What are Veeky Forums's thoughts and experiences on poetry slams?

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts and experiences on poetry slams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k574_8Y1-fU
youtube.com/watch?v=vnKZ4pdSU-s
youtube.com/watch?v=ReE2tltlkfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"lol"

"lol"

"lol"

idk but is it actually a good way to meet women that are into literature?

cringe

Yes, but they're usually going to be the self-proclaimed feminist type.

its called poetry slam because poets should be slammed into lockers

>humanity was a mistake

>self proclaimed
What do you want, a knighting?

Slam poetry is like the sludge of mass culture with an electrical current running through it that makes it jump around and spray sludge into your face

If your immediate instinct isn't "wow, these unindividuated goblins with nothing to say should probably be a lot quieter than they are" then you are part of the problem.

Where art and beauty go to die. Navelgazing, self-congratulatory offence-fetishizing masturbation marathons. Somewhat similar to this board.

>thoughts and experiences on poetry slams

seems like a good way to get your willy wet 2bh

>if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem
are you an american?

I feel bad for all the people tricked into it

She has terrible blowjob eyes. Her poetry career is a fraud.

I suspect she didn't write that one either.

She did, look it up

Oh, she didn't write the one on the left, so I figured that would follow. Much better than I expected from her if true.

It was really in vogue around my Uni, every time I've heard slam poetry it has been without exception awful

Right should be about a hundred pounds heavier for it to be representative

I enjoy seeing women destroy themselves
the absolute best is when they post nudes and tell themselves it's empowering

if you don't like their art, don't listen.

the poem on the right is way better

>literature
No, it's a good way to meet women who have only read Harry Potter and Wikipedia articles on feminism

I uphold my natural right to scorn and undermine all that I oppose in life. God has made me in his image, therefore I must also make the world as I see fit.

Their shit isn't any more """art""" than the pumpkin spice macchiatos they have to make for a career.

by posting on Veeky Forums
kys

>Projecting your lack of activity onto me

Go outside you sad faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=k574_8Y1-fU
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>muh vagina muhfukka
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
does life imitate memes?

My God.

is this poetry or bad standup about going to the gynecologist?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNgqpkZMjiw

beautiful

though are we trapped in a similar layer of homogeneous shit?

My problem with slam poetry is that half the time it hardly even resembles poetry. If I hadn't been told it was a poem, I wouldn't call it so. Not saying all poems have to rhyme or anything, but poetry is more than just ranting and snapping your fingers.

Anyway here's a slam poem that I find genuinely moving youtube.com/watch?v=vnKZ4pdSU-s

Fucking wonderful.

Too much contrarianism for that.

i would let her 'succ' me to be honest

I think women would stop being proud of being sluts if they understood more how men see them

Like, I'm pretty sure they have this mistaken idea that men see them as sexual "equals" or "partners," as if men are like "hehe, you like 2 fuck as much as I do? XD" when in reality they are still seen as degraded conquests

It's so weird to me when they go around bragging about how much they love cum on their face as if it's some big FUCK YOU PATRIARCHY thing, when even the nicest dude in the world is thinking some embarrassing shit like
>yeah bitch u like that u like my cum on ur fucking face u bitch take that cum bitch
while doing it to them

I wouldn't mind sexual liberation shit so much if it didn't constantly have this undertone of obliviousness about degrading themselves. Men do not respect you for putting out. It's practically innate to see you as an objectified conquest, like a lock that was successfully picked.

*slaps poems out of hands*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Very nice.

This is right on the ball

No, she actually has amazing blowjob eyes. That dude in 9th grade was the true poetic genius of that relationship. He only spoke truth. Wisdom beyond his years.

white people bitching about problems they've never had.

Honest to be honest.

whitened teeth look like china ones

So people who enjoy a thing you enjoy are "degraded" because they're women? Fucking idiot.

you actually can't read

Why are mulatto women always the bitchy ones?

I swear, they are always the ones talking about how oppressed they are and how much they hate whites, despite the fact that they are at least half white.

women are not humans
the only reason why men gave them the rights it's due to capitalism needed more workers
i hope when we reach the stage of post scarcity economy we can freely degrade women back into the half-animal state

Plain looking brown girls are the angriest people in the world. They think that all the downsides to being a plain-looking girl are due to racism and not that they're plain-looking.

Serves as a nice contrast with my ecru-colored spunk.

Brown girls in general just seem to be total fucking cunts.

