What are some relatively simple recipes that are bound to impress normies?

What are some relatively simple recipes that are bound to impress normies?

Quiche! Pie crusts aren't very hard to make, and you're literally filling it with scrambled eggs, but doesn't it look pretty?

Soufflés. Easy as shit to make but for some reason have a reputation for being impossible.

drunken clams, chorizo clams. etc

pizza, cakes made from scratch that aren't just chocolate or vanilla, any meat cooked well, any comfort food that isn't common in america

Literally anything.

Most people are super shit at cooking and live off or one or two things + outside sources

Just don't fuck up whatever you cook and you're golden.

Boeuf en croute/wellington. Fairly simple and very impressive, even if not done perfectly.

Butter Chicken. Not a shitty allrecipes butter chicken but one with a blended tomato spice base thats sieve'd into butter. Will have restaurant look and pretty seperation of fats/liquid. Piss easy but tastes better than restaurant.

Also chef John's lobster Newburg was easy to do and would be sure to impress

Curry comes to mind. Simple, cheap, and easy, and yet I always get a thumbs up from people I share it with.

HELLO THIS IS CHEF JOHN

pesto pasta is always a nice easy dish

Look up one-pot pastas.

baked salmon

I could eat curry until I'm blue in the face.

How about brown in your pants?

A roast of any kind.
Mornay sauces and their many uses.
Some breads (breads can be deceptive though because while a recipe might be simple, the techniques to get it right might be anything but)

Dauphinoise Potatoes fit that category perfectly. Normies think it's impressive because it's a fancy name, and it's a complete joke to cook.

>fairly simple
>Literally 99% of the time people fuck it up because the moisture from the beef fucks up the puff pastry and makes it soggier than it should be

And no, your shit tier excuse for a "Beef Wellington" isn't part of the 1% where your puff pastry is perfect and crispy.

This. Just pick something and make it really good. Like a pizza but, you know, a really good pizza.

A BBQ, being able to cook 3-5 different meat product perfectly is impressive.

a good bean and rice is good. Really simple but if you do it right..

Alfredo

A medium cooked ribeye finished with butter and Parmesan couscous

it's ridiculously simple to make and always tastes good

butter chicken

Stir fry

Chicken with some sort of sauce on it and twice baked potatoes, don't forget fresh cooked vegetables too.

Looks delicious that bro

anything with truffle,
a real french omelette with pecorino and truffle is done in 2 min and blows normies minds

Pick any braised chicken recipe and apply it to thighs or legs. If you do it a few times you might even impress food snobs. Really hard to fuck up.

Steamed clams.