Alright Veeky Forums lets talk about pies. Think about it. You can put anything in a pie. What do you guys think?

Alright Veeky Forums lets talk about pies. Think about it. You can put anything in a pie. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTc2iGQUdQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I make pies.
The family enjoys my chili beef and cheese / butter chicken pies the most.

Chili beef and cheese?

Butter chicken?

I would like some recipes please, specifically, the dough you use.

>You can put anything in a pie

My fav is gingerbread crumbles, thousand island dressing, and pinto beans.

I've always thought it would be a cool idea for a restaurant to serve everything in pies, what do you guys think? Would you go to a restaurant that served many different kinds of foods in pie?

You cant put that in a pie

To anyone interested, these are a fucking lifesaver. The quality and convenience is basically impossible to pass up.

I've made some killer blueberry, cherry, and apple pies. Thinking of trying something savory next.

Fuck you. You can put ANYTHING in a pie. I wanna put a 8000 hz frequency, 1994 pamela Anderson, and the ford motor company in a pie. I wanna make a second one that has a first kiss, carbon taxes, and social nationalism in it.

U CAN PUT ANYTHING IN PIEZ

i don't really like pie

I wouldn't because gluten free pies don't exist. Not.Even.Meme'ing.

But what would you call the restaurant? I would call it A-moar-ayy.
>When the moon hits your eye like a big piece of pie. That's A-moar-ayy!

Not even if its filled with secular humanism, the suffering of your enemies, and the agreement of great minds that think alike?

Some pies are better than others bro. I doubt you've tried them all.

I like to fill mine with smoke and mirrors.

From time to time I like to switch it up with a nice no bake pie. Bottom layer of good intentions, top layer of the efficient market hypothesis.

This thread is /pol/ in a pie.

I prefer making my own crust. It takes only like 10 minutes to mix and roll out and costs about 1/4 what the premade crusts do.

Lard or no lard?

I only do flour, butter, salt, and water.

>no lard

I like crust that doesn't taste like shit, thank you very much.

I had meat pies at a renaissance faire that had a perfect, thick, bready, spongy crust. How do I do that?

That sounds good. I'm not a fan of the preservatives in lard.

>exploded pie
>it's completely intact

really nigga?

Remember, you can put anything in a pie.

That pie has the shared mental construct of the English word "exploded" baked inside of it.

Makes perfect sense.

would you eat it?

Steak and ale is clearly the best.

How is that in any way a new concept?

So what sort of crust is that? The packaging doesn't say for some reason. The picture looks like it will be a shortcrust.

Are you mental? The supermarket has gluten free pies.

Can we go one thread without you r*ddit tourists crying about pol for no reason?

You're the only one who's laughing at your jokes.

Steak bacon and cheese

Looks like a hot water crust

Yes I have eaten many a pie
Yes I am a fat bastard

Can I make an m&m pie?

Pie used to be my favourite food
It's still definitely among the top 5

>>>dominos.com

> (OP)
>>You can put anything in a pie
>My fav is gingerbread crumbles, thousand island dressing, and pinto beans.

maybe it's because I'm an autist but I thought they were kinda funny. at least someone on here is attempting to have a sense of humour.

anyway, to answer OP's question, I am a fan of shoofly pies. dry bottom and wet bottom are both nice, but I personally like dry bottom a bit better. a bit more cakey.

>renaissance faire

Probably an older recipe then. My guess: youtube.com/watch?v=pTc2iGQUdQw

Pies are god's gift to mankind. Especially steak and kidney.

spinach pie = best pie
Though zucchini pie is is pretty good too

butter pie

There was this stall at my city's annual food festival selling "Thai Pies". I had a Thai red curry pie and it was one of the best pies of my life. A bakery at the top of my road does a decent chicken tikka pasty as well

My mom used to make an amazing him baked pie that was filled righteous indignation and class warfare. It always tasted big and heavy... In a good way. Like catholic guilt sort of.

>yfw you realize the rest of this thread is objective shitposting about actual pie fillings and what kind of crust is better

I like to put fish in mine.

These little shits are the best.

dog food pies (safe for human consumption)

1 billion dollars

Hot water crust, though to be accurate to the period the crust itself was more of a container you would throw away or feed to dogs.

I suggest doing a 50/50 mix of butter and lard for it, gives great tender flavor.

Yup. I think half my weight must come from my grandma's spinach pie alone.

But Dominos doesn't serve pies.

Fish pie is great.

Retard.

>yfw you realize you contributed nothing to the thread but awkward cringe autist ""humor""

are you literally retarded? I made a gluten free key lime pie just yesterday

you just need gluten free graham crackers for the crust

I judge people for not making their own pie crust

>tfw you realize a pie stuffed full of cringe autist humor would be comfy AF

Please tell me that that isn't filed with butter only.

Please.

is a pastie just a pie that looks like someone sat on it?

It's onion and potato.