Hey Veeky Forums, so I will be a father. I'm actually happy about it, it's going to be a boy

Hey Veeky Forums, so I will be a father. I'm actually happy about it, it's going to be a boy.

My question is, is there any way to groom my child into being a genius?

I am either planning on home-schooling or sending him to a prestigious school (none to be found near me for now) I want to teach him Math from a very young age.

For the record, I am an Engineer and my wife is a Physicist. So I think that the genes are there, and money is not an issue.

home-school the kid, definitely. Schools, however prestigious they are, are really slow when you're just too good. You run the risk of your kid becoming "mediocre" (when compared to other kids in his school at least).

Encourage him to make friends of course, but that shouldn't be the criterion for choosing how to educate your kid.

Don't be the asshole who forces their child down a certain path in life.

spoken like a true lib arts major

do it early. dont overload him or he'll lose interest. make him think instead of giving him the answer. give hima bunch of options in science to see what interests him most.

This

He'll hate you for it. Boys are particularly stubborn and resistant to overbearing parenting.

Or math major. My parents tried to force me away from STEM.

>Engineer
>wife

Oh.
Well you should have listened

I see, this is rather good advice. I might end up just home-schooling him, maybe try to get him into sports later on.
I won't force him on anything, I want to give an example and let him live to his own potential. If after all I do he ends up majoring in whateverthefuck non-stem shit he wants, I'll let him do it. It would be his choice, BUT how I raise him is MY choice. And I want him not to be raised into a complete retard like most of my colleagues' sons are.

Pro tip: don't homeschool your kid past the 5th grade

You'll cripple him socially if you don't give him some way to make friends and no matter how smart he is he won't be able to be successful if he is a stuttering neet with crippling social anxiety

OP is obviously a fat lesbian.

If you have money send him to Trinity School, Horace Mann, Phillips Academy Andover or some preppy rich school. This will increase his odds of getting into an elite school.

Montessori schools seem like the best option for giving your kid the drive to become happy and successful

in order for him to take advantage of the Montessori school at a pace that'll be effective you have to raise him in a way that he's anxious to find out more as soon as possible, if you want to know how to do this e-mail me at [email protected]

you can e-mail me from a spare e-mail using a proxy if you're concerned about being hacked

>I am an Engineer and my wife is a Physicist

A tale as old as time itself, the glorious engineer with his massive fuck tool drills into the poor physicist's tight holes, as it should be.

>Every physics fag confirmed for future boipussy for engineers

My advice is, do NOT make him a math autist from an early age. Try to impress him with your knowledge in all sciences as well as history, philosophy, whatever (if you have any). That's what makes an intellectual. Become an idol of knowledge for him and he will follow. Let him then decide if he wants to pursue math or whatever the fuck else. If you show him only math and physics, you are shoehorning him down one path which might not be his real calling. Do not home school him, for any goddamn reason. If you really think the school makes someone a genius (it doesn't), send him to a prestigious school, but do not condemn him to home schooling, ever.
That's my take.

Read to your kid.
Every. Day.

Have a nice bookshelf

there are very bad books out there
be careful OP

Also,
>asking Veeky Forums for advice

>The young Feynman was heavily influenced by his father, who encouraged him to ask questions to challenge orthodox thinking, and who was always ready to teach Feynman something new.

Your kid may/may not be Feynman, but just based off of that excerpt from wikipedia, I'd just nurture your son and try to give him an environment where he can/want to learn. I don't think you should shove stuff down his throat, but it's your shitty kid so do whatever you want.
Plus, I've never taken care of kids and I'm a college student so I don't really know anything about kids.

So what can I do as an uncle? My nephew is turning 6 this year and will start elementary school is summer. His genes are shit for all I know since my sister (and his father) are more or less stupid.

Problem is I see him only 4-5 times a year anymore, should I just prepare some experiments I can easily show/do with him when I see him? I don't want him to end like his parents, I want to spark his interests for sciences and see him growing up into an intelligent man.

