$30 to last me the week

>$30 to last me the week
What do I buy? I understand beans are cheap and filling, and I do love them, but 7 days of beans will make me smell like rotten eggs.

What is a good, cheap food that doesn't make you fart a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

smittenkitchen.com/2013/01/lentil-soup-with-sausage-chard-and-garlic/
smittenkitchen.com/2007/11/curried-lentils-and-sweet-potatoes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I eat lentils a lot and I don't fart. Beans generally don't make me either, though I eat lots of white/red beans, not baked or refried. If you have the right spices and some stock you can make some delicious stuff.

Chicken breast and the leaked KFC seasoning blend.

vegetables, eggs, and half a sack of rice

Is pork a good substitute?

Chicken makes my farts smell bad

>He doesn't like farting
The fuck is wrong with you?

Coworkers complain about it

Jesus Christ, what do you spend on groceries per month that you have to ask how to live off of 30 dollars for a week. I only spend 50 dollars per month on my groceries. I am pretty sure you have to be retarded at buying and cooking to not be able to live off of that much. Or wherever you are from has such outrageous prices that 30 dollars is nothing.

50 slices of prepackaged boloney
50 slices of prepackaged American cheese
5 bags of sandwich bread
Industrial bag of super cheap no brand chips

On second thought you will probably have enough cash left for the cheapest most alcoholic vodka and some orange drink concentrate

Make vegetable soup with frozen vegetables and lentils
With leftover soup, add more lentils and roasted cubed potatoes until the soup is really thick. Buy tortilla wraps and make wraps. Add rice for more filling if need.

This man is in the right track. Depending on the grocery store you go to, bologna is 99 cents a pack, and they have salami and other variations as well. Here's an essential list to get you started

>3 packs of bologna- $3.00
>3 loafs of cheap bread- $3.00
>1 head of lettuce- $1.00
>1 carton of 18 eggs- $3.00 (depending on location; egg prices vary wildly)
>1 Large boneless roast of your choice- $13.00 (cut small slices, and you'll have a large supply of pork chops or steaks, depending on roast)
>use your leftover money for filler foods or drinks/ snacks
>too ramen is always a good choice too

Carrots, onion, celery, tomatoes, italian seasoning, rice/pasta.

French Onion Soup.
2lb onions, some spices and ingredients you should generally have or can substitute, 1.5l veg stock, croutons made with toast and butter. The cheese and cognac is the only expensive part, but you can try to go cheap on the cheese and skip the henny
If you dont have to buy the spices and flour etc. which you only need little of its maybe 4$ for 6 medium sized servings. And if you dont have such things itll be the same problem with other recipes
Recommend Julia Childs Recipe
It might make you fart some doe but its not too Bad compared to other things

Get a cabbage. Peel off the outer leaves, quarter it, then cut out the core. Slice it into very thin strips. Put the shredded cabbage in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of salt. Now, the salt is kind of important, so make sure it doesn't have an iodine or anti-caking agents. Just plain salt. Mix it up good to distribute the salt around, then leave it be for an hour. An hour later, you'll notice that a ton of liquid was released from the cabbage. Put the cabbage and all of the liquid in to a large jar. You want to make sure all the cabbage is below the liquid line. I recommend a zip lock bag with water in it. Screw on a lid, but leave it loose. You want the CO2 to escape, otherwise the jar could explode and then you've got no food and tons of glass shards. Leave it in a warm dark place. No direct sunlight, no refrigeration. After about 7-10 days, you'll have half a gallon of sauerkraut. Eat the fuck outta that. Should only cost about $4.

>wasting money on snacks and ramen

>$30
>For a week

That should be heaps m8.

Get 1 kg of potatoes, onions and rice. A dozen eggs, 1 kg flour (or more+yeast if you want to make bread) and 1L of oil.

That should all not cost any more than $10, it'll last you about a month and you have $20 left to buy whatever veggies/meat you would like to use to make meals. If you're buying for one you could eat well every day.

When I was a truck driver I ate a lot of peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Wasnt a big fan of fruit spreads. So I suggest you buy all the variety of nut spreads your grocery has. One combination I liked was cream cheese and honey.

$30pw is a little over $130 monthly, so I'll do that, instead.

