Does anyone actually like mate more than coffee or tea?

Does anyone actually like mate more than coffee or tea?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/fe8Si0Z.gifv
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

love it

Love this shit. Would drink it over coffee, but my country loves coffee more than anything else, so I almost never see mate for sale.

coffee mate tastes good by itself but also its a bit to sweet, is this weed?

tea is for faggots from England and old ladies

never heard of it. looked it up. has strong links to cancer.

nope.

Fuck that with a cherry on top!

I'vwe been a coffee addict since I was 16, and the one time I tried that shit left me jittery for 2 days. It also tasted horrible.

I prefer black tea, but mate has more xanthine content so I would rather have that I guess.

That being said I mostly have caffeine pills and the occasional cup of tea.

>the one time I tried that shit left me jittery for 2 days

Really? Mate leaves me feeling extremely calm, almost like a super weak high

>I mostly have caffeine pills
I cringe every time I see you say that. It's like eating an unseasoned steak and then swallowing a salt tablet. If you don't enjoy the flavour of delicious espresso then you may as well just take speed.

Speed is illegal and very expensive

Even the machine is vomiting it up

Yes. But it triggers my tinnitus so I can't have it. Sucks to be me.

This is what I do when I see people drinking mate

i.imgur.com/fe8Si0Z.gifv

>speed
>expensive
6€ per g at the most
more effect per "serving"

Not the guy you are replying to but I lived in a rural community where the prices were close to $400/g if you weren't good friends with the dealer. Dunno why anyone would get mad at people taking caffeine tablets though.

400 for amphetamine not ice?
where you from mate ?

That was lovely

Fucking newfag

lrn 2 upload you stupid piece of shit

I hope someone blows you up

I really like it, and the "summer versión" Terere even more (yerba mate + cold orange juice)
But man... I cant live withouth my tea

caffeine pills are all good, they have their place. You mean occasionally though right? Taking them every day would be ridiculous.

I didn't even know this shit existed

what the fuck!?

>Researchers from NCI (National Cancer Institutes) and Brazil found both cold- and hot-water extractions of popular commercial yerba mate products contained high levels (8.03 to 53.3 ng/g dry leaves) of carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) (i.e. benzo[a]pyrene).[22]

im good

The research is probably true but

> Mate: the most popular thing ik Argentina right next to soccer
> Some brazilian research finds a correlation with cancer

Kek, never change brazil, never change

only applies to smoke-dried mate. the PAH comes from the smoke.

Air-dried mate has nominal PAH levels comparable to coffee tea etc.

Technically speaking it is a herbal infusion.
Since Yerba Mate isn't Camilia Sinensis
Read a book

What a massive pussy

just bought some guayaki loose leaf mate for the first time

anybody have experience cold brewing it? it seems like cold brew hibiscus + mate would be amazing. I usually make cold brew hibiscus with some spices like cloves, cinnamon, and star anise...don't see why i couldn't combine it all together

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)

The first time I heard 'Yerba Mate' was playing ESO and thought it was some made up Dunmer drink

I do enjoy the flavor. I just don't have time.

Some of us have actual jobs.

It takes five minutes to brew it dude. Are you a nurse/doctor or something?

Only if you drink it using boiled water, the rest of south america drink it using between 70ºC and 85ºC

Yes, sometimes I mix burrito and mate and prepare it on a tea pot, then I left it with boiled water during 3 minutes and serve

I remember my mother doing it like that when I was a kid, I believe I must be the only one that do it that way.

>I mix burrito and mate

I love it, but is a hassel to drink with gourd and bombilla all the time

what the fuck?

Smoked Yerba Mate has ties to cancer
Don't get smoked man

No, but I do medical research and often work 60+ hour weeks (I do enjoy things during weeks with less work).

I often work with animals and I don't like drinking a lot of liquid in the morning because then I need to pee more often and its just a waste of time to sanitize myself and everything else just to do it again when I get back from peeling. And I often just can't leave to pee for 3-4 hours at a time.

so put your dick in a balloon and piss in the balloon. you stupid or something?

A friend let me try some mate, fucking awesome, I hate coffee so I'd like to get into it
Question though, is the gourd absolutely necessary or can I just get a bombilla and drink it out of a coffee mug

been using mugs ever since my dipshit shit for brains stepdad ruined my gourd
tbqh i should get a new one tho

You could try mate cocido. Its a variation more like tea

Yeah you could. But there are some silicone mate-gourd really cool and easy to clean/transport

(Dont listen to any hipsters, even here in Argentina we use anything , if no gourd is available )