Människofåglar

>Människofåglar.
>Äppelträden blommade.
>Den stora gåtan.
Goddammit Tranströmer.

Är han värd att sätta sig in i?

Ja.

Då får jag gå ner till Studentbokhandeln när hemtentan är inlämnad.

Er Dansk?

Ja. Kämpedansk

Swedish, clearly

MÅ DU BRINNA I HELVETETS VARMASTE ELD DIN PEDOFILHORA
(translation: no, he's swedish)

how can you fags call that shit a lenguage

Rätt vackert favä

I read him in eng and he was unremarkable. One of the worst Nobel winners. Anyone from Scandinavia generally is.

It's our prize ya dingus

Tranströmer är värd, lite för dekorativ stundtals.

Frostenson är superkul att läsa om ni inte gjort det!

Jag har fan aldrig läst poesi utan versmått som jag gillat, inte ens Stagnelius eller Levertin (och deras poesi är fan get). Kan du förklara varför Tranströmers och Frostensons poesi är värd?

It has the force that I find characterises the Germanic languages. That force makes even Danish beautiful. Only kankerspeak is irredeemable.

Well, not being able to handle someone else's success is something of a national characteristic here in Sweden, so I'd be surprised if the Academy actually gave the prize to a Scandinavian who deserved it. Then again, Kristin Lavransdotter has the best prose I've ever read (Swedish translation), it was seriously like mental sex.

MUNNENS KRANSANUS

Is Transtromer (can't be bothered to find the diacritic) good?

Was thinking of getting a copy of his collected poems. I need to read more non-English verse and 20th century verse.

These think that he is, I'm sceptical (), but haven't read him, thinks he's unremarkable. If you want Swedish prose, go Strindberg (Inferno), Johnson (Here's your life!) or Bergman (The girl in tailcoats, if it's even translated). For poetry, go Heidenstam, Stagnelius and Levertin.

You can disregard almost everything we've written since WW2, some is good, but everything that's great was written before the war.

>can't be bothered to find the diacritic
You do know how to copypaste right?

Cheers. I don't think the poets you mentioned will be very easy to find in translation, though.

What about Martinson?

Aniara is good, haven't read much else, and what else I've read is bad.

Wikipedia says: "Several of Stagnelius poems were translated into English by Edmund Gosse (1886)"

"Sweden's Laureate. Selected Poems of Verner Von Heidenstam (1919) - (trans. by Charles Wharton Stork)"

They might not be easy to find, but if you've got access to a uni library or a decent site for used books, perhaps you could find them there.

>try to make a meme thread about ending books (and in this case a career) with title drops
>it ends up being about actual discussion

only read him in english but he's one of my favorite poets. transtromer is fantastic, try schubertiana.