To be fair people do tend to self-segregate along racial lines and I can imagine a lot of situations where being mulatto could leave you in an odd situation w/r/t identity and belonging.

But yeah I've noticed that the light-skinned girls at my alma mater were the biggest "activists" while the actual black kids largely had their own thing going on.

>youtube.com/watch?v=vnKZ4pdSU-s
that was nice actually. really gay but nice.

It's like elliot rodger
Close enough to taste the white but never live it

ok, then why don't you tell me what you meant by

>Like, I'm pretty sure they have this mistaken idea that men see them as sexual "equals" or "partners," as if men are like "hehe, you like 2 fuck as much as I do? XD" when in reality they are still seen as degraded conquests

Because to me it seems like you're saying that when women do exactly what men do and yet it somehow reflects badly on the women but not on the men.

It's like being a huge weeb and calling someone else a degenerate for liking anime. If you do this shit, kys.

Have you ever had sex? You don't just go in a room together and do the exact same thing...

She had nice blowjob eyes in the 9th grade, not now.

did she keep any pics of her 9th grade blowjob eyes

>dude ur a virgin lmao
what an obviously retarded ad hominem. do you think anyone in the world ever has had sex without first knowing how it works? end your life my man.

>You don't just go in a room together and do the exact same thing...

You do it for the same reason, to get off. When gays fuck each other, is the bottom a degenerate while the top is a cool guy?? There's no fucking moral difference between the penetrator and the penetrated, dipshit.

>When gays fuck each other, is the bottom a degenerate while the top is a cool guy??
but it's true

>You do it for the same reason, to get off
>moral difference
lmao come back when you've lived a little more.

>is the bottom a degenerate while the top is a cool guy?

Fucking obviously.

>When gays fuck each other, is the bottom a degenerate while the top is a cool guy??
That's exactly what the classical Greeks and Romans thought about it and they know more about butt stuff than I do.

yes but she cut out the eyes and replaced them with her nipples.

lmao

wow, why didn't I think of just quoting random phrases and saying "heh, kid, you're cute..."? That's so much easier than actually saying anything of substance!

>lmao
bottom fag detected

>wow, why didn't I think of just quoting random phrases and saying "heh, kid, you're cute..."? That's so much easier than actually saying anything of substance!
I just don't know where to start with all the misconceptions you're starting with, to be honest. Like, if you seriously think that men and women approach sex the same way for the same reasons, and that the way they evaluate each other sexually is pegged to some sort of universal morality, nothing I say here is going to change that.

based

Please educate me user. I certainly believe women are in higher demand due to the way sex drives work, and I'm sure plenty of women use sex to get what they want, I'm just saying it's possible for a woman to enjoy sex without pretense. And I didn't say they evaluated people based on morality, I said you were making moral judgments about women who claim to like sex. If you think they're lying, fine, but if they genuinely just like pleasure I fail to see what the problem is.

Cringe

You're a clueless idiot if you think women are actually proud to be sluts.

Both are shit
Would bang though

>you were making moral judgments about women who claim to like sex
No, I'm saying that men find it kind of gross and not something they respect. This is a visceral feeling, not a moral matter.

>If you think they're lying, fine
If anything most women like sex more than men do, so it's not that they're lying about liking it.

>but if they genuinely just like pleasure I fail to see what the problem is.
When you start to think about what you want out of a longer term partner, a mother, eventually a grandmother, the main person in your life, perhaps you'll start to see why men are a little leery of giving that kind of respect to someone who doesn't fit that mold at all. Obviously men of the men who feel this way have not been cultivating themselves to be ideal husbands and fathers either, but the fact that they're hypocrites doesn't make their feelings on the matter reverse.

It's not that one gender is actually morally superior in this whole mess of hook up culture that we have. It's that a smart person avoids that culture altogether, and the above is part of why a woman would do well to avoid it. The reasons for men to not take part are also something I believe in, but that's a separate topic.

I'm not the guy who posted by the way.

>Men do not respect you for putting out. It's practically innate to see you as an objectified conquest, like a lock that was successfully picked.

If the only way you can think about sex is in terms of conquest and degradation than you have some mental problems m8. Sex is just a nice thing that happens between two people. I bet you're not even a strict christian or anything, it's weird that both feminists and Veeky Forums/reddit woman haters have such puritanical views of sex without the spiritual benefits of religion. Most Christians don't even care what you do as long as you're married or at least in a committed relationship.

