Why the FUCK do my burgers never ever come close to the fast food chain burgers. I'm using all essential ingredrients...

Why the FUCK do my burgers never ever come close to the fast food chain burgers. I'm using all essential ingredrients, seasoning and I add my favourite sauce. And it always comes out shit.

What am I doing wrong?

Shit?

They should be coming out better unless you love the taste of preservatives that much.

Use cheaper ingredients and be lazier?

this

take us step by step through your process OP

Two reasons.

They're using a griddle to cook the burger and you're not buying the right buns.

Simple as fuck
80/20 ground beef Chuck
Form 1/2 lb or 1/4lb patties
Salt and pepper
Hot as fuck cast iron pan
Cook 5mins per side
Put cheese on top once flipped
Butter buns

Try the following:

Teaxh someone your recipe and let them cook for you.

Tastes better now? That's because your nose, eyes and tongue didn't get used to the taste while cooking.

>5 minutes per side

Well, they should be better tasting than the ones you buy from a fast food chain.

However, the kinds of sauce you use play a big role on how it tastes. Try mixing some stuff together to find your preffered sauce.

And of course, use fresh ingredients. Fresh meat with fat, proper buns, fresh veggies. Throw in a fried egg too.

GL user

you need more preservatives and flavor enhancers

Ultimately comes down to the buns and cheese.

Maillard reaction.

>Why the FUCK do my burgers never ever come close to the fast food chain burgers.
Brown is flavor? Are you flipping it too frequently and cooking it in steam and juices and never leaving it alone enough (or hot enough) to develop that yummy browned searlike crust? Are you seasoning it well? Try cajun "house" seasoning (for the garlic and onion powder, if you want, or a drizzle of worchestershire before it hits the pan. Maybe your favorite places do that. They might also do MSG.

I don't know what your seasoning is, but try grilling your burger with something else in the pan, some grilled onions, mushrooms, peppers, something that will also brown up and can go on top. The quality of your cheese matters too. Garlic-butter toast the bun. Most restaurants are adding flavor and texture by grilling the inside of the bun. Are your tomatoes ripe? Have you tried the Tasti-lee brand?

sprinkle some umami into it

Yeah that sounds exactly like mcdonalds you retard. OP isn't asking how to make a good home made burger. They are asking how to copy Mcdonalds and other fast food burgers. Your advice has absolutely nothing to do with that.

OP I worked at 5 guys and i will share our top secret burger cooking method for a juicy well done burger in 7 minutes or less

put the burger on a hot grill or pan (I think it was 400 F iirc) then wait a minute for the brown of the burger to start to come up the sides.
Then flip the burger and even it out by pressing down. When we evened them out they would always come to be less than 1cm, maybe half of that. then you let it cook for a few minutes until the red juices come up out of the top like a "blood volcano" (this was real terminology they used).
Flip the burger, and let it cook until well done. We would always just cut a tiny slice into the edge to see if a patty was done.
Top with Kraft American Cheese. Wa la!

Use some turmeric and garlic powder. Also let sit in fridge for a couple hrs after you season the patties and dust one side while you cook the patty for a total of 3 min at medium high heat faggot

mein nigra

i insist that american cheese is THE cheese for burgers. thank you for your support.

>hey, add these spices and cook for less time, thats how you do it faggot
your post literally contributed nothing

what if the patties are too thick? will your timing work on those?
all youve done is say "add "spices", then ended your statement like a faggot. i suggest you redo your post and think about what you can actually contribute.

Hhahaahahaaa+hahaha u wrecked that poor guy

Thumbs up mate

> (You)
>>hey, add these spices and cook for less time, thats how you do it faggot
>your post literally contributed nothing
>what if the patties are too thick? will your timing work on those?
>all youve done is say "add "spices", then ended your statement like a faggot. i suggest you redo your post and think about what you can actually contribute.

He said the thickness of patty fagnut. Go white knight another board, this cuck needs to learn through trial and error

also the cheese

The only correct post in this entire thread.

OP doesnt have a flavor lab. The reason murican fast food shitholes taste the way the do is sugar and MSG, not that the two aren't mutually exclusive. What you cook at home, save you actually use quality ingredients and components, is actual food. Fast food serves you synthetic chemistry.

>Throw in a fried egg too
>HURR YOU CAN EET IF FO BREKFST!

So sick of the meme burger.

Gibe de pusi b0ss

Salt and MSG. Screaming hot non-stick pan. A spot of additional bottled oil and Worcestershire in the pan to fry the patty in or beef tallow, broth, drippings, bacon fat, etc. and maybe any additional beef flavor enhancer you may want to add. Flat as you can for rapid cooking. American cheese. Fry the bun in the remaining grease for a little bit, too.

if it's falling apart, throw some flour into your mince.

Also, onions.

I haven't touched a chick in over four years, so:

gibe de pusi b0ss

Clearly you like the taste of synthetic substances, chemicals, preservatives, and poison, are you using enough of those in your burgers?

