What would you say is Stephen King's all time greatest book?

What would you say is Stephen King's all time greatest book?

The Stand

IT

>Stephen King's
>greatest book
pick one

It.

No comparison really. Its pretty clearly far and away his best work.

Out of the few l've read, l'd have to go with 11/22/63, but that's probably not saying much, considering the only other books of his l've read were Under the Dome and Mr. Mercedes.

I'm not a huge fan of his writing, and his endings are almost always terrible, but the guy is a really good storyteller. Reading his books is a guilty pleasure.

You literally just translated OP's post into memespeak.

That's like asking which of a diarrhetic's stools stinks the least.

Coffee and tea do not have rectal cavities from which to produce stool.

I like Thinner the most.

Kek

These are both correct.
You can't really compare the two, each of them is a seminal masterpiece.

IT

Was Doctor Sleep any good?

Are you kidding, Stephen King is the master of suspense and horror.

His short story "N." is my favorite thing King ever wrote. I always get a kick out of Survival Type too.

Christine, without question.

Now I know you're just shitposting.

He was just sucking Lovecraft's rotten dick by way of Machen with that one.

Desperation

>He was just sucking Lovecraft's rotten dick by way of Machen with that one.
Thats Revival.

Oh please Stephen King is better than Lovecraft. Lovecraft puts me to fucking sleep.

Is that a new logic system

Why is there a Stephen King thread every couple of days here? This is Veeky Forums, not r/books.

What is happening to this board? Isn't the SF/F containment thread enough for you savages?

The JFK one
Or Under The Dome

Fuarking this.

>Hurr durr, my fayvewrit gaems are Ocarina of Time and my favorite author is Lovecraft!
>*He made Cthulhu :^)*
>Aren't I so eccentric?! xDDDDD

Nigga, his content was good, but his writing was subpar. What is this? Amateur hour at the Okay Corral?

never read anything from stephen king but go kill yourself, do you think Veeky Forums is the site for the elite such as yourself where your superior literary mastery will shine since youve read books other people on this board think you should have read?

Is the stand really worth finishing? I feel like all the fun of all the characters meeting eachother has worn off and now I just don't care.

What do you call a shitty horror writer licking a dominatrix's boots?

>Stephen King
>good books
Yeah, no.

Have you ever read one?

On Writing

If that doesn't count, The Shining

Popsy was a pretty bitchin' short story, too.

>Novel
The Stand

>Bachman Book
The Long Walk

>Short Story
Survivor Type

Wise to judge an author's entire body of work--50+ books over decades--by 3 books all from the last few years.

>There will never be another serious Stephen King thread like there were in the first couple months of this board

I miss the old Veeky Forums

It's worth finishing only because you've already gotten this far.

You'll actually begin to despise all of the characters with the exception of Harold Lauder.

We are living in the times of The Stand. Donald Trump is Randall Flagg incarnate. Bernie Sanders is mother Abigail.

Stop being edgy

It has always been my favorite, so much lore. You just get sucked into all the backstory and characterization.

Misery, The Long Walk, and Needful Things are great too.
I could never get into The Stand for some reason, tried three times and always lost interest before getting more than a quarter in.

Dead Zone

Amazing post

That's actually pretty accurate. Trump has strong ties to Vegas and gambling afterall, while Bernie comes from much much humbler roots.

>We are living in the times of The Stand. Donald Trump is Randall Flagg incarnate. Bernie Sanders is mother Abigail.

Who is Hillary Clinton then?

I am the doorway

not pet semetary

IT or under the dome

How can you say that?

This is how standards started falling on /v/. Claims of elitism from other manchildren.

Can you guys seriously fuck off this board? It's legitimately not for you or anyone that gets upset at having standards that aren't dogshit. Take you Harry Potter, your ASOIAF, and your Stephen King shit and just go back to your cozy reddit threads where you can wallow in excrement and jerk each other off about how Harry stretched his legs and GRRM killed another side character.

Please, and thank you.