Books that leave you empty and make you think a lot about how existence is fucked up

Books that leave you empty and make you think a lot about how existence is fucked up

Gravity's Rainbow

my diary tbqh

American Psycho for sure

best book I never want to read again

Something to validate your feelings?

his diary

>GR
>leaves you empty
>not making you think existence is joyful, tragic, and mystical

learn to read you dumbass nigger

this guy's diary

Anything by Marx.

I hear a lot of people talking about their positive reactions to Stoner. Personally the book really put me in an empty place.

That man's diary

Revolt Against the Modern World left me with an actual existential crisis.

Fuckin' Evola.

>Tfw everything to which I was attached is merely 'bourgeois residue'

Journey to the end of the night
Book of disquiet

Such an insane looking PIC. Really describes how I felt for a while after an ACID trip.

If anyone else relates to this PIC BTW, then look up derealisation/depersonalisation

>tfw reading both of them at the moment
just fuck my life up senpai

Yeah it's not a good feeling, OP pic makes me slightly uneasy.

>existence is fucked up
get over it, learn to love living and drinking. the world is dark and scary? get under your blanket until you get over yourself

Yeah, GR is great for that. It makes me think about how funny everything is and to not take life so seriously.

I've observed that effect in mindfulness meditation. That loop can go on forever.
It's pretty calming to me now, knowing
that the innate self is never to found even
in the intense deconstruction of our existence.

His diary

Blood Meridian.

It's so hopeless and dark.

I feel like that whenever I do well in social situations I'm anxious over. Once I get into them, regardless of whether I do well or not, mostly when I do alright, it's like OP's pic and when it's over I can barely even remember what happened. I've had exams like that as well, I've practically forgotten what grade I got right after I left the room. Both exams that went shit and ones where I aced. It's an abstract kind of feel.

Babby mode, but 1984

My Twisted World

How can it be hopeless? He's still dancing out there somewhere.

:^)

That's what scary.

Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo

it's all just shadows dancing on the wall, senpai

faulkner