The CDC defines heavy drinking as 15 or more drinks per week

>The CDC defines heavy drinking as 15 or more drinks per week

Getting a bit of a buzz every night is "heavy drinking".

They are kidding right?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6OaVnbqaY
news-medical.net/news/20160216/Aerobic-exercise-may-prevent-alcohol-related-liver-damage.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/AA/ is that way ==============> you lush

Drinking is supposed to be a social activity not self-administered anesthesia due to one's inability to cope with the stress and demands of life.

My mother is an alcoholic. She cannot cope with the most basic shit.

>Forget to mail a birthday card--get shitfaced.
>Forget to buy a vital ingredient for recipe at the store--get shitfaced.
>Wake up hungover--get shitfaced.

The only advice I can give alcoholics who are unable to get sober is to never have children so that their misery, emptiness, and utter contempt for life is contained within themselves.

I drink basically 2 40ozs of steel reserve a night, and still function fine, hit the gym 5 days a week, work and go to school, never in trouble with the law etc... and im 27 years old.

No that actually is the clinical definition of heavy drinking and leads to many health problems long term.

>It's a "But I'm a high-functioning alcoholic" episode

Don't call me for bail when you drive over a neighbor's kid.

I wont, never have the urge to go out when i drink, when i drink i chill in my room, play vidya listen to music watch tv etc...

So you're not an alcoholic in the sense that it hasn't yet affected your social life.
However your drinking is already affecting your health.

Yes, that's the amount needed to fuck you up medically. Doesn't matter if you can hold your liquor or not

If your life is still fine you should seriously consider stopping now. Stopping with a good life around you is a lot easier.

You can't seriously think you can keep it up for ever and be fine?

I know many people who drink more then that, and professionals who are retired in there 70's and lived a good life. Sure they might die before 82 or whatever but that seems fine to me.

Been doing this for almost 9 years now every night.

2x7=14 so you're just under the heavy drinking limit

is it the same number for men and women?

>2 x 40oz drinks x 7 is just under the prescribed limit

Veeky Forums intellectuals

>Veeky Forums
>intellectuals

1. Maybe they didn't actually drink as much as you think
2. There will always be outliers. People who are lucky with their genetics. And we tend to remember them. That's why everyone has that one great aunt who smoked like a chimney and lived to be 95. Because we don't remember the 15 other people we know who died at 68 who probably could have lived to 85 if they hadn't smoked.

And I've never worked out in my life and I haven't had a single problem caused by that yet. I'm sure that means lack of physical exercise is totes fine, right?

it don't matter

none of it matters

drink as much as you want

>fast forward 25 more years of sustained regimen

Cirrhosis! But I barely even drink! Why is this happening to me?

I workout 5 days a week, plus play ice hockey 2 nights a week.

but I enjoy drinking, life is too short. I could stop drinking, eat nothing but a strict diet, and still end up ran over by a car or some other accident. Point being as long as its not effecting me in the short term ill keep doing it. I dont think id want to live over 75 honestly

Let me translate that a bit for you.

According to medical guidelines the average male maximum safe intake of alcohol on a daily basis is two "drinks". For females the average is one "drink" daily. This average is based on the ability of human livers to process alcohol well enough to not suffer any permanent damage. Therefore, for a male subject, on average a person consuming 14 "drinks" per week is ideally having two per day and thus is a moderate drinker, or drinking in moderation. This is not actually going to apply to every single person accurately, as variation in human subjects would mean some would only be able to have one "drink" a day without harming their health while others could have three and still not be harmed. But the majority aligns to the averages.

15/week by default means you're having at least 3 "drinks" a day on at least one day. Which is in excess of moderate and thus heavy by medical standards.

Don't get too beat up over it.

Kay. That doesn't help you against the effects of alcohol though. It's like saying "Broken arm? But I've always paid my taxes!"
So you're saying you'd literally rather die than stop drinking. You're an alcoholic.

>life is too short but i want to specifically do things that make it even shorter

>and when the end does come I want to be in as much pain as humanly possible, aka organ failure, that not even the strongest narcotics can abate

literally anything can make it shorter, too much red meat, too much a,b,c to not make it sorter you would almost have to be lucky, and live perfect

>to not make it sorter you would almost have to be lucky, and live perfect
Jim Fixx, a cardio exercise icon, dropped dead of a heart attack while jogging and was the absolute image of physical health and healthy living.

