Could Kafka rightfully be called a pioneer for Absurdism?

Could Kafka rightfully be called a pioneer for Absurdism?

He's more like the german Murakami

Considering how heavily his work influenced Camus I would say that Kafka had a hand in setting the stage of absurdism, but in phrasing it "pioneer of absurdism" you're implying that he had a more direct involvement with the preconceived philosophy.

Indirect pioneer of absurdism, maybe

>german
nice bait though

Kafka is Gogol's epigone. Discuss.

I agree

No Kafka was more like high absurdism, where to mark the pioneers is tricky because it existed as a strain in literature for millenia. Hamlet could be called an absurdist work in certain lights.

Gogol was certainly a better novelist, but Kafka was at his best when writing his little vignettes. He distilled his style down to its very essence.

Does this not hit anyone whenever they see this picture?

he could be this girls grandfather

The way he got around he probably was

I agree with this. Absurdism as a literary style might not have been described until relatively recently but it certainly predates the philosophy by at least a few hundred years.

What is this? Could you explain?

All of Kafka's immediate family and most people sharing the Kafka name got executed in the Holocaust.

His looking like two different beings stitched together

>he doesn't know about Kafka's infamous night life

make that with your own photo

I thought he had no kids? Even though he was married a couple of times.

Maybe he was just insane and this was what came to him. He wrote entire stories in just one night.

>he has never been kissed by the gods and granted hypomania

That's because his stories are just amateurish stream of consciousness. It's not hard to write story in one night. especially if you a graphomaniac

I had a colleague who looked like a balding version of Kafka. He had bad skin (of which i cannot comment), badly cropped hair and a shitty work ethic that led to him scamming the company out of money on claims of "depression", the newest trend at our workplace now.

Not Kafka's fault but that his face brings up the urge to punch faces.

I dont know why i shared this.