Tfw your prof tells you you're a literary genius during office hours

>tfw your prof tells you you're a literary genius during office hours

>tfw your prof doesn't tell you anything because you don't have one

>tfw you hear weird noises from the room your prof is since you kidnapped him 2 years ago

but you will be nothing other than an office clerk

>ywn get a job

>tfw professor asks to use your work as teaching material for future classes and tells you not to worry about the final because you're getting an A
>tfw this has happened four times

One of my professors told me I had critical thinking skills that were very rare in an undergraduate and that made my week.

>tfw 50+ year old coworker makes fun of me for reading on the job with some dumb joke

>tfw your prof invites you into his "secret" office
>he says he needs help "fixing his pipes"
>he says you may have to use your mouth

so you can like louis in the waves read latin poetry in a cafe during your lunch time while snorting at all the simple minded people around :3

All this means is that your professor is literally retarded. And so are you for not realizing it.

That or he's literally trying to get laid. Undergrads are always easy.

but what if they are both of the same gender...?

and?

>tfw perpetual B student

Just means there's room to improve.

Since when has that ever stopped anyone hard up for a hole to fuck?

>tfw you google your prof and he writes alt-lit hipster memecore vignettes in his spare time

Why did I have to look

Just bee yourself, user

i wish i were a literary genius.
i guess that would require some talent.
and hard work and shit. well, fuck it.

Did I get meme'd by my professors?

what the fuck does that even mean?

we all did, user. we all did.

>tfw your prof asks you, "who are you" because you rarely go to class

>tfw you dont go to office hours because you're actually smart and you dont need help or validation from your prof

I'm sorry dude but I don't even buy that

>teachers told me to stop being a snobish cunt

>teacher told me to end it all

Good luck getting letters of rec.

This. Letters of recommendation are very important.

>tfw your writing prof gets drunk and tells you you'll probably writer some hack bestseller and you just grin like a jackass and laugh at his hairline, the signet ringed and miserable fuax-english irishman that he is; the bastard just a fatter, sadder you really

>teachers told me I needed to start living up to my potential
>never did
>trying to now
Why is growing up so hard? I always thought I could get away with being a slacker cunt.

H A C K

He probably says that to all his students

Our true potential is a dying candle light. The only thing that will ever reach it is darkness.

>used the term literary genius

good idea to discard anything he says desu

You write like a cunt so he's probably right

>your professor adds that outside office hours you're a drooling idiot.

>tfw you were a grade A top-tier student but with every step up the educational ladder you've got shitter
In retrospect the doctorate was a step too far.

is that Blake?

>tfw boss tells you that you ask questions that only a seasoned roofer would think to ask

One time my classmates clapped for me after my teacher read my paper as an example of what to do.
>it was just art class
>community college
Still felt good though.

Why? Understanding how words mix and flow, organizing thoughts, being creative etc takes a certain intelligence

Do go on. What is your educational background?

>tfw your own father calls you a pathetic loser

ye.

Okay

Not him, but what do you use letters of rec for? I didn't go to college and I'm curious

aye welcome to the club, man

>multiple profs tell you that your literary voice is developed beyond your years and is hilarious
>also you write too off-the-cuff casual for academics

Beyond okay with that feel

oh man it must be so nice to go to community college where you don't even have to do the final to get an A, "go to an elite college for better life time earnings prospects" they said...

this

>write half assed paper for thesis
>professor is ecstatic
>praises me
>i start to write something really interesting outside of thesis.
>lose interest in thesis
>professor gets pissed off like im not taking his course seriously
>im not
the class was a joke and so were my classmates. one of them actually got a masters in CW. at least i got my pre med courses out of the way before graduating so i dont completely waste my life on bullshit

That actually happened at a top 30 college. I still had to go to the finals and not be a total fuckup, but they were telling me I didn't need to worry about it.

>groomed by adviser who constantly blows smoke up my ass
>encouraged to do whatever the fuck i want
>he's extremely hands-off with me
>meets his other grad students four times a week, but we meet once every four months
>well okay then
>do whatever the fuck i want
>all his other students are doing dialed-in empirical research
>i'm doing weird crazy shit that is barely even appropriate to my department
>suddenly realize a month before thesis is due that he might be like "whoa no, this isn't what i wanted, you're a dipshit"
>doublecheck
>he's like "i don't give a FUCK at all, do whatever you want"
>tfw comforted on the one hand, but also kind of scared that i have zero oversight
>tfw not sure whether i should forward this thesis to my dissertation adviser later on when it's basically like "Duhem, Piaget, and a Guy Who Talked to Squirrels, as Applied to the Poetics of Form"

people who actually go to office hours are the absolute worst.

