So I've decided to try and get Veeky Forums after my doctor told me I'll have a heartattack soon if I don't change my...

So I've decided to try and get Veeky Forums after my doctor told me I'll have a heartattack soon if I don't change my diet. I pretty much live off of one to two fast food meals a day since I work as a manager in a mcdonalds and dont really leave my house except to work. What are some cheap but healthy / simple meals I can cook and ways to calculate calories and food stuff?
>pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Nutrition_UCM_310436_SubHomePage.jsp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lean protein served with plenty veggies.

cook with olive oil. go easy on the sodium. use lots of herbs and spices to make up for lack of salt.

>passing up on a chance to randomly die

dumbass

Start eating the salads, but without any dressing.

As someone who has recently lost 50 pounds, it's really the little changes that make a huge difference.

>no dressing on salads (unless you think you can handle oil & vinegar, with very little oil)
>water, black coffee, and tea only
>any meat, as long as it isn't processed to hell and back (ie. hotdogs and spam)
>for maximum results, do poultry and fish only
>if you can't resist the urge to snack, then only have unflavored popcorn, rice crackers, celery, or pickles

This guy right here. Go for the salads and dont fucking cover it in tons of dressing. For drinks you absolutely have to cut soda, teas (with sugar), and coffee if you also put sugar into it for immediate results.

cut out soda and limit your sugar intake
eat 2000 calories a day
find time to do a half hour of cardio a day

will take you from being a ham planet to a mere ham satellite in a couple months

EXCEPT for the salads at McDonalds. those are literally like 1100 calories. i am not even shitting.

water, excercise and portioning, liek everyone else has said.

id look into finding new work also, but thats beside the point.

for me, most important part is remembering that breakfast or lunch should be your biggest meals (i vote lunch). eat immediatly after waking up. do not wait, and do not skip breakfast. lunch should be your biggest, and dinner should be smallest, consisting of mostly greens and protein. you have no need for carbs, and really, you probably dont even need that much protein. mostly go for greens, and no, lettuce is not healthy.

ditch sugared drinks, roll water, drink a fair amount of it. i believe 8 cups a day is about what you need, but to me, thats too little. roll 2 liters a day. my mom used ot be pretty heavy, but she started eating better, worked out an hour a day, and drank fuck tons of water, and my friends started calling her hot. yea, i guess she definitely got a figure.

eat mainly greens, you dont really need that much meat, be aware of how much bread and shit you eat, basic health shit, eat multivitamin with breakfast.

excercise is a little tougher, but you really only need about an hour, 10 minutes to stretch, run for 15, 20-30 minutes of weight and resistance trianing, finish with swimming.

before you go to bed, stretch. this is important for getting a figure. really stretching is extremely important, but most peopel see results, which means theyll do it more, if they do it before bed.

idk what else to say. strecthing will get you in tune with your body, and make you awar eof shitty posture, or how youre holding yourself.

i cant think of anything else, but im down to answer questions.

oh and fuck beer, drink liquor or wine

limit yourself to one beer if you must. after that,r oll liquor or wine. i say just drink wine. chicks like wine, so if youre ever chilling with women, theyll always wanna join in.

Most of those calories are coming from the dressing, the cheese, and croutons.

Vegetables on their own, with a little bit of meat isn't gonna hurt nobody.

try eating a whole head of ice berg lettuce with that lite salad dressing with no fat in it to keep you satiated that should take care of at least one meal then just eat healthy stuff. try having that no fat cottage cheese and plenty of vegtables. Get your carbs from brown rice as it digest more evenly and keeps you from having glucose spikes. Then you can have something like bean chili for dinner. You could also have an omelet for dinner with mushrooms and cheese. But try to keep your caloric intake below 2000. If you think I'm trying to steer you towards a vegetarian diet I am. It is healthier.

Search Google for a weight loss calculator so you can get your TDEE and get a range for what your daily caloric intake should be. Track your calories with MyFitnessPal. The easiest way to track your calories is to cook all of your food yourself and get a cheap digital kitchen scale so you can measure out all of your food by weight, not volume.

I usually have eggs for breakfast, and chicken breast with some vegetable for lunch and dinner. I season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper but usually bring a side of buffalo sauce to dip it in while eating.

You just have to get dedicated enough to stick with it, it'll suck sometimes but it's worth it.

