What do add to mac and cheese to make it not so boring?

what do add to mac and cheese to make it not so boring?

i like to add chorizo, but was wondering if you guys had any suggestions, like seasonings etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE
youtube.com/watch?v=xfOtpFb7La4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pride of Canada.

youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE

With one box of blue, I like to add one can of tuna and one can of peas, add hot sauce to taste.

Ground beef. I like it much better than hamburger helper.

for a fiesta add mexican/ taco seasoning to the meat.

You can add tuna. Taste like a caserole. Add mixed veggies if you like.

Hot dogs are also cheap and good.

Chicken isnt so good.
Chilli isnt really good either.

oscar myer got doggies.

Pepper

Old Bay

Here's a show that reviews boxed mac and cheeses. They did a mix in special for the 50th episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=xfOtpFb7La4

Well, what kind of mac'n'cheese are you starting with?

I never liked Kraft Dinner much. In Canada, you can get the President's Choice White Macaroni and Cheese Dinner. It's cheaper and way better. The noodles are thicker and have some nosh, and the sauce is better.

Ground beef is good. I often boil up some frozen veg, add it and a can of tuna. That's yummy, but then it's a bit thin, so I add some cheese slices or shredded real cheese too.

>In Canada, you can get the President's Choice White Macaroni and Cheese Dinner. It's cheaper and way better. The noodles are thicker and have some nosh, and the sauce is better.
Can confirm.

I heard a friend say people sometimes add ketchup to Kraft dinner. Is this true? If it is, have you had it that way, and what does it taste like?

Sweet Peas

bacon

Cayenne, black, red pepper spices, and just a touch of yucatan sunshine.

I've only tried their standard cheddar one. It was kinda shit. Does the extra 20 cents make a real difference?

bacon

Or

Thyme

Or

Smoked paprika

Or

Worcesteshire sauce

when i make blue box, i like to sub half and half, or even cream, for milk. i also add a slice of whatever cheese i have as well. when its all done and ready to serve, i usually stir in an extra pat of butter, in sort of a "monte au beurre" notion.

however, some of the suggestions in this thread sound like good suggestions to stretch kraft dinner into an actual...dinner. i especially think tuna would make a tasty addition, as well as peas.

Stewed tomatoes, it sounds weird but it's so good.

Some people do, user.

Those people are heretics.

What does it taste like?

Like overly sweet spaghetti sauce.

this nigga gets it

Garlic, pepper, hot sauce, broccoli, other suggestions in this thread work pretty well too.

blue food colouring

I would just experiment. Mac & Cheese is simple enough to almost do the flavor math in your head

>ketchup to Kraft dinner. Is this true?
Yes, sadly. That's common in Canada. Ketchup to mac'n'cheese is tasty, but you're just adding sugar to carbs. Kids and Murricans do this. Adults add some veg, meat, hot sauce, extra cheese, or all of that to make it a decent meal.

Adding ketchup to mac and cheese isn't really a thing here in america. Unless you just meant adding sugar to carbs, because that is definitely a thing here.

> only tried their standard cheddar one.
user, the PC White Cheddar is a thing of beauty. Try it once and you'll be thankful. Use butter, cream instead of milk, add a cheese slice or some real cheese, and some pepper and/or hot sauce, and you'll be floored.

>Stewed tomatoes
That does sound very good. Adds some nutrients and fibre, and tomato flavour without using ketchup.

>Unless you just meant adding sugar to carbs,
Yeah, sorry to generalize. I've only ever seen sugar added to tomato sauce in America. And ketchup on fries is tasty indeed, but same thing. Adding sugar to carbs is a recipe for fatness.

Canadians like their sugary ketchup, it's a shame really. But as they say, enough ketchup and cheese can save any meal.

I understand, its a weird thing. The only odder thing I have seen is people just using ketchup and nothing else with pasta. They were asian, don't know which country though.

>ketchup and nothing else with pasta
I see that here and there, and it drives me nuts. It's kids stuff.

I only use ketchup in my meatloaf recipe. That adds a nice bit of flavour and sweetness.

Cayenne

ground beef is a good base you can build on with spices or stewed tomatoes or whatever, it's like ghetto stroganoff

sweet ketchup makes a nice BBQ sauce as well if you throw some crushed garlic brown sugar and liquid smoke into it

>Canadians like their sugary ketchup
No, not all of us here have horrid taste.

Black pepper is a fave of mine. My wife prefers red pepper flakes.

> Ruffles
> Chicken Wings (slice them up first)
> jalapenos
> red pepper flakes
> sweet peas
> carrots

Now mix it all up.
Now eat it.
Your welcome.