What the fuck are office hours? I got my bachelor's degree in chemical engineering and have never once heard this term. Is this an art school term?

It's just times when your professor makes himself available for you to meet and ask questions or whatever. Sometimes people just go when they have a particular question, but I've been in other classes where the office hours are pretty much the most important aspect of the class because the material is so deep and the professor can only do so much in lecture. If you go to them, you're likely to develop a rapport with the professor, which can open up new opportunities.

These people are experts in their fields and you have open access to them. Why would you not go?

Office hours are how you get into a place like Harvard desu

>tfw your prof tells you nothing and forgets your name
>tfw you have no prof to talk to
>tfw you go to a shit school
fuck you

>tfw you're pretty much self-taught

>actually needing them

Enjoy getting BTFO if you ever try to have a discussion with a scholar who's had access to resources you can't even fathom.

grad school, mainly, and other research-oriented things

>enjoy getting btfo in a discussion
If that's the mindset you have when having a discussion then you're not worth the time. A discussion should be an exchange of ideas, not sport

Not if you come into it with sufficiently ignorant ideas.

>go into back office
>he says he needs help with his skin flute
>might need to blow it hard
>turn a corner
>ancient african elephant antique skin-wrapped wooden flute
>holes are dusty, labium blocked
>blow into the mouth piece hard
>labium clears
>take pipe cleaners from desk
>clear holes
>professor thanks me and promises to give a few extra credit points, even though he knows that you already have a 96 in the class

>tfw you have a panic attack during office hours because small spaces and 1 to 1 interaction scares you

>tfw your English teacher tells you that your essay on Soap Operas could be published
th-thanks

>panic attack

what are you a fucking chick or something? grow some balls bro

thanks brother, that helps

>> tfw when one of your older professors at community college say Lolita's age was undefined until humbert and co met Quilty.

>community college

i feel you broseph

Scientists wouldn't because they spend full time in class anyway. It's humanities students who find themselves wanting more contact hours.

History.

>A-Levels: straight As
>Bachelor's: top twenty UK university, First class degree
>Master's: another top twenty UK university, Distinction
>Doctorate: top ten world university, screwed up badly

kek

No, that's not the case at all.
Everyone who got an A in my genetics class spent two hours a week in office hours. It was massively helpful. If you're a STEM major, you might want to consider the possibility that you don't know your field inside and out yet.

>f you're a STEM major
I'm not- I'm just going by stereotype and scientists I have known.

Okay, well I'm going by double-majoring in Biology and History at a private university in MA that you've probably heard of.

I asked a highly respected academic a question during his guest lecture and he said it was intellectual masturbation.

>tfw henry deletes you from facebook
>tfw he has seen your messages but never replied to them

>tfw henry

What the fuck is this Henry meme from?

A thread we had a few days ago where somebody was spamming pics of this Asian kid who goes to Princeton and pretending to be him while claiming to be an all-around alpha male.

mind linking me this shit, ma nigga

Isn't the archive down? If not all I can do to direct you to it is that the topic was something about whether intelligence and attractiveness correlate in any way.

>user, you're really smart. This is exactly what I wanted.
>This is definitely one of the best works I've seen during my career, if not the best one.

They tell that to everyone. Not every student in class but many moderately skilled students lacking in confidence hear that several times. You're dumb if you think he's actually serious. Pay some attention to your surroundings.

>tfw your prof will never make you blow on his ancient skin-clad flute
>tfw you will never squeal with excitement when the dust escapes from the flute in one breath

>tfw when your profs all basically try to fist fight you because you have a reputation for being some sort of crazy communist or capitalist or some other bullshit
What the fuck? Fuck off and get your own lives old people. Never go to university/college it's literally just a bunch of pathetic bored man-children and pretty princess ass bitches sitting around acting out personas and waiting for someone actually capable of having a nuanced identity to enrol so they can harrass them. I don't care how intelligent they are, these people aren't mentally healthy.

>tfw your prof touches you during office hours

>literary genius
>can't write a simple sentence without having in it a misplaced modifier

Genius has to be one of the most overused and misused words ever.

>pathetic bored man-children and pretty princess ass bitches sitting around acting out personas

This is eerily accurate.