What is the moust profound book you have ever read? Or a book that really touched you and stayed with you...

What is the moust profound book you have ever read? Or a book that really touched you and stayed with you. For me it has to be this gem right here. I basically have it memorized.

I've never read it, but I remember some kids had it for required reading in like 8th grade so I've always assumed it was garbage like To Kill a Mockingbird.

Atlas Shrugged is also rather good.

Read it in Grade 6 and don't fully remember it but it was alright all things considered. Of course that was me in grade 6 so take that with a pinch of salt.

Are you 12?

I read it in 7th grade

Is it actually worth a reread? I remeber thinking of it as pretentious even in 7th grade

With all that bullshit about oh society is color blind and im gonna leave the ending up to interpretation expect when I need to money whore for a squeal

I'm 29 and I love this book.

Yes, it is actually one in a series.

I don't say this a lot, but please kill yourself, thanks.

What's your problem man? Must everyone like what you like?

What's he give out?

If you're reading YA at 29 you're the problem.

29 is a young adult... 29 is still young.

I actually liked The Giver. The movie adaption could have been one of the greatest things ever (but it wasn't).

wow lel

I liked this book so much when I read it in sixth grade as a kid that I read the sequel for it and gave a book presentation for it in class. All the kids made fun of me because the cover looked like this.

is this book about dongs?

Finnegans Wake.

Followed by the complete talks of Foyan.

In their original mediaeval cantonese, of course.

yeah heh okay whatever grandpa

Probably this when I was in elementary school. Made me hate black people for a couple years.

But positively profound books would probably be Meditations.

about giving head
see, it even has the head on its cover

cassie logan looks as a little shit, indeed

KJV

daaaaaammnnnn. Love this book. Blew my young, developing mind.

For me:
>1984
>The Demon Haunted World
>The Greatest Show on Earth
>The Hidden Reality

This book was so filled with feels and nuanced meaning.

How old are you?

Why are you engaging him? Let pretentious faggots be pretentious faggots. There's nothing wrong with liking what you like.

Well there are two books that profoundly influenced me -

One is Spinoza's Ethics, which I still believe to be the most insightful book philosophy has ever produced, as well as one of the best written; it helped me learn how to be creative and it fortified my conviction that knowledge, reflection and writing are the ways to achieve happiness and freedom.

The other is Giorgio Manganelli's Hilarotragoedia, which showed me how language and literature are the most sincere of lies and that writing is the dance of nothingness above the maw of the Abyss, that words and concepts are frail cathedrals of glass growing in every direction out of themselves, destined to a beautiful, crashing fall in the inevitable end.

>Giorgio Armani's Hilarotragoedia

I always preferred Pinot Grigio's Propriamente.

The World as Will and Reputation, the most important work to any serious philosopher.

That Nietzsche was mentally unhinged is self-evident from anything he's written. Schopenhauer was right; Nietzsche picked a fight with his mentor's ultimately reasonable pessimism, and lost.

>I'm 29
>young adult

Hahahahahahahahaha