It's time you had your negative views examined by a psychiatrist and possibly removed~

yall ready for malia?

youtube.com/watch?v=ReE2tltlkfE

>I think women would stop being proud of being sluts if they understood more how men see them

And you, ironically, have no understanding of how to see women. They aren't all "proud" to be sluts, mate. They are attacking the very label and connotation in the effort for personal sovereignty. That you would simply look at women and think they were all merely embracing sluttiness and nothing more really speaks volumes about your lack of understanding.

Well if you're not him then I'm still confused by his post. Enjoy being a traditionalist I guess, maybe you'll get lucky and we'll all get bombed back into the stone age.

Well, I'd say they're embracing sluttiness in the sense that they're trying to remove the negative connotation. I have nothing against promiscuity, it's just kind of pathetic that they're so desperate to be validated for it.

It is not poetry.

>it's just kind of pathetic that they're so desperate to be validated for it.

I don't disagree. But then user was inferring that there was nothing going on behind that but an embracing of sluttiness, which simply isn't true.

this is pretty transphobic desu

You can all go home now.

>Sex is just a nice thing that happens between two people.
No it's not
>goes on ranting about how STUPID AND FUCKING BORING AND EVIL CHRISTIANS ARE

wasnt this about slam poetry?

user can only laugh and shit on slam poetry so much after that they kind of need to find a topic that is actually interesting to talk about

>Plain looking brown girls are the angriest people in the world.
this is 100% true and I'm glad someone else finally realised it

It's Hart Crane you dweeb.

neither of you can read

the simple fact is that men see you as a piece of garbage when you hook up with them on tinder

women being "loose" will always be seen as gross and pathetic, instinctively, by everyone. especially by the men who benefit from it. people just lie that it's progressive, especially the latter guys who stand to benefit from the girls buying the lie.

nothing will ever stop the fact that slutty behavior is intuitively disgusting to men. you are a whore. it's like being a disgusting cum rag. useful in certain moments, even "appreciated," but not a person.

enjoy taking huge pride in it and writing poems abut it, because you think "boooo puritanism" makes any difference in any of the above facts being facts. keep getting mad about it on internet forums because you know it's true.

>muh appeal to nature

ok buddy, i'll kill you and rape your wife, let's see how much you like nature then.

i'm not making a moral statement you bag of memes

ain't no ought here, only is, and you is a whore

you know that guy you hooked up with who was your on-off FWB for like a year and you sometimes wondered why he didn't pursue more

it's because he could only tolerate you because you sucked his cock, and any time he thought about you as an equal, as a romantic partner or even as a friend, he could see the other douchey men whose ballsacks you had licked because you wanted an hour of validation that you are pretty, and you settled for a stranger who made you laugh

in a generation, even when your great progressive project to change the "puritan" culture is decades upon decades old, and if you don't become an amy schumer spinster, your own son will instinctively think you're a pathetic whore and feel ashamed to be your child if you ever tell him about how you spent your youth

it will never

ever

change

keep getting mad about it on the internet

If you're not a beta fag

this is right and I don't know why people are getting so upset
next time you see a group of women consciously catalog your thoughts, 99% of the time the first thing you think about is which ones you would fuck

Conversations like this make me glad I'm gay

Damn, so incisive! If only I were a woman.

For the record, I don't like most women, I don't get along with them, and I certainly don't want their approval. That being said, people who are fatalist about their belief that human sexuality will always be animalistic are just obnoxiously retarded. If you have a problem with people fucking who they want to fuck because of "muh instincts", you are really fucking stupid.

And it's funny because all I have to do to prove you wrong is believe that women being promiscuous doesn't make them less human. Sure, promiscuity and vapidity tend to coexist, but that doesn't mean every slut is a dumb slut.

>And it's funny because all I have to do to prove you wrong is believe that women being promiscuous doesn't make them less human. Sure, promiscuity and vapidity tend to coexist, but that doesn't mean every slut is a dumb slut.
How do you still not get what that guy is talking about?

>people who are fatalist about their belief that human sexuality will always be animalistic
so you acknowledge it is the way it is at least now. thanks

>If you have a problem
"i am not making a moral [ought] statement"

>that doesn't mean every slut is a dumb slut.
not relevant, but sluts are necessarily dumb incidentally

keep making up weird strawmen that have nothing to do with the posts you're replying to, so you can justify getting mad on the internet about how people judge you for being a whore.

if you really didn't care that you're a whore, you wouldn't be obsessively defending it in every random nook and cranny possible, to anonymous people who you won't convince otherwise.