Does anyone have ideas for some cool experiments for his age?

If you home-school a kid he will become social awkward. He won't know how interact around other people.

Why would you want to breed an autist?
Home schooling, just books and no internet. That should pretty much do it.
Also this thread is bait.

A new study (okay it's psychology, but still...) actually hinted at children coming from a religiou home was on average better at science. It had to do with the fact that in order to understand christianity you have to have some kind of good imagination (in order to imagine ie. God being there).

>My question is, is there any way to groom my child into being a genius?
Teaching him to read as early as possible is really the most important thing imo.

For the love of God, unschool him. Don't expect him to become a genius - there's a large element of nature in that as well. Don't push him into anything, he'll just resent you for it and it'll backfire.

I got interested in science when I was a little kid because I watched the Discovery Channel and I loved dinosaurs. My parents keep the interest there by getting me science books and shit like that. They made sure that I did well in school by taking it seriously too. I take pride in saying that in 12 years of public schooling, I was absent ONCE. It was a end of the year field trip to the zoo in third grade that I didn't feel like going to because we'd already gone to the zoo a week before and my uncle was visiting from Mexico. Anyways, I'm working towards my virology Ph.D and I know that a very important variable that has contributed to my success and happiness is my parents' mentorship. So what I'd do in your position is to expose your son to as many fields and walks of life as possible when he's little and then cultivate those interests so that they're a viable goal when he's older instead of just pipe dreams that he'll never really get to pursue.

This is my experience too.
Girls are a whole other story though.

What utter horse shit. You can have a fantastic imagination by just having unstructured play time. You don't need psychotic belief in things that make absolutely no sense to get that.

ahahahaha how stupid are you god doesn't exist

>homeschooling
>socially autistic
Plus, society will have a bias against him under the assumption that his parents were religious nutjobs who couldn't handle the state teaching about evolution.

Look for experimental schools. Where the kid can work at their own pace. There was a high school in my state where you could graduate in a couple months if you really busted your ass and knew your shit (you could test out of a lot of stuff).

Was gonna post this. No matter how much you encourage your kid to be outgoing, if you home school him he's going to be introverted and probably wind up on Veeky Forums for the rest of his life like his weird father.

Definitely don't homeschool him. That's the most stupid advice there is. He'll become dependant on you and your intelligence is the max he hits, if he actually does want to become an inferior version of you and doesn't just reject everything you say as soon as he hits puberty. You need to spark a natural curiosity in him. You need to praise him when he asks the right questions and shows curiosity and always reinforce him that being curious is his personality. Don't answer all his questions immediately. Don't make him too lazy to think for himself. He needs to gain the will to learn by himself and find answers for himself.
Definitely bring your kid to school. A traditional, classic, no modern experimental teaching methods bullshit school but the most basic school that has stayed true to their methods for decades and has continuous successful people ro provide.
We've been teaching kids in classes since ancient rome and it has always been the most effctive method of teaching. The more "normal" your school is the less your kid will feel like some stupid special snowflake that forgets that he needs to work hard to actually be successful.
Public schools are maybe even the best. If you're afraid that public schools in America are shit then maybe move to Finland or some other OECD country that's high on education.

stop projecting this much.

You still have plenty of time to do things with friends. You don't need to be retarded to be socially apt.

And where would you gain these "friends"?

Heed to what is saying. Golden advice.

Oh I don't know neighbors like all kids below the age of fucking 10
Then probably sports and hobbies.
If anything, these will be much healthier relationships because they will be based on common interests.

When I was young my dad read me stories from science magazines like Astronomy.

It really expanded my imagination at a young age and kindled my passion for science.

Of course, you should do this only if it turns out your child likes it.

>wanting my son to be like a Veeky Forums autist who studies a fucking retarded field
I'll be sure to avoid that magazine

Critical thinking skills. Impart them. Impart them all.