How could a man like Watts, who had discovered such profound wisdom in the East, end up alcoholic again?

How could a man like Watts, who had discovered such profound wisdom in the East, end up alcoholic again?

Drinking is dope

>how could a charlatan have a vice

Self medicating the repressed crippling anxiety that fueled his work

>profound wisdom
>in the east

this

Drinking is really nice. There is nothing finer to cap off the day than a bottle of wine.

I don't get what the problem is, frankly.

you can't become an alcoholic "again" you are one for all times, no matter the amt of meme philosophy you master

Because life isn't some black and white idealism that is easily lived out and people are complex characters.

Nice shitposting vice there, genius.

This. Asia is for anime and sex tourism.

It's not shitposting. The guy was a con artist of "woo".

not just any con artist of woo

he was the BEST con artist of woo

if you think you've nothing to learn from the best con man ever I think you ought to think again, my friend

>It's not shitposting.

LOL

Shitpost if you want - I am right now - but cope with the basic reality of what you are doing.

>watts
>profound

This is just stupid.

I (like OP) found Watts profound at seventeen.

Because he lived in California.

I am not joking. You can't take an anxious Englishman out of england. He was raised in a leafy suburb of kent, it wasn't in him to deal with cowboys and cretins for the rest of his life.

He was a genius of sorts but his life highlights the greatest problem of buddhist practice: how to reconcile buddhism with the reality of Western life. How do you avoid buddhusm becoming untenable with all the anger and jealousy inherent in our society?

60 gorillion times this

You're statement is fairly prolific.

so much fucking this brahs. Fuck the east, full off dumb as commie gooks if you ask me. Pisses me off; food is shit over there too, made for fucking anorexic people.

This, tbhfampai.

Have you ever had a single malt scotch? It's just the best.

>eastern wisdom

>like, just breathe deeply and like, do nothing, go sit under a tree

You could even say he mastered the "woo way".

>western wisdom

>chase money until you die

i'd rather sit and breathe

Really, the idea of any sort of "wisdom" as something to unilaterally follow rather than digest and reject or keep whatever bits of you find meaningful in general is a load of horseshit spun up by mindless plebs who can't think for themselves.

That's why self-help will always be the shittiest, most worthless thing ever.

I live in a world of illusion desu.

Yeah, there was no anger or jealousy in India or Tibet or China or Japan. They were all these sort of dovish quiet chink-eyed peaceful types who meditated when they weren't feeding their chickens.

Europeans will be miserable until they come home to the old gods.

Read the myths, sagas, and histories of your people.

>muh ethnocentrism
Spooky as fuck, lad.

Dude looks like a lady