>Only four years
LOL. Get on my level fuccboi.

>Hot as fuck cast iron pan
>Cook 5mins per side
I'd imagine most burger joints have their grills and cooktops pretty well calibrated to be just the right temperature.

You probably don't grind your own meat.

Cook it until it's dry as puck. Also is it just me or does mcdicks burgers taste smoky? White pepper maybe?

Idk, there's a very thin line between burger and meatloaf. I'm really cautious to incorporate things like flour and eggs

Come on, OP... we've all been there. You just need to stop being lazy and do the sensible thing. Wait outside of the fast food restaurant of your choice and find some ugly chick who just got off her shift and hook up with her. Play the long game for a few weeks then strike up a conversation about how cool it would be to see how things go on in the kitchen and have her take you to work. Alternatively, you could make her a lunch (bitches like that kind of stuff) and bring it then just pop inside to see the process. Once you have all the necessary information dump her and make some food.

It's the only sensible and normal thing to do.

Everything about that idea is so hilariously sad, I love it. It'd make a great 5 minute short film.

Did you know 9 out of 10 burgellies can't tell burgers from meatloaf?

>Don't use 80/20 ground beef
>Do use 73/27 for more juice and better flavor
>Don't use American cheese
>Do use Cheddar Extra Sharp or Swiss for better taste
>Don't use non-stick frying pans
>Do use cast iron. Even better, use outdoor grill
>Don't put black pepper before cooking (it burns and turns to soot)
>Do use Worcestershire sauce to season the beef and coarse kosher salt

I'm sorry you hate things that are great. Although I know nobody who claims you can eat a burger for breakfast if it has a fried egg on it.

They have their own chemical blend, it's like attempting to make coke anyone can make soda but nobody can make coke

You need to make really thin patties and let them soak in the grease on a skillet and simmer them on medium to low heat for an extra 10 minutes after cooking

>Hey guys how can I make a burger like McDonalds
What you want is to buy pita bread and Greek yogurth for sauce, you are going to need olives and...
Wtf? That's nothing like McDonalds
>Well excuse me I was just trying to teach you how to make a real hamburger
Every time
Every fucking tkme

I know exactly this feel OP. For a long time my burgers where a little meh even if I used good ingredients. What worked for me:

>don't fear abusing fat, fat may kill you in the long run but it's a must for taste
>make some tests to check if you are using the correct amount of salt because in my case I undersalted everything I cooked for a ling time
>burn the fuck of the meat and the cheese

The last one is my most recent discovery. You need really hot pan and you need to make sure the meat and the cheese stay in the fire until they have some dark brown.

I did shit burgers for a long time because I was scared of fat, salt and fire. Don't be scared and they will taste better than the ones from fast food.

>flipping frequently makes it harder to create a sear

I thought we had done away with this myth finally.

>outdoor grill

Oh I forget to say. Let the fire as high as possible if you are using a stove. After a while it's gonna smoke a lot, then you use a lid to let the smoke in contact with the burger for a bit. Maybe it's just psychological but I believe it helps the final flavor.

it has nothing to do with being breakfast food user, a over easy egg resting on top of a bacon cheeseburger is just fucking good.

What is going on with people who have their burgers falling apart? This has never happened to me, but I see people giving advice on "binding" the meat all the time. What the actual fuck are you people doing?

home burger folks often make the patties too big and thick. try making them smaller and thinner, this will call for a fattier ground beef, that will also improve the favor.

I like you.

gibe de pusi b0ss

This is probably also why they are having this issue Trying to make a meatloaf on a set of buns and crap like wtf it's a burger and should not be 3/4 of a pound of beef rolled into a loose falling apart patty 2 inches thick that takes half an hour to cook.

It is sort of true, though.

It's more of a myth for steaks, where there's a mostly uniform surface.

With things that can shift and place other parts of the food directly onto the pan as you cook, movement does prevent specific spots from staying on the heat and caramelizing.

>fried egg automatically makes it breakfast food
Mopping up the yolk with burger is a heavenly act, please go

all very true...people seem to think thicker is better but on a burger that may not be the case.

Fast food has it down the right way. If you want 1/4 pound, 1/2 pound, 3/4 pound burgers...they use 1, 2 or 3 patties each at 1/4 pound because that is what cooks/works best for a burger. They have done extensive testing I'm sure. Although you can also say it just makes it easier on them using the same patties for every size and just adding in extra ones for people who want more which is a big part of it.

just split up with my wife...

gibe de pusi b0ss

lots and lots and lots of black pepper.

Sorry, I noticed I said non-stick. No, that's dumb. Don't do that. Meant to say to use a real pan.

>filthy frank

gibe de pusi b0ss

increase fat and salt content in the meat, then make sure the whole sandwich stays warm and moist after you prepare it.

I've spent a couple decades of my life cooking burgers, and they're right. When I went to thinner patties and doubling, I realized I'd been doing it wrong all along.