Hey guys get a load of this beer, it has notes of grapefruit, buddha hand lemon, yuzu, and a white pepper finish

>Hey guys get a load of this beer, it has notes of grapefruit, buddha hand lemon, yuzu, and a white pepper finish
>DANK, I can't wait to get my hands on a growler!

>Hey guys check out this chardonnay, even though it's from California it's got a lot of green apple on the palate
>WTF, wine is a joke, it's made of grapes! How can it even taste like an apple?

Explain yourselves

>Explain yourselves
Wine costs more than beer for the amount of alcohol in it
The rest is just rationalizing

This seems like an invalid starting premise.

I think you are quoting two different people, sounds like some kind of strawman or something

But you must keep in mind, wine is a much more simplistic beverage, there is just a lot more going on with hops than grapes and thats not even considering the much more complex variety of grains available compared to grapes

Easy. This board is mostly Americans. Americans have a raging hate-boner for wine because it's perceived as an exclusive thing reserved only for fancy elite people. They will hungrily latch onto anything that seems to validate their belief that wine exists in order to make them feel stupid and unsophisticated.

Nah, not really. Its seen as more of an elderly lady thing than a class related thing

Wal-Mart sells the shit out of wine, it's all the rage with pinky flinging flyovers.

Wine is more of a coastie blue collar labor union thug thing, or people elderly enough to be from a time when not much top tier alcohol was available so the settled for wine

>I drink one beverage exclusively 365 days a year because it's current year we have the new craft beer now, at least we're not the south
Flyover land detected

Lots of middle aged alcoholism is cute while my life sucks white women in the Midwest too though.

American 'craft' beers are invariably competitions to see how undrinkably hoppy one can make a brew.

I've never tasted a decent American beer yet.

How does anything you just said relate to anything previously posted

Thats an absurd assessment.
>I've never tasted a decent American beer yet.
What American craft beer have you even tried?

You think it's not obvious, but it is.
Here we go with the "oh but {some beer I cherry-picked because I'm pretty sure no one on this board has tasted it} is the exception so obviously you've never had American beer because you've never had {SBICPBIPSNOOTBHTI}"

Loads of stuff by Founders, Hopping Frog, Port Brewing etc.

They're all shite, and completely unbalanced.

Try cans, they are easier to balance. Bottles are too skinny on one end.

Kek

Do you seriously think most american craft beer is west coast style DIPA, or is this just a you pretending to be retarded?

lol, what Founders beers are unbalanced? Most of their stuff isn't even IPA centric (but their Mosaic Promise is pretty good)

Do you really thing everyone who disagrees with you is from California, or is this just a you pretending to be retarded?
>just a you
>just a you

Do you really need to come shitpost in every beer related thread? Can you just leave?

What? The guy I was talking to clearly implied he was not American, I certainly wasn't saying he is from California

I think the last one of theirs that I sampled was the all day IPA.

Absolutely undrinkable hopped-up guff.

I suppose the Maui big swell IPA wasn't completely undrinkable, and is technically a product of the USA.

>Can beer threads just be a hugbox where everyone has the same opinions as me? Please?
Yes, because as we all know, if you don't unconditionally all American things simply in virtue of those things being American, you cannot possibly be American yourself.
>just flyover thoughts

I don't think I have ever had a great session IPA, All Day is decent for the style but not something I would pick

Most of Founders flagship stuff isn't even IPA though, so when you say Founders is just unbalanced hoppy stuff it sounds like you are just making shit up. When I think Founders I think of Breakfast Stout and Dirty Bastard before any IPA, but if you want to go IPA with them do Azacca or Mosaic Promise

This has nothing to do wtih opinions, you show up in every beer thread just saying factually incorrect things and shit posting about how awesome europe or the south or california is compared to Northern beer
>Yes, because as we all know, if you don't unconditionally all American things simply in virtue of those things being American, you cannot possibly be American yourself.
He literally said he has never tried a good American beer. How is that not a completely safe assumption to say he is not American? How can you make this about me both hating him from being from Europe and for being from California, your whole thing makes no sense

Anyone who disagrees with you is from England, France, California, or the South. Surely we don't even need to discuss this anymore.

Here in America we all have the same opinion on everything. Anyone who claims otherwise is obviously trolling and quite possibly criminally insane.

What the fuck are you talk8ng about? Are you delusional or something?

Imagine being a flyover that actually likes wine brandy. Everyone assumes I have a smoking jacket and leather chair and sip it while pondering an penpal chess game.

Brandy sells better in flyover than on the coasts

I did read that wisconsin drank a lot of brandy, but I'm not so sure it's a midwest thing.

I think Wisconsin drinks something crazy like over 50% of all brandy consumed in America

By that shitmo logic you should only buy Everclear.