Literature people died over

>Be Salman Rushdie
>Be in no Rush to die
>Publish new novel "The Satanic Verses"
>Make one joke about Khomeini on like page 300
>Khomeini gets pissed.
>Khomeini issues Fatwa
>Survive axe murderer attacking you
>Meanwhile the fucking Japanese publisher of your shit gets killed by Muslim extremists in Japan.
>Tfw when you actually live and even get to meet Thomas Pynchon

the Bible

elaborate. This is a thread, not a list, my Veeky Forumstle friend.

>>Be Salman Rushdie
>>Be in no Rush to die

He was in full custody 24/7, everywhere.

It wasn't the joke about Khomeini that pissed the ayatollah off, it was the fact that Rushdie takes a huge steaming shit on islam and the claim that Mohammed is the one and only true messenger of God. With the Satanic Verses, Rushdie basically kicks the table legs away under the islamic fundamentals.
And that created a butthurt more intense than Mohammed cartoons will ever be capable of generating.

oh yeah, no doubt
But this thread is about literature that people died over (the Japanese publisher in this case. Which Muslim extremists attacking anyone in Japan just seems odd to me) not whether Rushdie is actually badass or not

Not him, but if there's one book in human history that answers OP's question without elaboration, it's this one. However, the answer to your request is twofold. First are the believers who have been martyred for their faith over the centuries. Second are the unbelievers who died during the Crusades, etc. for their lack of faith.

Lots of people were also killed in riots because of the fatwa.

das fuk up meng

Wow, that's the only picture I've seen of Rushdie where he doesn't look really smug.

he still looks pretty smug tbqh

you could probably say this about pretty much any major religious or political text though
mein kampf, the communist manifesto, the quran, the bible etc etc etc

pic related, a very recent example

He's like a walking incarnation of Pepe

That's the thing though, S.V. wasn't a major text. It was a novel. Are there other examples of novels "subversive" enough to really piss folks off?

I'll second this

I want someone to draw a Rushdie Pepe looking on smugly from behind a couple of body guards as a terrorist murders a Japanese Wojak.

A recent anecdote from a friend:
>be living inna Afghanistan
>live in little isolated village of Christians
>going to visit family in other middle of nowhere village
>be gone a week
>come back to town
>everyone dead
>everything burned
>obvious signs of Taliban
>every Bible and cross in town burned
>decide to leave Afghanistan for America

does he live in a JRPG?

hope he's doing okay, that's traumatic

Christfags BTFO

>you probably caused someones death by putting them in the right place in the right time

burned their faces off

It's okay. God works in mysterious ways.

He's doing alright, it was quite a while ago now. He occasionally gives sermons at local churches in my hometowns, mostly concerning how God got him through it all, but also very subtly pointing out how American Christians are in no way being persecuted.

Shut up, liberal. My tax dollars pay for infant sacrifice and sodomy thanks to people like you.

> be against abortion
> liberal wagecuck with AIDs on welfare gets pregnant

What does the /pol/ock do?

Experience brief cognitive dissonance, mumble 'muh degeneracy,' and then choose their personal preference of death or punishment for the situation

Thanks for the salary bruh.

there's a divide between trad Christians and racial-gnostic eugenicists on /pol/

islam should be banned tbqh

Is this an excuse for a Muslim hate thread? Because that's completely fine with me. I hate Muslims.

>>decide to leave Afghanistan for America
may be he orchestrated it to get the visa out of pity, like informed taliban 'hey guys, we have soooo many bibles in our village' and then went to cry to the use like im a refugee but dont want to flee to india

that definitely reminds me phantasy star online 4

>arrange brutal rape and murder of family to get a refugee visa
D E V I L I S H

I want to buy and read his book in public like I do with all other books but I live on Santa Barbara aka Commie central

You're a fucking idiot

>Rushdie has reported that he still receives a "sort of Valentine's card" from Iran each year on 14 February letting him know the country has not forgotten the vow to kill him.

tfw no pic of rushdie hatefucking with isis-chan