Strictly book readers need to quit their bitching and fuck off. It is still the number one show on television...

Strictly book readers need to quit their bitching and fuck off. It is still the number one show on television. Just be grateful your book series gets a TV deal in the first place, ungrateful faggots.

>It is still the number one show on television
sadly true

This is the wrong board user, we don't talk about trash here.

"It's popular therefor it's good"
Fuck off

ASOIAF used to be popular before the show, if I can remember from what little lurking I've done back in 2011-2012.

aSoIaF is such an expansive universe. I was really hesitant when they made the first season. Watched it and was hooked. Yeah, there are major changes, but not ever book-to-screen adaptation is perfect.

Other than that, George? Dan? David?

Bunch of Cunts.

they were a vocal minority, now even genrefags think GRRM is a hack.

Bred is Feg

>not knowing Veeky Forums hates genre fiction including ASOIAF
take this to r/Books user

Yeah

gay

This is a public service announcement for all newcomers to Veeky Forums brought to you by a Veeky Forums patrician™. Those of us who have long called this board home have noticed a significant deterioration in posting quality and an influx of plebs in the last few months that within the past week has become acute. We can attribute this to the Katie fiasco making the front page of reddit or one of our top 100 book lists being posted on reddit and getting over a million views or other events but whatever we blame it on doesn't change the facts of the matter which is that plebs who don't belong here are shitting threads up.

Thus, this public service announcement was made for those who are determined to stay even if they are way over their heads. Here are some important things you need to get through your head if you are going to stay and post without being ridiculed. Take notes.

1. Under no circumstances will you ever praise any book taught in a standard high school curriculum as anything but an enjoyable read from your past that you don't care much about now. The vast majority of books taught in high-school are complete pleb shit. The only exceptions to this are Nabokov and Conrad as they are taught at some schools.

2. Genre-fiction is pleb trash and anyone who reads it frequently should be curb-stomped. If you are going to post in bookshelf threads then take your GRR Martin et al., off of the shelf before you photograph it you retards. Don't ever mention genre-fiction unless its in a containment thread specifically for it.

3. Israel did 9/11

4. Don't ever defend yourself by inferring or saying that the person ridiculing you is doing the "stop liking what I don't like". This will instantly reveal you to be a mega-pleb. There is objectively bad literature and roughly 85% of the time people here are being honest with you when they say an author you like is trash.

5. Don't ever bring identity politics into threads on Veeky Forums. We are here to discuss literature and not women or minorities. If you want to have a thread asking about favorite women authors thats fine but don't ever attempt to use "all white men etc" as an argument to detract from something. Also don't ever ask why literature from African authors isn't more popular (its mostly shit). Bringing up identity bullshit needlessly irritates even most left-wing Veeky Forums posters.

6. Veeky Forumss harsh attitude towards plebs and pleb books is a necessary and vital part of the board as it helps maintain a homeostasis of quality by weeding out and discouraging plebs from posting.

7. Anything by Douglas Addams, Harper Lee, Joseph Heller, Vonnegut, Bret Easton Ellis, Palahniuk, or Orwell is complete pleb trash and not to be mentioned.

8. Start with the Greeks

Brought to you by a Veeky Forums patrician™. For those of you who are already patricians™, don't give up hope. For those of you who are newcomers, at least try to make it less obvious.

>be grateful your book series gets a TV deal

Protip: the show sucks ass, and so do the books. Now get the fuck out of my board.

Well that's a stupid outfit. Why do fantasy television and movie costume designers always make such retarded shit? If you're going to rip off the middle ages to make a soap opera at least be faithful to what we know about history.

Either that or grow an imagination and make something actually new and interesting.

lol your autism is really showing.

>Don't ever defend yourself by inferring or saying that

Confusing "inferring" with "implying" is not very patrician.

>starting threads about genre fiction on Veeky Forums like we give a fuck

R E D D I T

PLEASE

GO

The show made the books.
The audiobooks made the books.
The books are shit.

Meh, I don't care. I finished the most recent book 2? Maybe 3 years ago? It's been so long I can't remember, and I never bothered watching the TV series. I've moved on, personally.

>stop liking things i dont like. only my opinion matters. everything i think is absolute and any other opinion is less than mine

autistic fascist pig