, retard

It's as good a place to start as any.