Iwl thread

iwl.me/

>I write like a woman.

this can only mean i will be successful when i finally write my breakout novel right?

only if you use a female pen name and send the publisher your photo in a dress

i get somewhere between steven king and margaret mitchell for my fiction, go figure

Edgar Allan Poe. I don't know how I feel about that. I don't think it's a good feeling, whatever it is.

This is from some shite uni essay i had to do about the role of education in society

I suspect this tool is rather limited. For a fiction entry of mine it said I write like Poe, and for a non-fiction entry it said Poe again.

Then again it's possible my fiction and non-fiction styles are more similar than I think, though I have tried to develop multiple writing styles...

Breddy gud desu

Also bumping so I can see some tryhard get DFW

this tool literally spits out like 10 names.

I'm not complaining.

Yeah I figured. I wonder how hard it would be to increase the cachet of authors for comparison. I mean, I'm not a programmer but I can't imagine it would be more difficult than just copy and paste. The statistical framework for processing text is already there (let me guess, Markov chains?), this is just laziness. Unless, in fact, the statistical framework is itself relatively weak.

>let me guess, Markov chains?

let me guess, it sounds smart

I'm also Margaret Mitchell. Sounds a little fishy.

Also I'm pretty sure this is 90% word choice. You can feed it blocks of keywords to get the author you want.

damn

I'm sorry.

Interesting

Is... is this a good sign?

I haven't even read any of his works.

Ayy

Looks like I have to kill myself

>Wilde
Feels bad.

I put in a uni essay as well and also got lovercraft, weird

Did this three times with different texts. I got Harry Harrison (a blog post), Stephanie Meyer (a poem) and Leo Tolstoy (a post on Veeky Forums).

This makes me think I should stop writing poetry in any form and focus fully on shitposting the chins.

>shitposts like Tolstoy
Impressive.

Nonfictional essay on why affirmative action is bad: Margaret Mitchell

Fictional postmodernist Veeky Forums meme novella: Margaret Mitchell

What?

I've never heard of Margaret Mitchell before.

huh

>Vladimir Nabokov

I know it, bitches.

holy shit I have to start reading Boing Boing

According to this I wrote like a genre pleb.

I submitted two of my WIP and got two different results.

hey i recognize that name. He wrote "Make Room! Make Room!" which is the book the soylent green movie was based off.

DAVID FOSTER WALLAACE

This website is fucked.

I got James Joyce and told all my friends and relatives about it

OK

Looks like i have to finally put an end to this train wreck

Someone try writing two pages of "and" and see if they get Bret Easton Ellis.

I did that and got Mark Twain