He barely beat 50.

Living perfect offers a personal impact not a statistical guarantee.

My point exactly, why not enjoy things? Im not saying be fully joey and be obese but if you can drink and still stay in shape why not

2 40s of malt liquor every night is most certainly not healthy. Have you had blood tests recently?

>military
>huge brief about how more than two drinks a night is indicative of a problem
>and only one an hour
>kek

2×40oz=80 oz
80oz×9%alc =720oz%alc
720oz%alc/5%alc=144oz for a regular beer
144oz/12oz= 12 standard drinks.

They are both higher in alc content and larger. I gave some conservative estimates so its probably a bit lower but still

Likewise, you could go into combat without a helmet and possibly be entirely fine because maybe you're lucky and nothing hits you ever. But you'd have to be an idiot not to realize that you're strongly increasing the chances of you dying early when doing that, and that it's not on the level of "too much red meat"

Staying in shape is not going to protect you from cancer and organ damage caused by excessive consumption of alcohol. You will wish you put it down when you are yellow and bloated.

last time I had a blood test was 2 years ago, I have an awful phobia of needles.

what if you have 8 drinks a day two days a week

Because alcohol is more dangerous than being obese. You're already full Joey

At least drink something that isn't trash

many healthy people get cancer too avoiding so called bad things there whole lives. Life isn't fair.

There is a lot of evidence that long distance running is actually terrible for your cardiovascular health. I remember reading that longevity increases up until people run about 15 miles per week. Any more than that decreases longevity

How you space out your drinks doesn't affect the long term effects much aside from the physical trauma you can get from binge drinking and falling down the stairs or whatever

Ah yes, because the average person has, say 1/20 risk of getting cancer, let's increase our risk to 1/3 it's fiiine we could have gotten cancer anyway

>many people get cancer without doing anything wrong.

>I'll consume large amounts of poison that is known to cause cancer cause of that.

The real sad part is: I will have to pay for your medical bills because of your desire to kill yourself on the installment plan.

the average person. not even obese has awful diets so much more then 1/20. The average person non drinker has vices too, either, soda, pills fatty food etc....

Spacing out his drinks doesn't get him messed up.

So if life longevity is unpredictable then wouldn't it be better to make the most of the time you have by being healthy and enjoying life rather than drinking alone in a basement?

God damn it, that's not the point. The pill popper can point to you and say why should she improve her habits when you're drinking and you can point to the obese person who can point to the smoker. So let's not improve ever until we're literally the sickest people on earth and have no one else to point to.

only if you live in some shitty commie country

What's your point?

>science cant even correctly guess the weather for next week
>think they actually know whats going to happen with our sun in billions of years

LMFAO SENPAI

it's because meteorology is the dentistry of science, none of the good scientists go there

fuckkkkkkkkkkk

I used to kill either a rack or a 5th every weekday and around double that on the weekends.

I am kill?

He should still cut back, but exercise may actually protect his liver.
news-medical.net/news/20160216/Aerobic-exercise-may-prevent-alcohol-related-liver-damage.aspx

you're gonna be fine

you clearly understand the Lorenz effect you scientifically illiterate manchildren

I'm 30 and drink a lot of cabernet sauvignon. I buy 2 big ass bottles every week and normally them after like 2 to 4 days. Is it still damaging to me?

>normally finish them*

Its not like theres some cut off where 3 beers is totally fine but 4 will kill you.
Alcohol isnt good for you no matter what

People who had strict parents who wouldn't even let their kid go outside during the school week or play violent video games normally sound like this.

