Hey lit, did you like Karl Ove Knausgård?

Hey lit, did you like Karl Ove Knausgård?

Very much. His conversations with Geir are top-tier.

he was great as Aragon in Lord of the Rings

looks cute, would pet

I did.

liked him best before he was cloned against his will and set on a path to global ideological redemption

best author alive

Authors aren't supposed to look like Calvin Klein models. I am suspicious of any talent because of this.

Norwegian here, and I got a bit bored about 100 pages into the first book, maybe I need to commit to it, I have the two first sitting around anyways.

How are the translated ones? It seems he's getting his second revival in the US at the moment

Can't even bring myself to open one of his novels.

this guy looks like a grandpa except for the nice hair. get some standards not that ck has any anymore

Sikkert fordi det det handler om et dagligdags liv i Norge, noe som vi allerede er "vant" til. Syntes boka ble bedre etterhvert ihvertfall

The dude admits to shamelessly throwing cigarette butts out of the car window, he's barbaric.

He's coming out with a new novel which is gonna be called "In the Spring" or something similar. It's about a dad and his 3 month old daughter and is centered around the light and the dark of life's beginning.

you sure its a new novel? he's writing a bunch of books about the seasons now where he sort of explains stuff for his kids, a bit like an encyclopedia

You're just a bitter sour grapes virgin

Fuck. This is the second time I've seen you post this same exact insult when it doesn't fit the context.

Blir bedre mot slutten når faren til Kalle Klaus dauer og han må vaske huset til farmora med Jif. Bok 2 er ifolge mange den beste i serien, veldig utleverende. Fucka nesten opp ekteskapet. Bok 3 var veldig relaterbar for min egen del som sorlending. Hiv deg rundt og les dem, kis.

Norwegian media is just breaking the news today. He said he was done writing novels earlier, but went back on his word and his new book will be a novel apparently.

Fan, hvor mange nordmenn det er her da.

he kinda looks like william h macy

Terrible, terrible forced attention whore meme sold to soccer moms and 50-something milquetoast MFA grads who take all of their book recs from the New York Times.

Seriously? What a faggot.

oh, thats great news

He's a real cheeky lad

goddamn you must have had a sexy grandpa

Not so barbaric when in another passage he talks about weather he should toss the cigarette butts on the ground or not because there are people around to see it. But then he proceeds to do it because they where just fishers after all.

FISHERLIVESMATTER

Not really desu

WE WUZ KANGS

What I keep hearing is that he has great prose and he can make the mundane interesting. I read excerpts and it seems to be true, but I dont think I can stick with that for 4 thick volumes of his biography. If he ver writes fiction or essays, like his Houllebech review I'll check that out, but Mine Kekmph is a no go for me.

but he has written fiction and essays

Sounds like what Ethan Hawks is doing.

Finished book2 at a time of real intransigence now I feel its time to delve again

Only about 200 pages into My Struggle but yes, very much so.

In which of the books does he write about his experiences in high school? I imagine I'd find his books boring but I attended the same high school and there was a small shitstorm at the time about the things he wrote, so I'm curious.

It feels really weird to have someone in such "proximity" - not that I know the guy - ascend to worldwide fame.

Hei alle sammen

Check out Sjelens Amerika/America of the Soul. It's an essay collection with a recurring ttheme about art. The Idiots of Cosmos (not sure that's the correct translated title ) is especially great.

It's of general interest to people who are into literature - there's a great essay on Knut Hamsun too. Plus, a few of his points from My Struggle are distilled into essays, in particular his thoughts on Hitler and the rise of Nazism and the reasons he write.

The first one, I suppose. I started it yesterday and he's talking about his adolescence, so high school is probably going to be touched next.

>2014
>Oh lit, what you think of KOK ?
>Fuck off , thinks he's Proust, babby's first realism

>2016
>wow, so good, cant put it down

Literally the most bandwagon board of them all.

>my opinion is the board's opinion
>I care enough about a zoroastrian cuneiform forum to project my opinions onto it

Yes

>zoroastrian cuneiform forum
There is a point when this goes too far and we might be its general vicinity.

Not even close.