Is it wrong to steal from small bookshops?

Is it wrong to steal from small bookshops?

My local one has outrageous prices for some shit (7 dollars for some penguin classic from the 90s) and there's never enough people watching that I steal shit.

if you love barnes and noble and raping the local economy go for it.

Fuck all bookshop, even charity ones and also libraries. They're all staffed by normie fuckers, mainly women who look down on you because you read stuff and aren't a Chad.

of course it is you fucking moron

>Is it wrong to steal?

Write a 1000 word essay on this subject Veeky Forums

If I can get their shit of Amazon for less plus shipping they don't deserve to be in business

then buy it from amazon instead of directly hurting their business.

Stealing will only drive up the prices moron

Yeah they're all going under and extremely conscious that they can't compete with BMV. Basically any small bookshop owner is having nightly existential crises about how they are bleeding money out the ass and need to sell and reorient their entire lives in the next 2 years. By stealing the books people actually want, the ones cool enough to steal, you are gouging their daily profits and shitting directly into their mouths.

You're merely accelerating to the future of Book selling

Because if no one buys books, books will just continue to appear magically. Dumb fucker.

Yeah why the fuck wouldn't they, no one becomes a writer to make money

>"of"

More than enough books have already been printed, jackass.

I don't get how they stay in business at all. I know of one that's only open 4 days a week in the afternoon and doesn't have a proper till. I think it's some sort of hobby for a lot of these people. There's a nearby town that has a really good secondhand store but if they ever get a chapters they're fucked.

Do you do it to feed your starving family?

>tfw my favorite used book store is usually staffed by a young guy with a classics degree who tells me what ancient texts were delivered in the past week
>tfw he gives me a hard time for not being able to read ancient Greek

>steal
>pay nothing
>prices rise
>steal
>still pay nothing

Are you retarded?

god almighty, this fucking website is populated by too many depraved low lives like you

Do you support the business? Pay the higher prices.

Do you not support the business? Leave them alone you dumb criminal.

>outrageous prices
>7 dollars
What sort of destitute bombed out shithole do you live in that seven dollars is an outrageous price for a book?

>not shopping exclusively online and in thrift stores

Scored Prisoner of Azkaban hardcover in near perfect condition for a dollar today.

When I hit it big with my novel and become a billionaire I will open a small book shop in a little street and mop around all day reading books and looking out of the window. I'm going to lose so much money.

Jamal, go back to Africa. This is a civilized place, you're not supposed to steal.

Just download a PDF you stupid fuck.

but will the experience have been worth it?

>stealing books
You know there's a nice place in your town called a "library" that will lend you books for free, right, guys?

And they have a shit selection outside of art books.

>lending
>buying digital

Essentially the same thing.

Then get an interlibrary loan, baka.

What?

Either way, you don't own the book.

>tfw live in glorious Jew York
>pick any fucking book I want and get it to delivered to one of my 3 local libraries
>sometimes I order books without any intention to pick them up, knowing the city has to spend money on gas, labor, and printing a label with my name everytime

You own a digital copy unless you get one with fucked-up DRM for some reason.

You can't own data.

I live in New York too. Want to come over and sick my duck?

What's with the influx of nigger poorfags who want to steal books?

Then you can't own a physical book either.

>Is it wrong to steal

There's a free book place here in Baltimore, idk about other cities.

I'll be in New York later this month. I posted nudes of myself before and a few people said they would fuck if that interests you haha. Really want someone smart and artistic to fuck me hard.

hold up brehs

Take this reaction image: You'll need it to respond the the post I'm abouta write.

(1/15)

That doesn't make any sense.

>7 dollars for some penguin classic from the 90s

This costs $16 at the very least in my country, and it's not unheard of to pay 20 or 25 bucks just for a ~300pg novel. Suck it up princess.

I'll bump this out of courtesy.

Where is it user? I'm expecting it.

excellent bait, creates anticipation then doesn't deliver, like the first time I had sex

Stealing from small independent bookshops and libraries objectively makes you a horrible person and a cunt. They're struggling because there aren't enough people reading, and small shops are proportionally hurt more by theft than massive chains because it's the owner themselves risking going bankrupt.

If you're too poor to support your local small bookseller, at least don't fucking steal from them, the reason their prices are high is because they have trouble making ends meet -and besides, you don't get to steal something just because you want it but can't spare a fucking tenner

You don't get to decide who "deserves" to be in business. Buy it off Amazon if you want, but don't steal from others