Yeah it's bad for you. Also, think about why you drink. If it's to manage anxiety, depression, you have a problem. Do you think about drinking when you're not? Do you feel like you need to drink to relax and/or sleep? Does it make you angry/annoyed if you're in a situation where you can't drink as much as you normally would?

don't pay too much attention to the health-freaks, wine is good for you and 2 bottles isnt all that much either. as long as you're drinking quality alcohol, this is the least of your worries, despite what flavor of the month modern science studies tell you

Just eat some fucking grapes if you want the health benefits

Its specific to the grapes on the alcohol dumbass

eating a glass of wine's worth of grapes per day is a good way to die by choking on a grape

Fucking kek dude

I'm not who you replied to but you just described me

I'm about to have my first beer for the day

>no job
>no education
>got my smokes and 40's
>living the dream

I drink one 80oz beer every night and still function fine. I hit people who go to gyms, dont work and decided school is a waste of time. never in trouble with the law....and i'm 61 years old. I think you should mellow out bro,
I love tacos.

>CDC
Who?

Center for disease control

US organization

Oh, thanks.

How relevant are they?

Pretty well respected, although one would normally hear that name tied to research about ebola, zika, etc

Do you hide how much you drink from others? Have you tried to decrease your intake or stop entirely, but failed?
Sounds like you have a drinking problem. Perhaps try to seek help for that, and additionally, seek help for the underlying cause (such as anxiety)

You sound like a grade F pussy

you have
>some health nut young 20-something Zyzzfag
>died from a heart attack

and then you have
>some fat fuck Joey's world tourfag outlives the Zyzzfag
>some shoenice fag consumes bottles of bleach and 80/80 proof alcohol outlives the Zyzzfag

>but you're whining about some that drinks a bottle of wine

>military
Literal human trash.

I drink 20 drinks twice a week. How dead am I?

>Sounds like you have a drinking problem.
sounds like you need to mind your own business. I dont know where you're from but different cultures have different attitudes towards alcohol, and not all of them are >im a huge wuss and cant handle 2 beers, not to mention I want to live up to a 110 years old so I can be an annoying cunt as long as possible

>Anons reaching out to the few fellow human beings who mean something to them--shitposters on a Paraguayan Pineapple Sculpting Forum.

>Concerned over behavior that the overwhelming majority of medical science deem unhealthy and self-destructive

>FUCK YOU, FUCKING IMAGEBOARD SHITS

kys desu senpai

sorry about your autism, buddy

Degenerate self-destructive alcoholics are fine with me
The only ones I absolutely can't stand are the ones who:
Deny they're alcoholics and say everyone else is crazy
Drive drunk
Otherwise, you want to destroy your brain and liver with ethanol, knock yourself out

>desu
>senpai
>kys
Stop using nigger slang and you'll look less of a faggot on here.

epic fucking post

I have french blood a bottle of wine or two every day only makes me grow stronger

My grandpa drank whisky and smoked until his 60s when he decided to quit and he died at 93 from prostate cancer

Is drinking two beers alone every Friday & Saturday alcoholism?

>cabernet sauvignon

Good taste. I myself can do one bottle of claret and sparkling wine per week without so much as a buzz. I just have it with dinner.

yeah your liver will fall out

>he died at 93 from prostate cancer
Probably from taking nigger dicks up the ass

Frogs Go Home

Steel reserve tastes terrible but boy does it work

but his point is that it's his choice to drink alone in a basement just as it's your choice to do what you want to do, how, where etc

double standard stigma

40oz of 8% is not one drink

This so much, most efficient alcohol per dollar easily

>If it's to manage anxiety, depression, you have a problem
It is.

>Do you think about drinking when you're not?
Yes.

Well this made me feel bad, will probably go get some beer to feel better.

Dunno some of the bum wines are lethal.

Mutant here! I have an extra lobe of liver and process all sorts of drugs at a phenomenal rate. It takes me about 1.5L of wine (generally 2 bottles) to even feel the slightest bit tipsy. Also, the CDC has been known to greatly exaggerate numbers on issues that seem to arise in America. I trust them on plenty of other topics, but not quite on how readily a person can be called an, "Alcoholic"

How autistic are you?

when my liver fails i'll make sure to get yours

You forgot the part where a pint counts as two drinks

>Anons reaching out to the few fellow human beings who mean something to them--shitposters on a Paraguayan Pineapple Sculpting Forum.

sounds like a whole lotta your problem

doesn't they ALSO recommend drinking two glasses of red wine a day?

who gives a shit