$ 02.19 one, 42oz cannister of oatmeal (Aldi)
$ 03.80 two, half gallon jugs of skimmed milk (state minimum)
$ 01.99 one, 4lb sack of sugar (anywhere)
$ 05.99 1lb of dried fruit/s of choice (dried fruit/nut store)
$ 06.99 1lb of de-shelled nut/s of choice (dried fruit/nut store)
$ 07.80 two, one gallon jugs of whole milk (state minimum)
$ 01.99 one, 11oz cannister of Maxwell House French roast (with sale, anywhere)
$ 05.00 one, 5.25ish lb frozen chicken (Aldi)
$ 08.97 one, 3lb package of ground beef (Labor day sale, Shoprite)
$ 01.00 1lb beans (dollar store)
$ 04.49 one, 4,5 oz cannister chicken stock powder (Mexican store)
$ 04.49 one, 4,5 oz cannister beef stock powder (Mexican store)
$ 03.49 one, 500ml bottle of olive oil (Aldi)
$ 03.49 one, 10lb package of rice (Aldi)
$ 01.49 one, 5lb sack of flour (Aldi)
$ 01.99 one, 5lb sack of yellow, white or red potatoes (most stores)
$ 01.75 seven, 200g packs of Mexican pasta (Save-A-Lot)
$ 01.98 two, 28oz cans of Hunts tomatoes (Shoprite)
$ 00.49 1lb of baby cut carrots (Aldi)
$ 01.99 18ct eggs (Asian grocer)
$ 04.38 2lbs of fresh spinach (Asian grocer)
$ 12.00 twelve grab bags of vegetables (various stores)
$ 01.49 2oz cannister of good turmeric powder (Asian grocer)
$ 02.09 2oz cannister of good chipotle powder (Shoprite)
$ 00.99 4.5 oz cannister of surprisingly good paprika (Aldi)
$ 00.99 4.5 oz cannister of chili powder (Aldi)
$ 00.99 4.5 oz cannister of cumin powder (Aldi)
$ 02.49 4.5 oz cannister of caraway (Slav grocer)
$ 02.09 4.5 oz cannister of surprisingly good curry powder (Save-A-Lot)
$ 01.29 42 oz bottle of tomato juice (Aldi)
$ 10.00 various, in season fruits (various stores)
$ 00.50 1 head garlic (shop at my corner)
$ 04.47 9lbs onion (most stores)
$ 03.98 1lb of baby ginger (Asian grocer)
$ 00.99 20ct packet of chilies (Asian grocer)
$ 09.89 odds and ends not mentioned here
_______
$130.00

That provides 29 oatmeal/porridge breakfasts with milk, sugar, nuts and dried fruits, 33 cups of coffee with sugar and milk, 14 chicken meals with rice or pasta, 13 ground beef meals with rice or pasta, 8 bean meals with rice or pasta, at least 30 veg-heavy meals with rice or pasta, as well as several other ingredients to supplement your meals and/or to putz about with and/or to just snack on and/or to construct entirely different meals.

This leaves a lot of carryover into the next month, so you'll be spending considerably less than $30 per week/$130 month on food in the long run. You can start buying some fancy shit or a few convenience foods the next month.

>b-but no regular oil
Chicken grease > oil. lrn2render

>rice
>flour
>potatoes
>pasta

Just eat rice every day. Spend the money on more fruits and vegetables.

1 pack of bologna 1 loaf of bread 1 jar mayo, 15 colt .45's enjoy

that's a delicious looking meat....where is that from?

Fuck rice.
Nutritionally deficient waste of money.

>$30 to last a week

Thats more than 3x the budget option. With $30, you can easily get by in a week.

Speaking of egg prices varying wildly, eggs are down to .67 a dozen here.

That list is pretty good but id add in some fruit or vegetable

egg fried rice all day erry day

Holy shit Veeky Forums gets this thread hundreds of times a week. We need a sticky.
Rice, beans, and eggs. If you only got thirty bucks for a week you can afford to be a picky bitch.

Brown rice would like a word.

Buy stuff to make soup. A couple pounds of stew beef, a few fresh carrots, onions, and potatoes, a few canned vegetables (peas, corn, green beans, tomatoes, whatever), some beef stock, and some crackers or bread. A big pot of homemade beef-vegetable will last for days, and is tasty and loaded with protein and veggies.

How are you not able to figure out how to stretch $30/week

>2 or 3 chicken breasts from the reduced price section ($6 max)
>pasta ($2)
>jar of tomato sauce ($2)
>vegetables from cheap China town market ($3)
>a couple scoops of bulk rice ($1 maybe less)
>carton of eggs ($4)
>some sausages or sliced deli meat ($2)
>a couple cheap buns/bagels ($1)

And you would still probably have money left over. If you can't stretch that for a week go to hell you fucking pig.

Chicken breast, bulk rice, bulk dried beans.

Wa la

idk user: $42something on fruits and veg in a month is a pretty high amount, especially since the post says to get "grab bags" which are usually a huge amount of produce for only a buck

plus that $9.89 extra can be spent on fruit and veg if you want

it's a very good list

when in doubt, rice is cheap.