I'm trying to convey this in the nicest way possible so please don't take this personally, but just give up man. I had a friend who was obese struggle with weight loss his entire adult life. He really convinced me for the first 5 years that he was gonna lose weight. He convinced everyone. But everyone son realized that it was all bullshit, it was for nothing. Because believe it or not, most fat people don't change.

It's impossible for fatties like you with 0 self control to change. You can't change, and you won't change.

Sure, youll go on a diet. You'll eat your daily salad with fried chicken tender strips and 2x ranch dressing.

You'll exercise. You'll walk around the block looking for pokemon or consider musical chairs to be hard work.

And soon, you'll get desperate. You'll see a documentary on Netflix about some guy who lost a shit load of weight by drinking nothing but juice. So you'll "give it a try" by drinking a milkshake during every meal.

Then you get rally desperate. You fucking join the Marines. You throw yourself head first into their drills and workouts. They'll take it easy on you at first because they know you're obese. But soon you'll realize that you're out of breath when just running up the stairs. And you'll realize and they'll tell you that the Marines don't even want you if you can't do a single pull up, because your recruiter looks bad if he has to send people to fat camp.

And finally, you'll get angry. You'll start blaming your friends and family for your weight. You'll tell them that since they didn't stop you when you were already full, you had no idea how to stop eating.

It might not be as dramatic, but let's get honest: instead of running that extra mile, you'd rather eat a big Mac. Some people can change. You can't. Just give up.

I know a lot of fat people that lost weight. They didn't do it with meme-diets or anything (well, 1 person did)

They did it by radically changing their eating habits. It's something everyone can do, but most people don't

OP, you can eat delicious food that you cook yourself and lose weight. You can gain muscle if you add a weight-lifting regiment into that plan. It's all about making the choice and sticking with it. Hell, if you mess up and become lazy for a few weeks, all you have to do it hop back into the mix and get working at it. I believe in you

Are you fat

I eat the same diet but too much metabolisms to get fat

>Breakfast
OATS AND EGGS
>Lunch
CHICKEN STIR-FRY
>Dinner
CHICKEN STIR-FRY

Repeat for 1 year for best results

Real talk just because you aren't getting fatter doesn't mean the fast food isn't pushing you towards diabetes.

me on the right

>What are some cheap but healthy / simple meals I can cook...

Rolled oats, apples, stir fries. That's how I've lost weight this summer.

>and ways to calculate calories and food stuff?

Google and a kitchen scale.

You'll want to eat plenty of proteins along with whole grains and produce.

Fattier cuts of meat like poultry limbs, beef chuck, and pork shoulder will have more calories per 50 grams. However, they're also cheaper and pack a lot of energy in those calories.

That's what I'm afraid of

Thats a terrible horrible idea other than the oats

Youre a fucking moron

Beans and rice. Make burritos. /thread

if one is really worried about the fat from some of those chucks, many cooking methods would let you skim off much of it

fuck that shit
i can't live without variety

You can stir fry different meats and vegetables.

okay user im assuming you have heart disease or on the verge of developing it, so in that case i would recommend following the america heart association guidelines. heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Nutrition_UCM_310436_SubHomePage.jsp
now for when it comes to food and maintaing variety only buy these things when you grocery shop and it should last you for two weeks or more.
2 proteins: chicken and fish. one raw and one prepared.
2 vegetables: spinach and broccoli
2 fruits: apples and oranges
eggs, considering you have heart disease its generally recommended to not eat the yolk so in your case egg whites would be best.
greek yogurts for snacks, get a fat free one
ONE cheese: if you buy a milk based alfredo sauce it counts as a cheese
ONE grain: pasta or rice
ONE snack: popcorn/nuts
this plan gives you variety, introduces you to healthy eating and the ability to interchange what you eat from week to week.if you want to eat more than two vegetables then thats the only category id buy more than two in. the idea is to only shop for a week or two weeks in small amount.

CONT.
feel free to buy herbs whenever you wish on this plan as well. now comes calorie counting and watching your saturated fat and cholesterol. use any calculator online telling you how many calories a day you need to lose weight. when you cook meat do not use oil, use a cooking spray. you may use oil when cooking vegetables but no more than a tablespoon. measure it and dont guess, also invest in a scale to weigh out your meat/grains. the rest is coming up with meals. using the list i gave you here is a days worth of meals
breakfast: spinach and egg whites with cheese
snack: greek yogurt
lunch: apples with precooked fish sticks (get the brand with the lowest fat)
snack: popcorn
dinner: orange chicken with rice.
also your doctor may have told you to watch your diet in that case google the DASH diet