Pumpkin season has come motherfuckers. Have you taken advantage?

pumpkin season has come motherfuckers. Have you taken advantage?
today is butternut squash soup for me, with greek yogurt and peanut butter, tomorrow is hokkaido pumpkin

Other urls found in this thread:

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/775669/thai-pumpkin-soup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>butternut squash soup

Fuck pumpkin spice everything, butternut squash and apples are why I love fall food.

>Pumpkin

That's what people in Arkansas do.

not even Merkan desu
>Fuck pumpkin spice everything
I can't tell what this means. Do you hate everything related to pumpkin spice or do you put pumpkin spice in everything?
Butternut squash is definitely pretty great. it tastes so good. they are a bit expensive though

Below 2 Euro per kg at the moment when there's a deal, that's not expensive for veg.

I like pumpkin spice in certain things, but it gets way overused and people freak out too much over it

It's a common enough garden vegetable that I can usually pick it up at smaller farmer markets for cheap too.

how is pumpkin pie? is it easy to make?
eh, not that great where I live, it was 2.7 euro per buttered nut, and I'm a bit of a poorfag and tend to calculate a lot by kcal content, making it a terrible deal
yeah that's not necessarily my thing. I like the whole package, pumpkin tastes good as an entirety.

Pumpkin pie is super easy to make. If you're doing it from scratch, the most time-intensive part of it is just cleaning and roasting the pumpkin.

I also cheat and use pre-made refrigerated pie dough because I'm terrible at making my own.

Do I need an immersion blender to get a squash soup as creamy as that? I tried with my food processor one time and it didn't work so well.

Whats the secret to getting a nice creamy consistency? I have always wanted to make a butternut squash and curry powder soup.

>I tried with my food processor one time and it didn't work so well.
what went wrong?
I used an immersion blender, it's all I have.

> eh, not that great where I live, it was 2.7 euro per buttered nut, and I'm a bit of a poorfag and tend to calculate a lot by kcal content,

So how's the AP flour all day every day treating you?

never said I lived only on the cheapest things, c'mon now.

I am unsure, It came out almost gritty. I was using this pic related recipe and it could have been bits of unprocessed onion layers or something.

no idea. although I guess blenders and immersion blenders are more common for soups?

If you leave the skin on the squash you really need a high RPM blender. My cheap immersion blender wouldn't touch the skin and a food processor almost certainly won't have the force either.

My food processor has a blender jug too though and that handles it just fine.

how is the taste of the skin?

Doesn't have a pronounced flavour. It's not really tough either if you leave it in the oven long enough (I leave it in until the pieces get dry enough to start caramelizing). You don't even notice it when biting through it when you eat it in chunks.

Just tough enough to evade the immersion blender.

alright. I have an immersion blender so I guess it's a nogo

My favorite recipe is a bastardized chili con pumpkin.
Take your favorite chili con carne recipe, replice the meat with cubed butternut/squash. It's really fucking comfy food, and tastes surprisingly good.

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/775669/thai-pumpkin-soup r8 this plz.

>butternut squash soup for me, with greek yogurt and peanut butter
Do you put peanut butter and yogurt IN the soup? Or add it later? Pls share recipe
t. non Amerigan

I'm not american.
I puree the butternut, then put in peanut butter and puree further (I don't like the idea of water, even broth touching peanut butter directly). then I add a DOLLOP of some kinda thick dairy creamy product, like creme fraiche. eat. flavor it like you'd flavor any onion soup, with aromatic veggies and so on. it is surprisingly awesome

>any onion soup
Sorry, kinda high. Pumpkin soup

Just got a qt chode butternut squash yesterday. Gonna bake it this weekend with salt, pepper, tiny dash of cinnamon for a comfy day while the tropical storm creeps towards my home.

pumpkin, white beans, garlic, curry and pepper

>chode butternut squash
HA HA!

please