Everyone saying how cheep food is.
In OR eggs are 2 bucks a dozen milk Is 3 dollars a gallon and sandwich meat is 4-6 bucks a package for maybe 20 slices of meat. Cheese is horribly priced as well as produce. I pay 20 dollars just to make spaghetti.

Very well done user.

I'm trying to read your words, but all I'm seeing is a whiny little homo who can't figure out how to shop effectively.
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! milk is $3 a gallon!!!
It's $4 a gallon here.
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! eggs are $1.99 a dozen here
It's the same price here.
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! deli meat is $4 for 'like 20 slices!!!'
I'm assuming that's a pound and that's a damned good fucking price because that shit is $18/lb here.
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! it costs $20 for me to make spaghetti!!!
lrn2shop and it won't.

This. Thought OP was a troll at first, but guess not. I haven't gone grocery shopping in 2 or 3 weeks and am fine. $1 stores always have pasta, beans, microwaveable shit, texas toast, etc for $1 a piece. Jesus christ, $30 is cake unless you live somewhere super expensive.

Hell, you could eat fast food every day easily and still not crack $30 a week. Get 4 of the $5 cravings deal at Taco Bell. That's a day's worth of food easy. Throw a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread and a big pack of chicken drumsticks for like $4 total and you're around $30 eating like a king.

KFC seasoning blend isn't even that tasty. It's the procedure that makes it into something magical.

The part that makes OP extra stupid is that he didn't think location is an essential factor

But I guess he doesn't even realize that different places have different prices
Any attempt to answer without knowing where he lives is rather pointless. Or at least what he spends usually and on what

But OP is most likely an 18 yo student who's on bad terms with his parents for a week and he only has $30 left because he's an idiot

>live somewhere super expensive
Like where? Even Manhattan has an Aldi and several 99ยข stores.

a 20lb bag of potatoes and a gallon of anal lube.

Boy Butter is the cheapest lube I could find. It would be $88.80 for a gallon. That goes over the $30 limit beyond two times over, and that doesn't even include the $5.98 necessary for 20lbs of potatoes. Terrible suggestion, user.

Vitamins, flour, and milk. Roll it all up and make energy balls

Dry beans, rice, instant potatoes , eggs, tuna, ramen, peanut butter, instant oats.

Recipes please?

Easy too for my poor man's inexperience.

get some potatoes, bananas, couple cans of tuna, cheap cuts of meat, and bread. Cheese and rice, as well as sausage, eggs, and milk.
Obviously you stated beans, but you should be able to keep this under 30$ I do it all the time, don't skimp of veg if you can.

smittenkitchen.com/2013/01/lentil-soup-with-sausage-chard-and-garlic/
smittenkitchen.com/2007/11/curried-lentils-and-sweet-potatoes/

Those are my go-to recipes. The soup is fucking cheap, uses water instead of stock and is god damn delicious. The recipe makes a ton too, enjoy with a crusty baguette

The second is a little pricier and more "fall/winter" but it's delicious if you've got the spices.

I also make shepherd's pie with lentils instead of ground beef, but I imagine your budget could spare a little bit for the meat instead. Still, shepherd's pie with frozen peas/corn/carrots isn't terrible.

Forgot to mention chard is extremely optional (use spinach, or just nothing) but gives a good nutritious boost.

I did a regular Shepard's pie and it was great over the whole week, have to do soup too

rice
beans (black / pinto)
chicken
potatoes
onions
chicken

easily under 30

Beets kill two birds with one stone, vegetable and leafy greens. Added bonus is that you poop pretty colors... Borscht is god tier.

OP just buy flour and vodka and fry the flour on a non-stick pan it'll be fine and then drink the vodka.

Yeah...no...I don't get that whole beans make you fart thing.

I eat beans in my meals very often. I fart before I have to shit, that's pretty much it. I don't fart any less when they aren't on my diet.

What beans?

Get top ramen and TV dinners. That shit is cheap, plentiful and you can get a lot for your budget. I personally don't like the bologna sandwich method that others posted. It's good and it works, I just don't prefer it. But you can try that as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you were brain damaged as a child. )-:

What the fuck is your problem, cocksucker?

Oh dear. I was afraid this might happen. I've heard that mental deficients can fly into a rage at the most seemingly innocuous things.
Before you come at me like a whirling dervish of bites and elbows, have some cake. I know retards love cake and it helps calm you guys down.

And this one's got a face on it, too! I know you guys love that sort of thing. (-:

If you constantly eat lots of fiber your digestive system gets used to it and you won't fart. I almost never fart unless I have a #2 ready to drop.

I even ate half of a box of fiber one bars on a dare from my friend. He ate the other half and he was bloated and gassy all day. I ate broccoli and cabbage later that day, still no gas.

>leaked KFC seasoning blend
salt?

i just got 1200g of assorted deli meats for 10 dollars on sale. it was a good deal