Jonathan Franzen went on Jeopardy and missed this Shakespeare question

Jonathan Franzen went on Jeopardy and missed this Shakespeare question.

So, Veeky Forums, would you have gotten this correct? Be honest.

I don't remember the names, no.

I would have got it but I'm pretty sure it's from watching 10 Things I Hate About You so much

Is the name petruccio?

>shittiest shakespeare play

Who the fuck cares op

"Taming of the shrew" is hilariously misogynist, so maybe it's good that he didnt get it?

I think you'd get that. I think it's spelt Petruchio.

I think you have to say Who is Petruchio too

Episode hasn't aired yet but it sounds like Franzen got all the other qs in the Shakespeare category and missed this one

I thought he did pretty well overall. I thought it was funny how he ducked with embarassment when he got something wrong. They all sort of got scammed with the last question, though I assumed at least one of them would get it.

I'm not english, I know very little of Shakespeare.

seriously consider suicide

This triggers me even when I know that it's bait

it's a shitty play irregardless

>people saying Taming of the Shrew is a shitty play

wew lads

it's not great

I missed it. There's a good half dozen Shakespeare plays that don't interest me in the least. Mostly the comedies.

Didn't expect Franzen to much of a Shakespeare buff anyway. Legit Jeopardy clue tho.

did he really? most embarrassing thing a "real writer" has done since the DFW cablenews doofus tour

>irregardless
Subtle

It is tho

It's ok if you don't get it.

louis ck did surprisingly well on jeopardy tonight

who knew he was so knowledgeable

the celebrity ones are bullshit. they stack the categories with things that the contestants know beforehand. for example, franzen is a bird watcher and writes books, so cue the bird and literary categories

Who is Petruchio?

Franzen's a cunt.

>Jeopardy

I didn't like it.
I prefer his tragedies.

>Who is Petruchio?

He's a character from The Taming of the Shrew. It's pretty obscure, you probably haven't heard of it.

this is dumb as fuck but i laughed