Will I make it Veeky Forums? I feel like I'm so far behind everybody else...

Will I make it Veeky Forums? I feel like I'm so far behind everybody else, I'm a first year chemical engineering student.

I've already self studied these classes on my spare time however I still feel shaky with Linear Algebra. What can I do to prepare? I still feel like it's crazy since I'll be attending lectures from 7:30AM to 9:00PM.

And that calculus is a multivariable calculus + vector calculus course condensed into one semester.

I've started on real analysis and tensor calculus however I'm not sure if it'll help much.

>509▶
>Will I make it Veeky Forums? I feel like I'm so far behind ev

Nah man, you need at least complex analysis and reaction mechanisms to get a B in those classes.

Lol, good one OP.

If you think you feel shaky with linear algebra then don't take it right away. You should have some general education type class mixed in with your workload anyway. Plus you probably are not yet used to studying for the amount of time necessary to do all those classes in one semester. It isn't necessarily that you can't so much as you shouldn't in your first semester. You also will need some time to socialize with your peers so you have people that can fill you in on a lecture you had to miss or tell you about a particular professor's teaching style so you can know how to adjust your studying before the first exam.

Are you telling OP that you think this is possible? He's taking 23 units.

As a bio major, this seems like she/he's overdoing it.

Assuming a unit refers to the standard imposed by accredited American universities, then you're going to fucking die.

Who the fuck let you sign up for 23 units?

Don't worry about being behind. Worry about actually getting your education. Employers aren't going to care if you took 4 years or 6 years to graduate. Shit happens.

As long as you're meeting the requirements of your major (i.e. pass this set of classes within 2 years), you're doing fine. Make sure that your GPA remains above 3.5. This is more important than graduating in a reasonable amount of time.

>I'm a first year chemical engineering student
Then that's a stupid schedule. Take the minimal courseload to keep up with requirements and keep yourself interested. Be anal about studying/problem sets and ace everything. Maybe mark out some time for an extracurricular. Use that plus your high GPA to acquire an internship or summer research gig. This will get you paid and make you more employable than most of your peers. Unless you're planning to take a semester off (work or study abroad), or doing a 5-year bachelor's-master's, there is very little point to loading up on classes.

That is what you should do as a 1st year.

I had the same schedule last semester but instead of o chem I had engineering statics and technical graphics, so I guess mildly easier

It was fine, it just meant I did school work every day, for the majority of my day. Wouldn't have been fine if I had to work full time. I also don't play video games or drink, so there's that.

anyway, 23 credits is absolutely do-able if it's all lower division undergrad classes and you focus on school

>Hyman hall
oh goodness

Well, I've gone through lectures of all these classes on the past year and I still have another four months to prepare for these classes so if given the proper time, do you think it's at least possible?

I don't mind working a little bit more than others since I'm used to doing my regular classes plus studying for six other classes I don't take usually (given that they give no extra homework, tests, etc).

But I'm just wondering if anybody in Veeky Forums has done something like this since you're all super smart. I'm average but I have a strong work ethic.

If 12 units is a full time student, most people take 15, assuming that the classes correctly represent the workload typically expected of the unit count (many lower division science classes greatly exceed this)

My suggestion to you is that you prioritize your sanity and your GPA over your course schedule.
The attention given between a 3.0 and a 3.5 is immense, and you have to assume that your competition will also have extracurriculars on top of their GPA being better than yours (regardless of what it is)

>5 credit classes
>diff eq start time at 7:30am

ur a fucking newb

kill yourself

23 hours is doable if you're used to that kind of workload

It will destroy OP as these are by far the most difficult classes he's had so far

I made a similar mistake to the one OP is making cause I coasted through everything up to that point and managed a 4.0 without doing any work outside of class
Then I dove headlong into a similar course load as OP's and it cost me a semester cause I got behind early and wasn't able to recover so I dropped before my GPA could take a hit

>22 credits
What the fuck nigga.
This is not normal or healthy. Why did your advisor even let you sign up for that as a freshman?

Considering a degree typically requires 120 or 125 credits you only have to take 15/semester. This is your first semester, don't bite off more than you can chew. Chemistry and physics classes will generally take a up lot of time too.

Physics especially if you actually want to learn the concepts and not just learn which equations to use for a given problem

What if I've been studying these courses a year in advance though? As in, I took online courses and read the book used in the course? I can still go through problem sets before I even take the class; the thing is.. I'm not sure how heavy the workload will be if it's 5 classes. Like I said, the only class I'm meh with is proving certain statements in Linear Algebra and probably inverse lapace transforms and series solns in differiential eqs.

You're setting yourself up for failure

Dude, let go of your fucking ego.

It's 23 units of science and math. You aren't a fucking genius. It's not the material that will bury you, it's the workload. You are going to smoke yourself, fuck your GPA, then move on to the next semester in a poor state and continually fuck yourself. Lecture 7:30am till 9pm? When do you expect to eat? To actually study? Each of those classes will require 2 hours of work a night, minimum, and you're taking five of those. Whichever adviser let you do that, they should be shot.

Also self-studying, unless you were rigorously completing problem sets and can walk in and crush a cumulative, comprehensive final TONIGHT, will not adequately prepare you for the workload you've signed up for, especially not if you're at a semi-rigorous university. You're fucking up dude, seriously.

Pretty clear at this point you just made this thread to brag. Go do whatever the fuck you want, doesn't affect me. You asked for advice and got it.

Thank you for the advice, user. I approximately four months to think about whether or not to take these classes. I'm going to do exactly what you said, that is - rigorously complete problem sets in prep for a final. My college is actually pretty piss easy compared to other California colleges, in most of my courses, they even give an insane amount of partial credit and most of the faculty follows the same guidelines so I feel if I don't push myself for that semester, I won't succeed very well for a later transfer, it has nothing to do with ego really. But I see where I have to be now. Good night.

Lower division undergraduate courses are nothing to brag about tho, masood.

A high school kid may think they are

>Hyman Hall
>Hyman

>mfw an ohlone nigga shitpostin in sp

Gonna be posted there this summer for chem 1a. Hope that Voloshko prof is alright.

meant Veeky Forums

desu, 23 are too many classes. IDK why you would take all that in one semester, your gpa is at stake here. Im guessing you wanna transfer to Cal. I would def hold out on linear algebra until spring. It's, uh, different from diff eqs n calculus la.

>lives in SV
>doesn't go to De Anza

SV for silicon valley?

fremont is pretty far away from there la

I guess so

I live in Los Gatos and go to De Anza, I just w-wanted some bros