What are some good esoteric books?

What are some good esoteric books?

Other urls found in this thread:

fugu-suicide.tumblr.com/post/11439423501/takato-yamamoto-pt1half-segment-i-can-get
fugu-suicide.tumblr.com/post/11439759738/takato-yamamoto-pt2other-side-i-wish-i-could
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's a really obscure collection of essays on the similarities between Rangaku based and nativist thought.

i don't read moon and the pic is just advertisement for the thread

The titles roughly translates to Everybody Poops.

John Cowper Powys

The Red Book
and pretty much anything else by Jüng

Tibetan Book of The Dead. So underground the manuscripts were literally buried there and around mountains in the 8th Century as predicted by it's "psychic" writer, only to be rediscovered after Buddhism had been accepted again by Tibetan monks who claimed they could commune with ghosts and their past lives to find them in the alcoves, rivers, tombs and caves of the Himalayas.

Uma Thurman's dad writes a good introduction to it, but it's effectively a series of prayers and description for the long process of the "between", the many day state between life and death whereby individuals are said to be able to dramatically alter their cycle of rebirth. It's quite terrifying.

Are you asking for the most unknown pieces of text with any literary worth? Because any of the thousands of poems published in poetry journals every year that no one but their editor reads more than once.

Are you asking about the tradition of esotericism? Because there's a few charts for that somewhere.

You seen Enter the Void by Gaspar Noe? Its based on that book, you might dig it

undergrads pls go

moragavine

Are all 45 of the illustrations of that same caliber?

You made me do everything reasonable and more to find a full definition image of the full version of this art piece. Even searching the original japanese title on yahoo.jp images does nothing. I'm honestly considering emailing the artist.

It's Takato Yamamoto's Amakusa Shiro at the Shimabara Rebellion, but it's cut off to the right (where the spine is in the limited print book). There are similarly defined versions of the image to the right, and low-definitely versions of the whole thing, but God damn I just want to see the piece in full.

Anyone help me out?

Very much so.

Bump for interest.

is the portable jung a good place to start with him or is man and his symbols better?

give us the good shit and post charts

go for it email him and tell him you want to steal his artwork

Got you.

That was one of the worst films I've ever seen

Post more.

is reading this stuff actually worth it?

post those femboys by this artist

What do you expect to get out of it?

infinity

Found two scans but not of the middle. It turns out to get the middle, you have to unbind the book or something like that.

fugu-suicide.tumblr.com/post/11439423501/takato-yamamoto-pt1half-segment-i-can-get

fugu-suicide.tumblr.com/post/11439759738/takato-yamamoto-pt2other-side-i-wish-i-could

Read Leo Strauss. Then read Plato.

shouldn't it be the other way around?

Is that Amakusa Shiro?
Fucking beautiful painting

do you have the whole thing?

No sorry, I don't.
I just recognise the man in the painting as a figure from Japanese history, from his appearance and the references to Christianity.

are you sure that's not a woman?

yes, you will achieve the infinite but only if you put in the work

Rosen is good too.

Jung
Particularly:
Memories, dreams and reflections
Man and his Symbols

Also someone post more takato yamamoto

is the portable jung better than man and his symbols as an introduction?

I guess so

Youd have a more balanced understanding of his psychology after reading the portable Jung which would be useful if you wanted to read further

I started with Man and his Symbols and although it was extremely interesting, I felt Id gone too far in one direction of his psychology without understanding his main ideas

Bump.

So I see you've never read strauss

i've never read any philo, i just see the greek meme spouted around

Weird Twitter and its visual similar, Weird YouTube.

would portable neetcheese do the same?

Joseph Campbell? Really? He's on my list, so I don't know, but wasn't expecting to see him there.

i havent read much of him so i wouldnt know desu

why are we mocked